It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Post subject: Re: A brief profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:43 pm 
The Ferryman

doktor_phibes wrote:
I'm sure some NGI members saw something like this in the Golden Fleece, and didn't you have something similar in the upstairs corridor of the Busby Stoop Anth?

It was Claire and Bekki that saw it .. and I "might" have seen it out of the corner of my eye as I was looking the other way at the time .. I saw some movement in the top corner of my eye and then when I heard Claire and Bekki squeal, I turned my head but it had gone at that point, but they were both looking at the wall where I'd saw the movement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Quote:
saw some movement in the top corner of my eye and then when I heard Claire and Bekki squeal,

dont think you will catch me squealing ;)

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 am 
Someone Very Strange

Have decided to put Usworth in Vol 3.

been looking at the available literature (limited) and online (mainly) sources it seems that of the investigations, the North Wales Paranormal, and the NGI stand out from the rest, and so will re-write, condense and put these in.

hope that's acceptable.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 am 
The Ferryman

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 am 
Someone Very Strange

I'll pass on a copy of what I've done for approval before I finalise it.....

lots still to do...wrote a chronology of the airfield to 1946 last night and found a decent plan of Usworth to re-draw for the book.

just loads of investigation reports to rewrite.

arrrrrrrggggghhhh - in a good sort of way :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm 
The Ferryman

Yeah, just rewrite as you wish Woden .. and if its better than our version we'll nick it back from you .. :mrgreen:

I've not read that report for years .. but if you have any questions about it or want anything expanding on just ask and I'll do my best to crawl through my memories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Jay

I think Mark's passed it over to you for a peruse...may be wrong...

personally I thought the NGI version was excellent - that's why it got chosen over many others - some reports are APPALLING....space is only the reason that I have to compress things.

as it is there are loads of airfields that haven't made the 3 volumes because of word limits....shame really.

I have to visit the Neam in the next 3 or 4 weeks to get a photo - got to have a local one or two in the book....might try for M st G as well.....one of the memorial with the hotel (former Officers' Mess) in the background I think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

sounds interesting :) hope you get some good pics ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:50 pm 
Someone Very Strange

I know how to get the the NEAM..

will have to follow road signs for Middleton and hope for the best....truth be told, apart from it being near Middlesbrough I haven't a clue where it is .

all good fun, must remember to pick a cold rainy day - I usually manage 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hows about this weekend for your rainy day ;) looks like the week will be full of rain :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
Someone Very Strange

ahh cold rainy day

Friday I went down to Lincs...pre arranged etc.

started raining at york at about 10 Am...stopped at Louth at about 4 pm

in the intervening and dripping time I managed Fiskerton, Wickenby, Ludford Magna, Kelstern and Metheringham airfields.
that evening was an investigation at Woodhall Spa.

the Sat was a lovely day so we did a couple of hours at Coleby Grange control Towerm then re-cisited Wiickenby.

On the way back the investigation at Tholthorpe started at 7.30 and finished at about midnight.

the temp must have been hovering close to freezing as there was freezing fog at Darlo as I came through there at about 1am on Sunday morning.

shattered from 3 investigations over a weekend but an experience not to be missed.

as soon as I get a dry day it's off to the NEAM...before the frost giants begin their yearly migration through the north of England.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 am 
Someone Very Strange

getting badly in need of a break from writing up airfields

it's not so much the research and the history...but the constant conversion of gramatically incorrect, jargonated pseudo English into something that is printable that is wearing me down.

feeling very depressed about the whole thing at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:11 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

sounds like you really do go into a lot of details. hows about putting it to a side for a few days and try again, or are you a person that likes to get things done and out the way??

I began writing story books since I was 16 lol, 4 on the go and still not one completed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:13 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

all 4 books are different from each other, there is a real life one where I explain the first ghost I have ever seen, then the future and what research I learnt from this ghost and what I did next kinda thing, should be an interesting book, and will all be real expereinces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm 
Someone Very Strange

they sound interesting...are you thinking of publication at some time..??..are we going to be able to see them..?

me - I have to get things done - am a year in advance of deadlines (give or take) but I like lots of twiddling time to play with it..

yes I do go into a lot of detail...each entry has a chronology of the airfield to 1946, a plan of the airfield in the Second World War and as many accounts of the paranormal occurring there as my researches have uncovered....there's a bit of an anorak lurking in me.

actually its roughly what I do for every investigation - gather everything together to understand what is going on better.

anal or what.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I am hoping my books will get finished and hope to be published. The book I started when I was 16 was a story regarding wrestling, I got it finished and read through it 3 times and the words I used were so emotional I even cried at my own work (believe it or not lol.) Well I left it on my old 'Amstrad PCW825' after getting a few replies from publishers stating that there was no interest. I thought maybe I was too young so left it. 10 years later, I booted up the machine again to print it out (to try my luck again with publishers.) but the computer would not work, and the partner who designs computers tried his hardest to get it working to no avail... the only thing left for this computer was to be put in the rubbish tip. I had lost the whole book, and yip I was gutted. years later I put pen to paper and started again. This is when I was interested in spiritual church, no one knew me and by the third visit this is when the medium came to me and said 'You typed a lot of work not so long ago, but somehow it went missing, now I have no idea what this means, but I am getting told that you are writting this out again... now nothing to worry about, your first work was good, but as you have more experience as you are older now, this will be better... if you know what I mean.' I was amazed with that message and just kept going back to church for more ;)

2nd book is kinda erotic 'master/slave' book which I got experience through role play chat rooms I used to venture into... 3rd is the one above about the real ghosty expereinces

now sitting at work, a very boring place where nothing much happened I was getting more ideas on a 4th book, I kept arguing the case that I need to get one of my 3 done first before a 4th book.. well imagination took over me and I found myself writing, 20 pages later I shook my head, the vampire book is my 4th creation.

need to get some typing done ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:39 pm 
Someone Very Strange

just keep persevering and don't let anyone gainsay you....

I'd concentrate on 1 book and get it finished and then hawk it around to see if there are any takers...at least then there is the knowledge of 1 book completed.

look forward to seeing Book 3

I know what it's like - I lost 80% of my stuff when a hard disc (external went down) and the backup CD wouldn't load......I nearly gave up then and there, but well I rewrote it all out of spite and was encouraged by having to do this to find a load more information.

will keep my fingers crossed that you get "Discovered"

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 am 
Site Admin

doktor_phibes wrote:
I'm sure some NGI members saw something like this in the Golden Fleece, and didn't you have something similar in the upstairs corridor of the Busby Stoop Anth?

Sorry for the very late reply.

Yes I saw something similar but it was in the Castle eden inn.
What appeared to be a dark shadow, "creeping" along the wall of a corridor where there were no windows. I saw it block out an alarm interface and we thought it was captured on camera.....on review nothing.

My self and Andrea both saw it and I got the sudden urge that we really shouldnt hang around whilst "it" was there. The one and only time I have been intimidated by something on an investigation.

The feeling was a certain, this intends nothing good. We must leave, we have to leave and I felt like I was fighting my body not to physically run. However the only way out, was past this shadow.

Oh well, weird things do happen, and this is the most unexplainable thing I have seen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am 
Someone Very Strange

always listen to the little internal voice - if it says run away - do so.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:37 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

still not sure about the 3rd (real experience book) whether to add the exact ladies name who I seen... I know with my friends I have no idea who they are called so their names are changed, but for the ghost, not sure whether to keep her as she is rather then change her name, specially with her background.. ghost in question is Anne Bronte.

Quote:
always listen to the little internal voice - if it says run away - do so....

dont like running all the time, sometimes I just gotta stand there and see what happens till I feel threatened

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

AprilButterfly wrote:
still not sure about the 3rd (real experience book) whether to add the exact ladies name who I seen... I know with my friends I have no idea who they are called so their names are changed, but for the ghost, not sure whether to keep her as she is rather then change her name, specially with her background.. ghost in question is Anne Bronte.

Quote:
always listen to the little internal voice - if it says run away - do so....

dont like running all the time, sometimes I just gotta stand there and see what happens till I feel threatened

It was so weird in Darlington when you felt threatened and I would have been happy to have slept there.

Mind I probably didnt help trying to provoke a response!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 pm 
Elite Investigator

If you're talking about that time in the loft at Darlington, I definitely felt threatened too.. Not quite enough to run, but like someone aggressive was right in my face being intimidating. As quick as it was there though, the feeling left. Very weird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Quote:

just use Anne - telling the truth but not the whole truth...then you are not going to get the detractors "oh yeah famous personage - heard it all before - yawn - why's it always famous eh..!" simple answer is that by and large it isn't famous or recorded people.

anyway.....doesn't matter to me if the personage was famous - I judge people and you seem pretty genuine to me from your responses .

theres's a book you may be inteersted in (if you can find it) entitled A Tudor Story...written by Canon W.S. Pakenham-Walsh regarding his contact with Anne Boleyn....a bit dated perhaps and in a style that would not pass for good investigative work these days - nonetheless a fascinating account.

worth a read if you can find it...as I said before - I don't know if it's still in print.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 pm 
A Stiff

Gotta say if its the location in Darlo I think you are talking about...on our first visit there I got a feeling of intense fear from something in that area. This was coupled with the sense that something was always watching and standing by the window looking out onto the yard.
I'm not a runner....more of a come and try it sorta guy...
As a sensitive only twice have i wanted to get out of somewhere...the cellar of the Fleece in Richmond and in the underground store room in the Studio at Hartlepool.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Quote:
It was so weird in Darlington when you felt threatened and I would have been happy to have slept there.

That was one of those times that did make me move, but I guess it was just to outside that door