Someone Strange

D.O.B. : 31 / 8 / 64
WHAT I DO ? : Marine Engineer
WHAT ELSE I DO ? : An elite member in our paranormal investigation Society
BELIEVER / SCEPTIC : Both, pending of my analysis
FAV LOCATION : The Old Changi Hospital in Singapore
REACTION TO GHOST : Will try to negotiate as I want to know more about them
FAVE GHOST GADGET : Thermohygrograph recorder
HOW I GET TO KNOW N.G.I ? : While surfing the internet for some curious information on pendulum.

Let me know if you would like to know more about us over this side of the Earth. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Coldmoon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:27 pm 
The Ferryman

Hey Coldmoon ... ooohh .. Singapore .. we might have to save our pennies up and you can show us the sights over there one day! :D

We'll no doubt have a 101 questions to ask so I'll get the ball rolling!

Whats the general attitude to the paranormal on that side of the world?

Are people open to the idea? Generally dismissive?

Are there many locations you can get access to to investigate?

Do public / private locations advertise the fact they are maybe haunted?

Are there many people who claim to be a medium and can talk to spirits?

That'll do for me for now - again - welcome to NGI!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:16 am 
Someone Strange

Hi Jay. Great to see your response. :)
We certainly look forward to welcome you & your team should you guys intend to come over one day. Who knows, we can have a joint collaboration kind of investigation with your team over here. Haha.. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail should you like to have an

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 am 
Underworld Minion

Ooooh interesting stuff Coldmoon!

What motivated you to get involved with paranormal investigations?

What are your opinions and thoughts on 'ghosts' at present?

Do you view paranormal activity as linked with so called 'ghosts' or do you think there is evidence for 'paranormal' activity in everyday life, not just restricted to 'ghosts' and the 'afterlife' etc?

Did you find the pendulum information you were seeking, and what are your views on pendulums?

What places have you investigated and why was the Old Changi Hospital your favourite?

I'll leave it at that for now cos I can do questions all day hehehehehe!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:59 pm 
Someone Strange

Hi pollen101, nice to meet you on-line here. I must also admit that you have an unique avatar too. Haha... OK back to your queries..

What motivated you to get involved with paranormal investigations?
Well, I started to read up some paranormal related stuff like ghost sightings, UFO, etc... in the past. Thereafter, I came to know of my current team mates activities & events on-line, and get to participate from then.

What are your opinions and thoughts on 'ghosts' at present?
My opinion ( as I always use to tell my Society members ), do not always have the thought that a ghost will appear in front of you whenever we have such outdoor investigations or tours, otherwise you will easily get to imagine their presence even though there's nothing out there. Our objective is to try to find an explaination for every sightings we encountered.

Do you view paranormal activity as linked with so called 'ghosts' or do you think there is evidence for 'paranormal' activity in everyday life, not just restricted to 'ghosts' and the 'afterlife' etc?
We will not view anything as paranormal unless we find no explaination on what we have encountered or witnessed. Many a time, we concluded that those victims who have approached us on their paranormal experiences were due to over-suspicious and were caused by evironmental factors. We have even proved to convinced them as well.

Did you find the pendulum information you were seeking, and what are your views on pendulums?
We are currently still doing a research on this area, and we have even plan to apply this methodology in our next outdoor investigation.

What places have you investigated and why was the Old Changi Hospital your favourite?
Haha...the old Changi Hospital is one of the "famous" place over here which really attracted many paranormal investigators locally as well as from oversea too. Many have since experienced unexplainable sightings, encounters during their visit there. By the way, this old hospital was formally utilised by the British army during World War 2 as well. Other interesting places which we have investigated includes old Chinese cemeteries and even an old British army HQ building which was located near to this old Changi Hospital.

Hope the above really interest you guys. Cheers. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:51 pm 
Underworld Minion

Nice to meet you online too Coldmoon!

Interesting stuff!

More questions......................

What things have you experienced personally that you would call 'paranormal' (if any?)?

What would you say are the commonest things people presume are 'paranormal' but on investigation its revealed they are 'normal'?

What are the main types of places that are allegedly 'haunted' (if any 'type ' especially) over your way?

Do you have fun doing investigations (all of the processes involved, not just the vigils on the night I mean!)?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 am 
Someone Strange

Hi again pollen101, greeting to you again. :)

What things have you experienced personally that you would call 'paranormal' (if any?)?
One very 'amazing' experience I will never forget so far which involved my son, happened in 1997 Feb when he still about 3 years old. For 1 week consecutively, he will start to scream and struggle at the moment he fall asleep in the night. No one in the family ( even 2 of my family doctors ) able to figure out what happened as he was too young and hardly able to tell us what happen. I remembered the only thing he said was the word "scary". Eventually, we came to know of 1 Chinese medium whom we decided to give a try. Guess what ? After that medium conducted some prayer in the presence of my son, everything turned back to normal as before. This is something which I have totally no idea about the explaination.

What would you say are the commonest things people presume are 'paranormal' but on investigation its revealed they are 'normal'?
Too much of Imagination about their surroundings. It's one of the commonest findings during our past investigations.

What are the main types of places that are allegedly 'haunted' (if any 'type ' especially) over your way?
Specially those places whereby brutal happenings have taken place during the Japanese occupation in World War 2.

Do you have fun doing investigations (all of the processes involved, not just the vigils on the night I mean!)?Oh yes of course. Specially when we intend to try out different experiments like oujia board and some other methodologies which those superstitious believe that could catch some sightings

Haha, perhaps you guys can start to plan to come over one day, and we shows you all some of the interesting "games" we have here. Haha.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:44 pm 
The Ferryman

I hope you don't mind all these questions but I have one too. Here in the UK allegedly haunted locations are starting to charge more and more money for groups to investigate the property. In fact it has turned into quite a money making opportunity for locations which really muddies the waters when your trying to find genuine places rather that people who are after a quick buck.

Is this kind of thing happening in your country?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 am 
Someone Strange

doktor_phibes wrote:
I hope you don't mind all these questions but I have one too. Here in the UK allegedly haunted locations are starting to charge more and more money for groups to investigate the property. In fact it has turned into quite a money making opportunity for locations which really muddies the waters when your trying to find genuine places rather that people who are after a quick buck.

Is this kind of thing happening in your country?

Haha...Interesting question indeed, doktor_phibes.
However over here, the "Authority" will play a different game to such situation. Unlike in UK, whereby the authority having the idea of getting quick bucks, our authority over here will start to seal off the places, start putting up trespassing warning signs and even implement security close circuit TV whenever there's sign of more people getting into such places for their research, investigations, visiting, etc... Well, you guys may be puzzling why ? The fact is that in Asia, peoples are quite "sensitive" about the history of the property before they 'purchase' it. Specially when the place is "well-known" in term of paranormal happenings related, the value of that particular property is as good as worthless, haha.. :lol: In conclusion, over here,not much people like to purchase, own or live in a 'haunted' property. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 am 
Someone Strange

Wow, just realised that I have been with you guys for more than a year, how time flies, hahaha... :D

And, well.....I know I'm late, but still.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY VALENTINE TO YOU ! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm 
Underworld Minion

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY 2 YA COLDMOON XXXXXXX

hows things in your neck of the woods,what have you been up to lately?

And did you have a good valentines day?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am 
The Ferryman

Yep, happy anniversay Coldmoon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 am 
Someone Strange

My thousands of apologies for such a late response, Jay & Pollen101. :oops: Have been busy on my end here since.

Oh by the way, just for your information, that it's the Chinese 7th Month festival ( or some of you may term it as the Chinese Ghost Month ), currently ongoing over here since 10th August, and it's going to end on 7th Sept soon.