It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 am

Post subject: Bekki
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 am 
Breezy Draft

I have alway been accepting of the paranormal, but it was only when I met Paul at college that he got me in to doing investigations. I have been to a couple of psychic nights which made me a little sceptical as they were not ran very well and the mediums seemed to feed on well known news in the village I live in, so nothing could be proved. We did an investigation with Esoteric in November which although was a good night, was not planned very well. So we decided to try NGI, now we are glad we did. The Bowes Railways Museum was a great event.

I have felt spirits around me pretty much all of my life, but after a problem childhood, I learnt to not talk about it. I was told I had imaginary friends when I was younger, yet even now I get the feeling of a presence who is with me a lot. It was only the last few years that my nan told me that my Friend fitted the discription of my grandads dad Charlie who had died in his 20's. Which was quite a shock to me, as I was at the point of accepting that I was going crazy, people thought I was schitzophrenic even. Yet Charlie has been around on and off throughout my life, he seems to show up when I am at my lowest. I can never see him physically, but just get a feeling that he is around.

I can often go into places and I'll get a strong feeling that something is there. I can feel what they are feeling which is sometimes a bit frightening. I tend to keep quite about my feeling unless for some reason I feel like I have to tell. The two investigations I have done so far, with esoteric and NGI have been interesting, I have felt a lot, but sometimes find it hard to bring it to the surface so I'll sit quietly and not seem to get involved much.

The only person who I have really discussed my experiences with has been Paul, He was the one who got me involved in Investigations and I am really looking forward to more.

Post subject: Re: Bekki
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:53 am 
A Stiff

Welcome to the NGI forums Bekki, i am glad you enjoyed the event although it seemed to be better for some of the groups than others and i am glad quite a few people caught some interesting pictures on camera,we spend an awful lot of time sitting around in the cold and dark waiting for that one little chance that something may happen and we can only ask spirit to help us with this wether they choose to participate with us is entierly at their discretion. :)

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:23 am 
Stone Thrower

Hi Bekki,

Good story about your friend Charlie, I love to hear peoples stories like that and these imaginary friends too -- great stuff :wink: sounds like you've kept the link with spirit through-out your life, which is great!! The more you get out and about (with NGI lol) then you will possibly find you will develop more and more, or you may find it interesting joining a development grp, but sometimes it can be hard to find a one that you feel "right" with, and now since you have found this forum you can let us all know about your experiences, and they are people who will understand you too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:00 am 
A Stiff

Hi Bekki

Great website you have there - touching but humourous. Your jail story makes such sense when it comes to having a routine. The biggest obstacle to autism I find is staff's attitude and ignorance as well as people's lack of tolerance in general.

I find autism a fascinating subject. I work with people who have autism to varying degrees, right along the spectrum. Aspergers is the more interesting aspect of autism due to the fact that it can be misdiagnosed so easily yet many people have it. Unless people have been involved in autism it is not an easy disorder to comprehend and a lot of people think of the film Rainman which I suppose frustrates people who have it or understand it?

I had compulsive (and still do) traits that really focus your attention on what essentially is an irrelevant thing but is so important at the time - such as the tins in the cupboards being stacked in order or items being exactly in line etc.

I almost applied for a managers job with Espa recently but their long list of criteria put me off. I just wish I tired for the experience now, but too late.

Anyway, welcome to NGI and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Lee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:22 am 
Breezy Draft

Lol, They reckon you have to have some autistic traits to work with people with aspergers/autism, Ben the current manager at Tasker on of ESPA's sites was actually found to be on the higher end of the autsistic spectrum when the students where given the chance do diagnos the staff.

I like to count things and keep things in cupboard neat (Everything has to have the lable facing forward)

We actually visited Castle Keep in the day time, just so I could count the stairs, I know weird, But I just have to count them, so i know how many thier are on the night of the investigation.

Both myself and Paul have Aspergers, It's great to know that someone from NGI has some understanding of it.

Paul is still with ESPA, I have recently finished, Shame you didn't get that job, it can be very rewarding.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:03 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Hi Bekki....Bowes museum was my first time with NGI aswell, although steve and I have done a few more with a different group. I couldnt place who you were until i had a peek at your site, but i remember you now. Its a brilliant site, (some of which i can relate to). Hope to see you again on future investigations.
Heidi :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:10 am 
Breezy Draft

Thanks Heidi.

Myself and Paul will be attending the castle keep investigation, so if your attending, we'll see you there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi there, im pam team sensitive, and look forward to meeting yu both there, sensitive medium, what ever yu wanna call me hahahahah :D