It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Post subject: The black shadow figure
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:58 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I've just come across this site and asked Jay to explain some strange events from my childhood. When I explained it to him he thouhgt the most likely explanation was a phenominer called "shadow men"
About 40 years ago when I was 7, I shared a bedroom with my older brother who would have been about 17 at the time the bedroom was quite small with bunks of which I had the top there where no buildings at the back of the house just a feild and a resevoir so we never felt the need to close our curtains at night.
I woke night to see a man in our bed room the man appeared to be looking out of the window out onto the feild, he was quite clear to see in the moon light but there were no identifying things about him, it was just like a shadow but not cast on anything like a solid form but just black like a shadow it was looking away from me out of the window and moving only slightly, there was nothing transparent or wispy about the form. now on the bunk beds we had a pull cord for the wall light like the sort of thing you would get in a bath room I was too frightened to reach out for it and my eyes were transfixed on this black figure it now seem to be looking at the top of the chest of drawers we had under the window, where we had a collection of airfix model planes, I didn't want to make a noise by calling out to my brother so eventually I reached out to pull the cord to turn the wall light on and it was gone. I left the light on all night, in the morning I told my mother about it and she said if I see it again ask it to tidy my bedroom up.
I made it a policy to go to sleep with the light on after this and my brother would turn it off when he came to bed. as I turned over to try to go to sleep one night with the light on before my brother had come up. I felt someone tap me on the back I looked around and there was no one there I leaned over to see if someone was in the bottom bunk but noone was there I let out a loud yell and my father came running up and tried to comfort me and stayed with me until I had gone to sleep.
After this a few months later I was reading in the top bunk, I can remember it was a smalll commando comic with war stories about fighting Germans then out of the corner of my eye I saw the cord for the wall light was turning and as I watched it began to spin again I let out a loud yell which was closely followed by my father running upstairs and into the bedroom, he explained to me that these things can happen and he tried for some time to twist the cord so it stay still for a while then spin as it unravelled to no avail, again he stayed with me until I drifted off to sleep
The next time was similar to the first just outside the bedroom door there was another window which faced the same way as ours in the bedroom, I woke in the middle of the night and there was the black figure, again like a solid shadow looking out of this window I watch and it moved slowly as it looked I thought it was smoking but couldn't see any red end of a ciggerette I watched and it continued to face the window as if looking out every now and again slightly changing position. I tried to call to my brother queitly to no avail (how do you wake someone up in the middle of the night queitly) eventually I built up my courage to reach out for the pull cord again but this time kept my eyes on the figure, As soon as the light came on it wasn't there.
Years later after moving away from that house I reminded my mother about it and how lame her advice was to get what ever it was to tidy the bedroom when really I needed some reassurance, it was then she told me that it had not just been me that had witnessed this figure but my sister also had witnessed it on a few occasions. She told me that she didn't know what to say to me and she had nopt wanted to blow the situation up and she thought it was probably a lost soul trying to find it's way, I was taken aback abit that my mother believed in such things.
I spoke to my sister later and asked her to discribe what she had seen and it was exactly as I had witness albeit at different times.
Very strange but as I look back on the events and think about it was this figure actually looking out for me or guarding me or just a lost soul like my mother said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 pm 
Stone Thrower

very interesting story there stuart, could it have been as you say some-one looking out for you, eg maybe a grandad etc, yeah ano it must have been really scary at such a young age, but it wasnt there to cause u any harm really was it, or maybe it was linked to the house?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:25 pm 
The Ferryman

What did you think of the "shadow people" description, Stuart? Did it seem to describe the guy you saw? As soon as I read what you had seen the - "shadow people" just jumped into my mind.

The only bit of your description that maybe points to something different than "shadow people" was that you said you think it was looking for something or out the window etc ... or in other words, interacting with this world - whereas "shadow people" tend to be obvlivious to this world ( .. someone correct me if i'm wrong as I'm not 100% certain about that) unless the become aware of the observer (like you have of them) ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:55 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi Jay thanks for the comment
No it definately seem to be aware of surroundings
since you mentioned Shadow People I've had a look on the Internet, it describes these as moving quickly with a wispy shape loose defination around edge of figure, there seems to be a few types though and what is curious is the age group that most of the folk were when they experienced something like this, is there an age group thats more receptive to certain things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi Sue thanks for the comment
No it definately seem to be aware of surroundings
since you mentioned Shadow People I've had a look on the Internet, it describes these as moving quickly with a wispy shape loose defination around edge of figure, there seems to be a few types though and what is curious is the age group that most of the folk were when they experienced something like this, is there an age group thats more receptive to certain things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 am 
A Stiff

I had one of these in my bedroom the other week at about 3am scared the jeebus outa me because it felt unpleasant at the time , i don't like it when they jump out at you or you like that ,nice hazy dark energy field with sparkly bits ,i told it to let me sleep but i ended up getting up in the end although whoever it was did leave. :)

Interesting story all you can really say is it's either connected to you or the house.any more events since ?

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:05 am 
The Ferryman

Well, most kids are very sensitive to things around us in some ways - thats why they have so many "imaginary" friends (are they imaginary???) but then as we grow older we tend to lose a bit of sensitivity - this usually happens when the education system gets its claws into us and starts to drum into our heads that all that exists is the 5-sense world and anything else is 'silly' ... maybe a sense of guilt kicks in and a kid growing up unconsciously puts a barrier around the natural sensitivity we all have. Result : most people lose their ability to see beyond the physical world we live in ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:18 am 
Scaredy Cat

Good Morning I'd like to thak folk for the response to this posting, In response to Orbione Yes there have been more events but not of this sort, some sightings I've just put down to being too tired but other things heard or done which are a bit harder to explain, One thing I would like to air is a few weeks after my Mother passed away I was lying in bed at night in the dark and heard her voice but not as a message or anything it was almost as if I should not be listening "I'm too tired to keep trying" and that was it, I'm sure I was awake and if it was a dream surely me imagination could have thought up a more profound thing to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:04 am 
Stone Thrower

Hi Stuart,

the thing is when we are asleep or just waking or just drifting off to sleep, our conscious mind rests and the sub- conscious mind comes into play, therefore leaving us open to receiving information from "spirit" or "tuning in" to higher levels, its easier for them (spirit) to get messages to us whilst we sleep, as our minds are not as active and we dont have our conscious mind putting thoughts in our heads as we do through out the day. That is why mediums meditate regular and calm their minds before they work with spirit then communication is easier. I do believe that it would have been your mam's voice that you heard, sometimes when i drop off to sleep i hear peoples voices, just for a split of a second, then when my conscious mind says "hey who's that talking?"and it goes as quick as that! because the conscious mind then wakes up kinda thing. But yes dreams or people thinking they've dreamed of passed loved ones is very common indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:43 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi Sue, I hear what you are saying about sleep and it does make sense, 2 things which have happened in my present place of work when I was in no way asleep or even sleepy. both happened on night shift. the first about 10 years back I was put onto a area supervising the area I had to cover was quite large within the factory grounds and changes were ongoing at the time so the office I have to myself on night shift was well away from the bits of plant. The office was elevated to about 1 storey high and had a steel stair case up to it. under neath was a storage room which was locked on night shift to avoid anyone pinching the stuff. I was sitting reading the paper in the office and doing the crossword when I heard someone coming up the staircase, I'd been on my break for too long so as soon as I heard the footsteps on the metal treads I instandly put some report sheets onto of my paper and pretented to be filling them in and just waited for the door to open behind me with someone want something. The door didn't open so I wondered what someone was doing on the staircase and went to have a look, no one was there and there was no possible way that anyone could have been there and been able to get out of sight so quickly, Another time just recently I was coming back from the toilet and for quickness walked back through a part of the factory which has recently been decommissioned and a dense bit of cardboard came through the air and hit the packs I was walking past and bounced back at my feet. I looked around expecting to see the person that had thrown it but there was absolutly no body there. Like I say I was not at all sleepy on either of these occasions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:10 pm 
Stone Thrower

no stuart I hope you weren't asleep whilst at work lol........ sounds like an interesting place you work at. any chance of getting us in to investigate it????? there must be some-one deffo trying to get your attention :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

When my friends dad was dying of cancer, he said he could see 2shadow people" looking in the windows of the house. He said "i havent got long, they are getting ready to come for me".

He died a day or so later.

What was weird about this, is that most people in the house also saw these shadows. I did not, but was aware of others seeing them whilst I was there. I also knew there was a presence in the house, never saw anything or experienced anything paranormal as such, but I could look into a corner of a room and just sense someone or something was waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 pm 
Stone Thrower

weird deffo that one Anth,

So Im guessing thats all they were just shadows? Just some people often see passed loved ones before they go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 pm 
Someone We Know

it is very common for friends and relatives to help loved oned pass over.
i have encountered this in a number of occasions when spirits have communicated who was there to help them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 pm 
The Ferryman

Hiya Eddie - welcome to the NGI forums

So whats your take on "Shadow People" .. are they the spirits of the dead who have passed over to the other side - or do they fall into the category of "something else"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 pm 
Someone We Know

mostly it is spirits related to the person, in the instances where i have witnessed this it has always been that but you cant say that for every ocassion.
unless there is someone spiritual there to see and clarify who it is or if you can get a message once they have passed over as to who has helped them,only then can you say for deffinate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:44 pm 
Stone Thrower

Yeah My friend was once telling me when her aunt passed her uncle was there in spirit waiting, the aunt saw him waiting and told the ones still here that he was there waiting for her so she is going. aww thats sweet aint it........but some believe that spirit world is our home and we are just returning to it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:37 am 
Someone We Know

i would deffinately agree that spirit world is our home sue.

Post subject: Re: The black shadow figure
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi eddie intersting chat , im team sensitive so if yu need anything answered just ask , and welcome :D