It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Post subject: New Forum : Posting Photographs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 pm 
The Ferryman

Now very easy to do ..

1 .. Either start a new thread or reply to a current thread

2 .. Below the text box where you type your message, you'll see a file attachment section. With a FILENAME box and a BROWSE button. Just BROWSE to the photograph on your PC and open it .. the path to the file will then appear in the FILENAME text box ..

3 .. If you want to add a COMMENT to the photo .. just enter it into the the FILE COMMENT text box ..

4 .. Once complete - click the ADD THE FILE button (A small window may open informing you that the upload is in progress) before submitting your post as usual ..

5 .. At present - you can add upto 3 photo's to a particular post (repeat above steps per photo in the new option boxes that appear).. If you have more photo's .. just do multiple posts.

NOTE : At the moment, I've restricted the maximum amount of server space allotted for photo's. So try your best to limit the size of the photograph.

Tips :

Changing the dimensions of a photo
Open the photo in a package (photoshop etc) and change the image dimensions to at most 800x600 pixels and resave it with a different name. You can do this in photoshop through the menu options at the top of the package .. IMAGE > Image Size .. just changing one of the X or Y values will change the other value to keep the aspect ratio the same (to stop the image looking stretched). If it doesn't do this automatically, there will be an option box available on the Image Size window that will allow you to this .. Other paint packages will have a similar way of resizing the image.

Saving the file
Try and save images as JPG (or JPEG) files and upload these. Avoid uploading images such as BMP or PSD etc. JPG is a compression format which keeps files sizes small.

Any questions - post below ..

Post subject: Re: New Forum : Posting Photographs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:09 pm 
The Ferryman

I've now limited the max size of images to 800x600 .. so if you try and post something bigger .. your PC will blow up.. :wink: .. so downsize them before uploading ..