It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Post subject: A visit to Easby Abbey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:06 am 
Site Admin

A few NGI members headed to Easby Abbey in Richmond between Christimas and New Year for a spot of impromptu ghost hunting.

Andrea, Carl, Bruce, Sue, Kris, Pam and Sharon all braved the wet and windy conditions on the night and, so it would seem, got some good results.

What follows is Andreas description of the nights goings on .......

"We arrived at the location about 9.40pm. We all walked towards St Agatha's Church and we went inside the gates into the main entrance. There was Large double iron gates which were open and we sat on the bench's inside. There was a large wooden door to the entrance to the church which was locked, but we had shelter.

"We all sat quiet for some time. Kris then went to have a look around the location by himself. Sue started calling out and then Andrea did as well. We all could hear some noises which seemed to come from behind the door. It sounded like knocks and also tapping and what can only be described as furniture been moved around, heavy furniture at that.

"Pam could sense a Presence of 2 men. The name George was inportant. Sue also said she could feel the presence of a man. Sue told Andie what she felt and no one else knew what sue had told Andie and then Pam told the team what she had felt. Andie confirmed that both Sue and Pam had said just about the same things.

"A tall thin man, Black Robe on and hair thining or bald. Pam felt very uneasy and soon after sue started to feel the same. Andrea took a temperture reading as she was standing next to Carl and Sharon and they all claimed that they heard a womans voice, moaning. Also Sharon, Pam, Bruce and Sue all heard moans and a few members felt like someone was there with us and could feel like someone was breathing next to them.

"We carried on calling out. Pam felt like she was been pushed and just before Pam said this about been pushed Carl and Sharon thought they could see a dark figure next to pam.

"Carl thought he could see very small white flashes next to the big locked door. The noises continued as we carried on calling out.

"Pam took a Picture with her digital camera, and she got quite a shock and showed us the picture. It looked like 2 figures outside the big iron gates. We all tried to think of a logical explaination. Andrea asked if anyone had been smoking. We realized not one single person had smoked. Kris and Carl went outside the gates and to the side of the church and they both thought they could hear music coming from inside the church.

"We did knock on the church door at the beginning of the night and we are very positive that there was no one there.

"After some more time, Pam, Bruce, Kris and Sue went to look around the abbey and Andie, Carl and Sharon stayed within the Church.

"We could still here noises coming from inside the church."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:01 pm 
Member of EFFI

I have also been to Easby Abbey. I was there the day after Halloween in 2005. I must say that the place, the church in particular, gave me the creeps.

I believe that the Abbey is susposedly haunted by monks ? It's an eerie place in the dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

yeah we wanna go back! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:59 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

well maybe sort a Re visit out for fri/sat night and this time maybe a few more will go and not be so boring.......... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:00 pm 
The Ferryman

Some of us have lives and can't drop everything we're doing every 5 minutes to go and chase up creaky floorboards ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:07 pm 
Elite Investigator

Jay wrote:
Some of us have lives and can't drop everything we're doing every 5 minutes to go and chase up creaky floorboards ... :D

Here Here :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

erm mike u wanted to go the other night sooooooo :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:46 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

after looking at the pic i wouldnt rule it out as being spirtits/ghosts ect...

are you sure the was no one smoking or any thing to cause these strange mists looks canny way they just suddenly appear near the gates or after looking at the picture it could just be pam breathing and its caught on the camera close to the camera but loos as if its been set back.

thats my thoughts on it any ways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm 
Stone Thrower

NO one was smoking at all, pam was in the other corner taking pic, no-one was near that area to be breath, and we did pick up on spirit standing at the gates just before pic was taking :wink:

so we all up for it friday see ya there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:12 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

sue wrote:
NO one was smoking at all, pam was in the other corner taking pic, no-one was near that area to be breath, and we did pick up on spirit standing at the gates just before pic was taking

well i do think it was some one breath it was maybe cold enough to make the mist...

but for me the mist is to close to the camera just looks like its far away but really if you blow it up its really close and no were near the gates