It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Post subject: Darlington Railway Museum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:27 am 
Site Admin

The investigation reports for the Darlington Railway Museum are up and available in the investigations section.

You can link to the reports directly <a class="otherlink" href="http://www.northern-ghost-investigations.com/viewinvestigation.php?loc=History&id=8">here</a>.

Overall, it proved to be a mixed night. I think at the time we thought it was a fairly quiet investigation, but after I've spent time going through the reports and typing them up, it seems to me that every group got something.

Ok, it wasn't the most active of places we've ever been to but .. I think it was summed up by one of our guests that was with us and who had never been on an investigation before when she said : "I thought it would be like Most Haunted".

Unfortunately, that says a lot about Most Haunted - in reality, its very hit and miss. If you think back to our investigation at the Schooner Hotel - to me, it was the least active places I've ever visited (we also went back in early December to film a documentary, more on that next year - bet you can't wait, huh?). However, the Schooner has been voted the most haunted hotel in Britain 4 years on the trot. Most people therefore think they will go to the Schooner and bump into Elvis.

Sadly, it doesn't work like that. The Schooner might be known as the most haunted location in Britain NOT because all hell is breaking loose in the hotel everynight, but because something 'unexplainable' might be reported half-a-dozen times a year. So for something to happen on the particular night you visit is a 60-1 chance. And this is the most haunted hotel in Britain, remember.

Investigations, in most cases, are hit and miss affairs. And it seems also this is the case when it comes down to individual groups and individual investigators on a particular night. Some people think there is activity, others don't.

Make of that what you wish. Enjoy the <a class="otherlink" href="http://www.northern-ghost-investigations.com/viewinvestigation.php?loc=History&id=8">reports</a>.