It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 am

Post subject: Girls Aloud And Screaming After Ghost-hunt Stunt
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:21 am 
Elite Investigator

There was "something kinda ooooh" spooking Girls Aloud when the pop princesses spent the night in two of the UK's allegedly most haunted buildings.

Four of the fearless five-piece, who overcame their nerves to win Popstars: The Rivals in 2002, took on their scariest challenge to date when they went ghost hunting with TV presenter Yvette Fielding for a one-off television show.

The programme didn't go as planned, with Northern Irish beauty Nadine Coyle refusing to take part while bandmate Nicola Roberts walked off set before filming had completed.

Two other members of the band, Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh, ended up in tears.

A spokesman for the programme said Nadine featured early on in the show, with presenter Yvette Fielding going to the singer's house to try to entice her to take part.

But the Londonderry lass proved too hard to persuade and refused to help out with the ghost hunting, telling Yvette she found the prospect too terrifying.

The other four girls did agree to go ahead with filming but were freaked out after taking part in ouija sessions at a disused hospital morgue in Cheshire and the 17th-century mansion Plas Teg in Pontblyddyn, north Wales.

Cheryl Cole said she had been reduced to tears during the show.

"It was terrible. I yelled the place down and burst into tears when something touched my arm," she said.

Kimberley Walsh said she had cried when a stone had gone flying at her.

During filming, the pop singers were accompanied by Big Brother psychologist Professor Geoffrey Beattie, who observed their actions via specially rigged cameras.

Afterwards, the singers said they were all firm believers in the supernatural.

Kimberley said: "I was the most cynical out of us all but I do believe in it now."

But Nadine said she had no regrets about not taking part.

"I am just petrified about all this kind of stuff," she said.

"I am just so scared, just the thought of doing it. I don't want to be mixing with that kind of thing. Now after hearing about the girls' stories, I know I made the right decision.

"I have no regrets that I didn't take part."

Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud will be screened on Tuesday, December 12 on ITV2 at 9pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:04 pm 
Stone Thrower

that will be a good laugh to watch --- softies LOL :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:23 pm 
Elite Investigator

would would would would would :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:50 pm 
The Ferryman

Mike wrote:

would would :shock: would would

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:00 am 
Amatuer Investigator

i watched this i was sceptical with miss fielding hosting the show. but i watched it and its was funny seeing them get scared and screaming and the swearing.

i wonder if they would like to take up the offer of comeing out with ngi one time mike sure we could get em out with us get rid of the other girls in the team,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:48 pm 
The Ferryman

I never bothered - watching a ghost hunt with a bunch pf screaming girls seemed too much like a busmans holiday to me .. :lol:

However, the idea of inviting GA along to one of our invests appeals .. I'll vote to take on the role of "strong masculine type thats there incase things get too much, you get scared, your a girl and you need to cuddle someone" .. man, reminds me of Manhattans, will have to go back there sometime .. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:58 am 
Someone We Know

Mass Hysteria is always a good selling point for TV Ghost hunting...

I saw the program (most of it anyway).

There were three types of scary media that any good ghost show needs...

1 - Noises (go figure... "Shhh! Everyone!... Lets all keep our voices down so that we can hear anything and everything going on!).

2 - Darkness ( as I've said before... Only time you need darkness is when you're a medium without a clue!).

3 - Good camera work. Amazing that the show didn't show a great deal of infra-red camera work. Only time you saw it was up close to the Stars of the show...

Last but not least... What's with the stones? Ghost investigation? People have stones thrown at them by unexplained phenomena... and they brush it off and call it a night? Mmmmmmm.......scary!

They should have had a "Medium" with them.

Shoddy work to be honest. I've seen scarier stuff in a "B" movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:23 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

i think the meaning of the show was to test peoples nerves ect the show wasnt a actual investigation, and think most haunted`s star was fowarned of the spirits sghost what ever befor the actually celb went in

but good point on the night visiohn and camera work, i thought the same but as some of the team would agree with me on this when some of us went down to most haunted live in edingbrough, you could see how much back ground work goes in to it who know whats going on iv seen videos of from them and the things iv seen havce been set up take nidre street vaults when they were all getting slashed, what a load of crap how can somit suppost to be really look so fake take the sound mans leg one he had been cut how can blood go up your leg then down if your standing.

also stuarts he got cuts on his back why wasnt there no blood on his t-shirt. seems a bit weried if there were big cunt why wasnt they blood running from them.

and other pointwhich i think mink mention the pushing of carl over the table or bottles, there is a video floating around which shows them plotting there little attack and the day we went in the were not there just goes to show really.

so the moral of my message is all paranormal tv shows addextra bits on to it which makes people beleve and sommit dramitic allways happens at the end of the live shows. and these programs are not to be taken serius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:19 am 
Jay wrote:
Mike wrote:

would would :shock: would would

:wink:
....Edward woodward would :)