It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 am

Post subject: Haunting At My Friends Huse - Possible Case
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 pm 
Someone We Know

Hey all,

been talking to my friend Laura, she's getting pretty concerned at the amount of paranormal activity in her house. Her an a friend did a seances once (I've checked it out, they were safe IE no ouijiboard used) and she is currently experiencing doors opening and closing, things being moved, she is actually seeing this spirit, the spirit is contacting her through her dreams (mediums, can you help me with that one? and she is being woken up at night by it.

She has told me that she sees a small, dark clothed man, very scary looking. Intersting story behind this actually, when she was a child she saw him all the time and also her brothers did too, then she grew up in her teenage years (currently at now) and she didin't see him however, when her brother had a baby and brought it into the house, the spirit has been coming back and has been ever since. She is getting very scared now, the house is about 200 years old, one of those old Darlington Classics and was thinking this could be a possible case. I figured out that the spirit clearly wants her to know its there but not sure about it involving the child unless it was involved with children?

The only thing I can think of, is if the description is correct its a negative thing, a darkly cloaked man, small and very scary looking involved with children doesn't sound very nice to me however I'll let you guys figure that one out. I'm going to keep talking to her about it, I've given her a prayer of protection to say if she get scared and told her to imaging the white light around her and she feels a bit better. Typically her parents don't believe her.

What do you guys think, if it carries on do you think it's worth one of two of us going round (providing I can come,(hopefully I have been accepted to join the team)) and check everything out make sure doors don't open cause of a breeze, she's not woken up by russling outside etc etc

What do you think?
Rob

Just...Rob :-)

Post subject: Re: Haunting At My Friends Huse - Possible Case
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Well first of all as a sceptic, I wouldnt say anything could have harmed her even if she used a ouija board. At the end of the day there is no evidence that its anything more than a "game".

The other side of things is that its possibly a stress related issue. Something has reminded her of her childhood experiences? Has she been through any emotional things recently?

Doors do open and close, its almost impossible to eliminate air flow through a building, a logical cause MUST be checked out first.

Theres nothing in the above report to indicate that, IF, this was a haunting, that theres any danger posed. Again another thing I beleive is that, if theres a spirit world, theres no reason why a spirit would want to harm the living, theres nothing for them to gain from it. Ask yourself this, does every weird looking stranger in the street want to harm you?

As for membership of NGI, No decision has been taken yet whether we intend to recruit more people. We have just recently recruited three new members. The best way to receive an invite to join us on an investigation is to keep posting and be an active member of the forum.

If your friend is genuinly concerned then ask her to contact us directly, its just too difficult for us to assess a potential case based on second hand commentary.
She can call us at admin@northern-ghost-investigations.com
Theres is a telephone number she can use, but I cant remember it off hand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am 
The Ferryman

Basically what Anth has already said is the best way to go forward with this.

Her first priority should be to try and calm down and look at things logically. It's very easy for people to get carried away with believing they've got a ghost and then attribute every little thing that happens to it. We've seen it many times before. If your friend did a seance then 'ghosts' and 'spirits' are probably very much on her mind.

In our experience of doing countless seances over the years (even with Ouija), we have had little success and certainly suffered no ill effects, and it's safe to say that the majority of the team would say they pose no physical danger. However it is very easy to 'freak yourself out' and do some psychological damage by doing/using them, so we would always say if you have any doubts leave well alone.

All the phenomena you've described could very easily have a very normal explanation, so it's quite a leap to put it down to a returning ghost from your friends childhood. This could fuel her anxiety even more and would be counter productive. Try and get her to be her own investigator at first, try and replicate the phenomena or better still try and record it and you will most likely soon discover the true cause for the activity.

Of course it's all very easy for us to say 'don't worry' when we are not going through it, so as Anth says, if she does want to talk to someone then get her to contact us direct and we can get a better picture of what is happening. Here's the NGI number that Anth couldn't find: 0795 8599 670, it would be answered by a nice lady called Carol.

As for joining NGI the best way is to keep posting on here. Get to know the team and show you're keen and you should be considered when we are next recruiting. It's what I did, it took almost a year but it worked in the end and I've been with NGI for 5 years now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 am 
Someone We Know

Okay, thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I joined NGI by helping them out at a charity ghost hunt. I'd been a regular on the boards for a while before that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

Hi Rob, through a spiritual side of things. IF this man is spirit coming back from way back through childhood, he will not be there to harm anyone especially the baby. If your friend has tried to contact spirit world, the spirit would only come forward for love, light and protection, as this man has come closer while the baby is around, he maybe a past relative who is there to protect the baby more then anything, to be a spiritual guide for this child. There is no need for panic in this matter, as there is still a question of 'is this just a figment of imagination.' You have done right in what you say and if this friend is scared she could call the number and calm her mind and thoughts down. NGI have no worries in going to her house and helping her out if need be. If you wish me to send healing thoughts over, then I shall do so. Main things that she can do (as said above) is note down what has been happening, the times, what she seen or heard. Also maybe try and get some recording. I sure hope things settle down for her, but always remember, spirit are not here to harm us.

been contacting spirit since 2006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:52 pm 
Someone We Know

Hi April,

Sometimes I think when people talk to me about this stuff it's because they believe what they see in all of the films even though they shouldn't. Films are just that, films, Things like paranormal activity get to a couple of people and like it was said before, because it is playing on their mind so much their mind starts to play tricks on them, they will hear a floorboard squeak and instantly go " Oh my gosh, that means a demon is coming to get me" or something.

I'll pass on the number for Carol but I try to get people to get into making blogs about it because I find they are an easier way of logging it. I create blogs for my ghosts and I think Mark has seen them. They're nothing special as I have a feeling it my grandfather who sadly passed away in 2003 due to cancer and then there was things happening a few years afterwards when me and my friend, Ashley, (who I had forms a paranormal group with at the time) did a seance and tried to contact my grandfather. Nothing came of it but a little while after once he came up in a conversation I realized how much I missed him and decided to try to contact him again via a seance. Since then I have been woken up my things being thrown about in my room, this would vary from things like my Dalek collection simply moving facing towards me or coat hangers being knocked and thrown around my in my room.

I try to blog as much as possible but quite often it has been quiet. Strangly in some of my blogs noises of a small child can be hear. In one you can clearly hear a little girl sayings mommy or mummy when my room is soundproofed due to my loud band playing there plus all doors and windows were shut. Then another one a noise came from right beside me in one of them. I'll post a link to my page below.

I do appreciate all your help on this and so does my friend :)
Even your advice has helped her feel better :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/FrightNight ... ature=mhee

Enjoy :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:28 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

I am glad your friend feels better :) and some advice has cleared her mind. I just mainy do seances through paranormal hunts, and meditation in the spiritual church... I know it is my grandad who is my spirit guide, he has been for a while now

I can share this thought though, one time through meditation I have always wanted the late great 'Texas Tornado, Kerry Von Erich' one of the WWF greatest wrestlers to be my guide... must of been about 2 years ago now, I prayed and asked constantly for Kerry to come forward many times, every day I would think of him. One of our meditations in the class I did feel Kerry close and I couldn't believe it, Kerry my hero has come forward at last?? well I asked him to give me the feeling of what he felt the last part of his life, and yea I was close to knocked of the chair... another time I sat in meditation and the awareness teacher told us to go to a pier and sit by someone we knew... again this was Kerry, I was so excited and walked fastly over to him, this time though I was his councellour lol. Kerry spoke about his life and the misery of actually what he had done and who he had left behind, Kerry was in tears, I told him in meditation that the goals he achieved and yet as he will not be there in person for his daughter's wedding, he still will be close by in spirit watching down on them when they marry, I told him that even though he is not on the living world, he will always be in the hearts of his family and fans. He seemed very happy with all this and gave me a hug... best meditation ever in my eyes, I do have Kerry's daughter on myspace and often thought of telling her about that meditation, but never had the guts....

Ahh and these sceptics in here are now gonna say 'mumbo jumbo' :P never mind ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am 
The Ferryman

'mumbo jumbo' :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

what ever ;)