It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Post subject: Palmistry
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:44 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Ok, since most of you guys don't believe in other sorts of divination i thought i would put a post on about Palmistry. :lol:

It is apparently a form of divination but as far as i can see it mainly tells you about the kind of person you are, personal traits etc etc.... I do love learning about it and am currently reading a huge book doing all the exercises included. The problem is when i meet someone new i have a tendancy to look at there hands slyly to sum them up, iv'e been caught a couple of times as well. :oops: :lol:

So what do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:20 pm 
Stone Thrower

ha ha Jody.....looking at ppl hands lol

I did actually look into this (breifly) a good few year ago now.....

simple things kinda stuck in my head like if your right handed than that hand is your future, and left is your past vice versa......if your heart line folks off (oohh having an affair or going to lol).....god I cant believe am sitting staring at my hand! :wink:

Hey have fun with it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:45 am 
Scaredy Cat

The longer you study this art, the more you will pick up without even having to see someones hand. Its a fantastic way of trainng the intution too as like with all other tools.

I found after a few years of studying palms & books, sometimes the meanings contradict each other, but thats when the intution comes in.

Have fun 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:25 am 
Stone Thrower

Yeah it was something I wanted to get right into at one time, then I became more into the tarot / playing cards etc, being a teenager at the time I just wanted to know stuff! -- which just after leaving school I got involved in an open circle (dev grp nowadays lol) didnt last long, thought Id never get to learn......that kinda made me drift away from it all awhile (had kids etc) then over the years again got back into things........then somehow I ended up with these lot (NGI), sometimes I think "why do I want to go out all nite looking for ghosts / spirits when i know they exist" lol --- but all I can say to that is for development, I think its better than a weekly group, going to different places and finding different things, esp with these crackers in the team lol.......................but yeah palmistry I did look into once briefly, but for some-one like yourself who has studied it for a long time, it must be very interesting indeed -- again like you say another tool really, (hands auras cards) whatever way of doing it, it has to be what works for you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

Thought Id add this bit info Ive found................

History of Palmistry

Palmistry is an ancient practice. Hands have been of recorded interest to humanity as far back as 12,000-15,000 years ago. Judging by the number of hands painted in prehistoric caves it would seem the human hand held a interest for humans since the stone age. The prehistoric caves in Santander, Spain display hand drawings of palms with the major lines portrayed in amazing detail.

Archaeological discoveries have discovered hands made of stone, wood and ivory by ancient civilizations. The emperor of China used his thumbprint when sealing documents in 3000 b.c. Information on the laws and practice of hand reading have been found in Vedic scripts, the bible and early Semitic writings.

Centuries ago, the sages of India established a system of knowledge stemming from the Vedas, the earliest sacred Hindu writings. They studied the hands as a means to unveil and understand the self and relationships with others. They saw that the unique patterns of lines and signs in the hand come into being as a direct result of the way we

The earliest writings with the word Palmistry (spelled 'Pawmestry') included was done in 1420 by John Lyndgate in his Assembly of Gods documents. Aristotle (384-322 b.c) discovered a treatise on Palmistry on an altar to the god Hermes. The Greek physicians Hippocrates and Galen (ad 130-200) were both knowledgeable about the use of palmistry as a clinical aid.

Julius Caesar (102-44bc) judged his men by palmistry. The first book on Palmistry was Michael Scotts De Philsiognomia done in 1477 on the physiognomy of the human body with a chapter on all the aspects of the human hand. Just as a pebble thrown into the water creates ripples, so our thoughts create similar effects on our palms.

In the seventeenth century many books were written that included the early gypsy ideas about the hand that had been handed down through tradition since the early 1400s. In the eighteenth century books were written blending some scientific information about the hand with mysticism. Since then Palmistry was aligned with the idea that a person read the hand with a scientific eye and spoke from intuition. Palmistry then was a form of prediction that was as individual as the hand.

The practice of palmistry was unfortunately forced underground by the catholic church who branded it devil worshiping. Anyone found to have an interest was quickly murdered. As the church started to lose its influence in society common sense prevailed. Notable people such as Paracelsus (1493-1541) and Fludd (1574-1637) brought respectability to palmistry through their writings.

Marie Anne le Norman was a famous French fortune teller in Napoleon's court who created great interest in Palmistry because of her predictive successes with Napoleon and Josephine. Two other Frenchmen D1Arpentigny born in 1798 and Desbarrolles born in 1801 did a great deal of study and writing on the subject. Their findings are still seriously respected today.

Dr Carl Carus, physician to the king of Saxony in the 19th century matched palms to personality. Advances in genetics, psychology and forensics have propelled Palmistry into the modern age.

In 1901 Scotland Yard adopted the technique of fingerprinting in criminal investigation and identification. Medical researchers studying skin patterns - Dermatoglyphics - have discovered a correspondence between genetic abnormalities and unusual markings in the hand. Research has confirmed a link between specific fingerprint patterns and heart disease.

Today Palmistry is accepted throughout the world. Professional palmists can be found reading palms in every country in the world. Major magazine and books have articles on Palmistry.

Hands

Everything matters in Palmistry...the size of the hand, it's shape, color, texture, the nails, depth of lines, even the manner in which you hold your hands when I read your palm. The hand you use to write with is your dominant hand.

The lines on this hand change through the years due to the electromagnetic images from your brain which know your life path. Lines can add on. Once added they do not go away.

The other hand is your destiny hand. It generally remains the same throughout your lifetime. I do not consider it your last lifetime as both hands are generally similar.

The hand is divided up into areas or mounts, like a geographical map, so that areas of the hand can easily be identified. The markings on the hand consist of the major lines, the minor lines, sister lines, little markings (like triangles or squares) and some thin hairlines coming from other lines. There's a great website that offers an easy method to learn the basic geography of the hand by moving the mouse over a virtual hand. Imagine that the hand is a country with high and low hills and the lines flowing in and out of the country like rivers. When examining this 'country', consider the following:

what is its shape

where are the hills and how high or low are they

how hard or soft is the flesh when you press into it

how flexible is it - bending back the fingers

what is the shape of the fingers

You learn reading hands by examining and comparing them, and after reading many hands you get a feel for what is normal or unusual. You might notice that the fingers are very long, or the hand is incredibly soft, or that one of the lines is unusually pronounced, or wobbly, or broken, or connecting to other lines, etc. etc. Although there is no such a thing as a 'perfectly normal hand', you will start getting a feel for what is peculiar to a person after reading many hands.

For palm lines or 'rivers' consider point of origin & termination and the following:

colour (red blotches may indicate momentary inspiration/excitement/even frustration)

length

breadth

depth (fading out / pronounced all the way)

direction / shape

Palmists, or better said, hand analysts, may also look at the nails, the knuckles, the back of the hand and more recently perhaps, the dermal patterns such as the fingerprints. Even for a non-handreader it is quite interesting to make an inkprint of your hand and look at the pattern it makes - they are quite likely more interesting than you think (see also dermatoglyphics). Reading hands is an incredibly complex task, but human intuition is well capable to handle such a task.