It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:37 am

Post subject: Cemetries, Haunted Woods And Smackheads
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:37 pm 
The Ferryman

Well, we hope you had a fun filled and a scary Hallowe'en last night.

We got ourselves together at the last minute and hit a couple of places on Teesside - Oxbridge Cemetry in Stockton and some alledged haunted woods in Thornaby.

Andrea has done the job of quickly typing up what we came across while we were out and about and you can read it right here :

Oxbridge Cemetry

While entering the cemetrey Pam picked up on two woman one was in her 30's and one in her 70's and they were following the team. Also she picked up on a man whom she seemed a bit aggigated about us being there. There was a church in the center of the cemetry and Pam laid out a large blanket she had brought with her. Both Pam and Bruce claimed they could see a white light in the church although nobody could see this.

Whilst we were standing around near to the church more or less in one group, half a dozen of the team heard footsteps as though someone had just ran past us. None of the team were running and there was nobody else within site in the cemetry though the footsteps were right beside us.

Sue got the name Elizabeth and said there was a gravestone here where she felt she needed to go. She only told this to Kris and told him the name. While Kris, Danny and Sue walked over to where Andie stood, Sue stopped and was pulled towards a head stone, the torch was not on at the time so she could not see the name on the headstone but she shouted to Kris to tell Andie what name she had come up with it and it was Elizabeth and sure enough on the stone there was the name Elizabeth. Sue also seemed to do the same thing a little while after with the name Thomas and she was drawn to a headstone near the church and sure enough it had the name Thomas.

Andie, Christine, Jay and Mike started to walk down one of the path ways to go further into the cemetery and at the same time, both Andie and Christine pointed out they could both see a white figure. They all walked further down the path and started to angle towards where the white figure had been seen.

Andie thought she now saw two dark figures and Christine said she could see one, seemingly moving amongst the gravestones - all NGI members were currently accounted for and none were in this area of the cemetry. We went to investigate the area but could see nothing else. Jay did claim to hear some unexplained noises and Mike also thought he saw something off to one side, but nothing concrete was found.

When Andie, Jay, Sue and Mike got back to the church, Andie took the night vision camera and went walking off into the cemetry all by herself. After a few minutes walking she thought she heard footsteps to the side of her near some big bushes but thought this could be leaves blowing as it was a windy night.

She carried on walking and again 2 minutes later the same sound as if the noise was right by her. She walked back over towards Kris, Danny and Sue and they all conducted a small vigil and Sue called out. Kris could hear noises behind him and so could Danny. Sue called out. We heard a few nosies but the nosies could be put down to the wind blowing and whistling. Andie also had the dictafone but nothing was caught apart from the same noises what the wind was making.

After a while, a couple of Stocktons local smackheads turned up and kinda put the frightners up a couple of people and we felt - if some of NGI were walking around the cemetry alone - that is was maybe time to move on.

We headed off to Thornaby to some woods where it is said that during WWII - when most of Thornaby was an airfield - a number of shot up aeroplanes that were coming into land, came up short and crashed into the woods. It is said that a number of airmen haunt the woods and the estates that went up when the airfield was abolished.

The Woods

We all entered into the woods, it was very dark and even equipped with torches we had to be very careful where we walked. We descended a set of mud and wooden steps into the darkness of the woods.

Although it was a windy night - down in this hollow we were protected from the gusts and the only sounds that could be heard was the trickle of a nearby beck and a few nesting birds that we disturbed - naturally, as we disturbed them, they disturbed us with their flapping which at times made numerous group members get a little nervous.

Pam Picked up on a small boy who had been in the woods and drowned from falling into a small lake or river nearby.

Also she come up with Witchcraft, or people who believed they were witches, she also said these people would practice the black arts and actually scarifice cats and pin them to the trees.

Near to a opening in the trees where Pam claimed she could pick up on the witchcraft - initially Jay and then one by one others, picked up on a sound. Listening hard and ignoring the trickle of the nearby beck, a whispering could be heard.

As more and more people tuned their ears to the sound, it was said that this whispering was chant-like and seemed to coming from all around us. Others couldn't hear the actual whispering, but could certainly make out a heavy breathing sound coming from the darkness and the tress.

Eventually, due to the muddy conditions and some people begining to sink - we headed off out of the woods and ended the nights fun and games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:43 am 
Stone Thrower

well apart from all the clarts i totally enjoyed lastnite :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:58 am 
Elite Investigator

I enjoyed it too. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:08 pm 
Someone We Know

Glad you all enjoyed last night! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:26 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm just gutted I couldn' tfind the little bit in the woods where I wanted to tak everyone ... everywhere looks damn different in the dark!

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:20 pm 
Stone Thrower

aye true :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:25 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

yea i enjoyed it for the time that i was there i must admit i was a bit scraed at first when i herd them steps next to me and mike lol i felt so daft i grabbed mike cause i got scared im a big baby yea no.

andrea how is ya leg after ya walkies lol bet its still bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:59 pm 
Stone Thrower

PMSL DANNY -- u got wot and done wot ??? lol "scared" and grabbed Mike lol crazy! :wink:

awww bless ya -- hey cant of been as scarey as those vaults esp where u stood! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:34 am 
Elite Investigator

danny wrote:
yea i enjoyed it for the time that i was there i must admit i was a bit scraed at first when i herd them steps next to me and mike lol i felt so daft i grabbed mike cause i got scared im a big baby yea no.

andrea how is ya leg after ya walkies lol bet its still bad

HAHAHAHA my arm is still hurting, you're a strong lad Danny. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:28 am 
Someone We Know

Sounds like you all had a ball good for you. Its great when you have a good laugh as well. Poor Danny eh lol bless

medium x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:48 am 
Stone Thrower

lol aye the lads in this team just big softies :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:25 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Danny ive got a nasty cut :shock: lol
Well when me, Kris, danny and sue did our small vigil we kinda all heard the same thing which was weird, but bear in mind it was very windy! Id like to go back sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:40 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

yea lol u screaming i went over the footage its really funny

hahahahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:44 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

hey i really hurt meself! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:38 pm 
Stone Thrower