It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:25 am

Post subject: Coventry Poltergeist
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am 
The Ferryman

Now you're all probably aware of the Coventry Poltergeist story and video footage. If not, here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KX_gyLk ... re=related

As you can imagine it has generated all the usual cries of 'FAKE!' (which it may very well be).
People citing that the fact you can't see the base of the chair means it is obvious that it is being pulled along by string or wire.

Are we then to believe that if we could indeed see all of the chair in the frame then this would be classed as genuine? Of course not. People would still say it is being pulled along by a piece of string of wire.

So what can we deduce from this? That photos and films are never going to provide evidence of this kind of thing and that far too many people are quick to make snap judgements on things they no nothing about. Ho hum.

Post subject: Re: Coventry Poltergeist
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm 
The Ferryman

I've always said, the most hardened of debunker would change their stance in a jiffy when he or she experienced something themselves. Nobody elses proof or evidence will ever be enough for some people who don't directly experience the event. That probably includes many not-so-debunkers, too .. I'm not dismissive about the coventry case, far from it - but its also not making me jump up and down shouting "SEE!! SEE!!" - but maybe I would be if it was MY bedroom and MY chair and MY Video fotage and I KNEW there was no string pulling it and would get raggy if people were shouting "HOAX!"

Its like being the other way round - you get accused of a crime or accused of doing something which you know just isn't true .. your innocent .. completely innocent (and you actually are) - yet everyone is pointing the finger at you shouting "String 'im up!!" .. Yet you ARE innocent. All the evidence in the world could say you "did it" .. you got caught with a knife in your hand, covered in the victims blood after being overheard in a pub saying "I'll knife ya ya bastard" .. yet if you didn't kill the guy, you didn't kill him despite what the evidence shows. Would drive me mental if anything to that extent happened to me and even does on a small scale when it happens in everyday life ..

Even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth - as Ghandi is alledged to have said once .. theres no way I or anyone else could state the chair is on a string or not .. I wasn't there and never experienced it. The only people who know are those who's house it is.

If its not on a string (and a genuine polt case) - then its so far outside the realms of what people experience on a normal day to day basis, people just can't grasp the implications and so quickly shout hoax or try to hang their hat on some explanation or other (without evidence, it must be said .. )

Who knows? I don't and truthfully, I don't really care. I'll never know whether it was on a string or was genuine, so theres no real point me spending brain power on it .. but if it WAS my bedroom, chair, house, video and I knew it wasn't on a string - then that would be different.

Post subject: Re: Coventry Poltergeist
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm 
The Ferryman

Which is why doing the things that NGI does (and other groups) is far better suited to people out to get the evidence they want for themselves, rather than to try and prove what they find to everyone else.