It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Post subject: Most Haunted's Kreed Kafer Outcry Revelation
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:15 pm 
The Ferryman

Living TV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:14 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

hi all i always thought he was just play acting.saw him live once and he was great ,better than on most haunted.soz to hear hes a fake. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:34 pm 
Stone Thrower

aww guys he's not fake -- all the years of mediumship -- surely he would have slipped up by now lol ------ everyone makes mistakes, he just humam after all.............anyway he was being took over at the time (so the above says) and yeah i beilve the spirit gave him that name to give off. look at all the good true info over the years, and many years too.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:34 pm 
The Ferryman

At the end of the day Deggsy and many other celebrity mediums are showmen .. Its more about style than actual substance ..

Now that isn't saying its all rubbish what they say or do .. but I think Deggsy gets wrapped up in the showbusiness of it all .. and if he can find a way to be seen in a better light, he'll take it like in this example .. yeah, he's been caught out .. but there are few people who wouldn't have took the opportunity and used the name .. its human nature to be accepted ..

As for overall - speaking as someone who will only buy into this once he expericnes it himself - i can accept that mediums can make mistakes .. we only have to see on forums such as this how intent and meaning can get lost in translation - so imagine the problems when going cross-dimensional .. but, that doesn't mean that even with the most renowned in the world, they don't do things like Deggsy got caught doing here or even cold reading ..

Its human nature .. sadly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:45 pm 
Elite Investigator

He is not a medium, I think that is obvious though......isn't it? :shock:

He isn't even a good showman, he gets on my bloody nerves and the sooner he gets off TV and stays off the better.

Last edited by Mike on Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm 
The Ferryman

Well, he'd have had to have done something before appearing on TV ,, You don't just declare yourself a medium one day (genuine or not) and get on TV the next ..

He's built up a reputation over the years, firstly doing one on one readings and then doing small gigs before doing to large audiences. If people who'd sat down with him doing one on ones figured he was full of crap all those years ago, he'd have never have gotten anywhere - so there must have been something there for people .. just a shame he's dressed it up with all the crap since then ..

At then end of the day - we either believe that mediums talk to spirits or we don't believe it. I'm not one to rule anything out ... I think theres another answer to it myself ... but just because I think something doesn't mean its true and so I'll give people like Deggsy (showmanship and all) the benefit of the doubt .. even if thats only 1%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:19 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

iyep i guess there must be some kind of mediumship there ,think it has all got lost along the way some where.GOT TO PUT A SHOW ON FOR THE FOLK AT HOME lol. :lol: if you no what i mean. :?:

Post subject: There is no true Psychic Medium more recognized and respecte
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 pm 
Stone Thrower

There is no true Psychic Medium more recognized and respected internationa
By International Society for Paranormal Research (ISPR)
Derek Acorah's family discovered his enhanced abilities of clairaudience at the tender age of six, after Acorah relayed a message to his Grandmother from his Grandfather, a man who died five years before Acorah's birth. But Acorah's first passion as he grew older was soccer. By the age of 13, he was training with legendary Liverpool manager, Bill Shankly and was signed as a professional at 15. After he married and fathered two children, Acorah continued his professional soccer career in Australia, where he played for four years. A knee injury cut his career short and homesickness brought Acorah back to Liverpool, England.

Acorah's enhanced Psi abilities were always with him, therefore on his return to England in the early 1980s, he became a professional, full time spirit medium, based at his home city of Liverpool. Since that time, his amazingly accurate work as a professional clairvoyant in cases for both the private sector and police agencies (criminal cases), has propelled him into more public ventures. In recent years, Acorah achieved international success with his television, radio and personal appearances across Europe, the Middle East and the U.S. By invitation in October 1997, Acorah participated in a Middle East tour that took him to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the desert location of Al Ain. His time is sought after by celebrities on different continents. He has undertaken phone consultations for those in need as far away from Liverpool as India, Australia, New Zealand and the United States. Acorah became a member of the ISPR in December 1998.

Acorah's groundbreaking work on the two television series, Predictions with Derek Acorah and Psychic Livetime, won him the British equivalent of the American Daytime Emmy Award. His first book The Psychic World of Derek Acorah, entered its 4th printing within 3 months of its initial September 1999 release. In March 1999, Acorah participated in the ISPR field investigations featured in the two award winning documentaries, ISPR Investigates Ghosts of England (Telly Award - 1999) and ISPR Investigates Ghosts of Belgrave Hall (Best Horror Documentary Award - 2002 Screamfest L.A. Film Festival / Hollywood). Both documentaries are distributed around the world in several languages and are utilized as a teaching tool in universities like UCLA and USC.

During the filming of ISPR Investigates Ghosts of England, the entire ISPR team was moved at the plight of Mr. Nicholas Geary, a recently bereaved Liverpool man. The team was even more moved when teammate Acorah decided to conduct a live stage performance with all proceeds going to Mr. Geary. The May 9, 1999 event was a resounding success.

In July 2001, Acorah shot the pilot of Most Haunted (LivingTV) - and now stars on this number one smash European hit.

Acorah resides with his wife Gwen, a German Shepherd and four cats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

it is a shame that all these allegations are coming out ,because i really liked him ,once upon a time. :cry:

Post subject: Mediums
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:08 am 
Someone We Know

Well smack my face with a wet kipper and call me sweaty fish face...

I've been around and involved with mediums for over twenty years now. I have still yet to see anyone with credible evidence to prove or even hint anything within the direction of "Spirits" or "Ghosts". Even the things that I've experienced I have put down to too many late nights and not enough sleep.

I believe that there is some sort of psychic ability on behalf of the so called medium, but I don't believe that that ability puts them in touch with the dead. What I do believe is basically what Mr Acorah said himself, they pick up things from their surroundings and use it at the expense of the people around them. I will even agree to say that this ability could pick up on thought waves from the people around them. After all, the brain is a remarkable object. And if I'm correct about the show... there is always a site researcher near the team.

It always seems to be a bit cloak and dagger when I watch the show. Very dark, very mysterious and always a place with well recorded history. I suppose you could say it's all for TV effect.

What's with all the lights being off? Why always at night? and the biggest question of all... video and photographic evidence. Why isn't it just plain and simple? Why are they all "unexplained phenomena"? Why isn't it ever just a plain image? And how come you always end up losing a sock in the washing machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:10 pm 
The Ferryman

Hey - that must be some kind of record jestor - the longest period between registering on forum before making your first post - woohoo!!

But to get to your post - I agree with you 99% of the way. Most Haunted probably is over exaggerated, fake and such - at the end of the day, they are making a show to entertain - wouldn't be very watchable if Degsy walked in each location and said 'get nothing' .. 'get nothing .. 'nope .. bugger all' ....

Yes, I tend to think they are picking things up in other ways as opposed to talking to the dead - although i'm maybe not 100% against this idea as what you seem to be.

There is certainly something going on with mediums and in haunted locations - i've experienced enough in my time doing this to convince me of that ....

... it's just 'what'?

BTW ... Heard you gonna be Pro-Evo(ing) it .. bring it on!!!!

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:40 pm 
Someone We Know

Like the Avatar Jay... The Mrs needs a little make-up though :P

I'm not 100 percent against the idea of spirits and ghost and what not. I believe that there is something also, and as you said "what". I'm just against the idea of these "Mediums" having an ability to "talk" with the dead.

As you know Jay, I've been closely involved over the years (not in a working sense)with mediums, and all i've seen are people with an overactive imagination. I'm also not saying that these people are making it up. Not all anyway. There are some genuine people that believe they can hear things that we mortal men can't. And as I mentioned before, telepathy is an area that would and could explain a few things about Mediums. We have all experienced it to an extent within ourselves. One example I could use is hearing the telephone ring and knowing who it is before you pick up the reciever, even people you haven't heard from in ages. A little off the track I know, but it's in part an idea of what could be going on.

I did a test with a friend of mine a few years ago using the Zenner card system upon paper. He would visualise a card as he wrote it down and I would "guess" what it was as I wrote it down. There were 5 in a row to guess. I got it right. Twice. Am i psychic? or just plain lucky? What are the odds on that Jay? 5 x 5 x 5... (if my maths is correct). My point is. We all have some sort of psychic ability. Some recognise it and use it. Others shrug it off as being lucky. Derek Acora in my opinion is psychic... I just don't believe he can contact the dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:52 pm 
The Ferryman

It is funny when I hear that from you - what with your mam being a medium and such. As you said, you've grown up with it, yet still dismiss it as not talking with the dead .. Still, never really heard your mams views about it anyway ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:53 pm 
The Ferryman

lol .. and I mentioned the "your lass" comment to our lass and even though I agree with you, she said she's going to kill you the next time she see's ya!!!

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:16 am 
Part-Time Investigator

can i be referee :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:39 am 
Scaredy Cat

I saw that programme and my first thought was, what a ham!I have to give him credit for recovering so quickly when confronted with what he said.As for Ciaran O'Keefe,what is the point of him? Week after week he comes up with plausible explanations,and others that are just plain laughable,such as traffic vibrations being responsible for objects moving and causing *ghostly* noises whilst they are deep underground and insulated from such interference,especially the episode in the prison in London.perhaps somebody would be kind enough to correct me if I've got things wrong.To close,why is he still with the programme after he slagged it off in a newspaper article? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 am 
The Ferryman

I think total sceptics can be just as bad as total believers at times - if not worse.

When people have a belief system to defend then they will come up with the most ridiculous of reasons and claims to back up that belief system regardless of whatever evidence is put in front of them to suggest otherwise.

As for why he's still there - who knows? As people always say - all publiciy is good publicity even the bad stuff - so maybe it was part of the plan??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:42 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Thanks for that Jay,that hadn't occurred to me.