It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Post subject: Skeptic to Psychic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:28 pm 
Someone Strange

Thought that you may be interested in this from the magical worlds I frequent...

"From Sceptic to Psychic? Can a scientist become a psychic and win a million dollars? Dr. Matthew Smith left behind the safety of academic life last week to pursue a unique and rather ambitious project. After more than fifteen years of researching ‘paranormal’ experiences from a scientific perspective, Matthew will set aside his scepticism to see if he can discover and develop his own hidden psychic abilities. In a year-long project, he will work with some of the world’s leading mediums and psychics to discover if he has any hidden psychic talents. Leading parapsychologists will monitor his progress by subjecting him to scientific tests along the way. At the end of the year he will take the million dollar challenge offered by American magician and sceptic James Randi for anyone who can demonstrate genuine paranormal abilities. ‘This challenge takes me outside of academia, and out of my comfort zone, to explore these topics from a very different perspective.’ Said Matthew. Matthew is writing about his experience for a book, Million Dollar Psychic, to be published next year.

Matthew’s first challenge will be today, Saturday 3rd October, when he will be giving readings at a psychic fair in Witney, Oxfordshire. ‘They will be readings based on tarot, and maybe a little cold reading!’, explained Matthew, ‘I’m keen to find out how good my readings are before I’ve even started any psychic development.’ Matthew will give readings for free and ask his clients to compare his with those they get from other readers at the fair. Saturday 3rd October: Psychic Fair, Langdale Hall, Market Square, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX8 6AB"

Post subject: Re: Skeptic to Psychic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 am 
Underworld Minion

Good for him!

I suspect he'll be a rich man at the end of it!
(not from Randi though,more from his book sales hehehe!)

Although Randis getting on,and people are pretty bored with his 'challenge' now,so maybe Matthew will be the 'one'...............????

Post subject: Re: Skeptic to Psychic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:46 am 
Someone Strange

I'm sure James mentioned last Feb that he may be wrapping the challenge. May have misheard him but would bet at least 20p that I was right.

Yep, there will be far more to this than just a straight experiment. Damn! Why didn't I do it first!!!