It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
hehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehhe!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuckin ace Mark hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any chance of a 'test tube thru the heart' too hehehehehehehehhe!
No probs if not,Jay, feel free to do the honours hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
I tried to do a test tube first, but as it is made of glass it looked a bit odd as it would be pretty tricky to make it transparent so you could see the body through it.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
ah right!No probs, thats funny as fuck hehehehehehehhe!
Unless u do a test tube full of some coloured 'potion' hehehehehehe!

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Well in response to Pollen getting banned for trolling.

Quote:

Obviously a new way of encouraging view points from all walks!

Someone wont convert to the church of bad Psychics then they get banned.

And some of you wondered why I called you what I did!

Jon delete my profile, I can get better "discussion" telling racist jokes on the UAF forums!



These "uber intelligent" science nazis (theres another one for you guys) dont even have the aptitude to read threads on their own forums and work out who said what against whom.

And they wonder why I called them Cunts....Its because they have lost the ability to listen and consider what people are saying, they dub you a beleiver and then threaten to destroy your reputation by posting shit on their website.

Bully and threaten to destroy reputations is obviously the higher intelligence way of trying to win an argument. Pad psychics.....steam rollering discussion since......well who cares?

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:36 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Anth wrote:
Bully and threaten to destroy reputations is obviously the higher intelligence way of trying to win an argument. Pad psychics.....steam rollering discussion since......well who cares?


Welcome to the World. Please find your instruction booklet in the flap in front of your seat. Please read this carefully as it states implicitly on how you should think and what you should beleive.

Please note the armed soldier (he's the one dressed as a SS officer) wating at the end of your line. He carries a taser gun, a semi-automatic pistol and a twatting stick. He's there for your "protection". Please inform him of any who speak against the Book. He will "educate" them on your behalf and introduce them to Psychological Fascism.

Again, welcome to World. And remember ..

.. Everything is OK!

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
hehehehehe its fuckin chaos over there hehehehehehe!
Bobdezan is replying to Anth when actually its my post hes replying to hehehehehe, Mikes talking complete and utter shite as usual and is 'quoting' Bobdezan and calling him a pratt thinking its me hehehehe.....and someones just posted on there 'correcting' some of their poncey long worded technical posts hehehehehehehe!!!

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
They still havent deleted my account.
Just popped back and dragged my shitty stick over the bars of the cage again.

seems to me that they think they are of superior intellect. Reminds of of those kids who do the roleplaying games etc.
Its a shame though, Jon was onto a really good thing when BP was setup, its been ruined by the attitude of others on there.

Its such a shame that they cant accept that giving consideration to both sides is right and that taking the piss out of the paranormal is just wrong and makes them look intolerant.
the whole place has shown its incredible lack of tolerance towards anything they deem as unacceptable.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Anth wrote:
Reminds of of those kids who do the roleplaying games etc.


Hey, I use to do roleplaying in my youth! :shock:

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
seems every fuckin person who is into this is also into the paranormal/investigating/ghost hunting Mark

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
doktor_phibes wrote:
Anth wrote:
Reminds of of those kids who do the roleplaying games etc.


Hey, I use to d roleplaying in my youth! :shock:


what where you have to bow to the king and talk in medievil style?

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Yeh, and I'm not going to say what I had to do to the Orcs :shock:

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
'had'.............hmmmmmmmmmmm

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Holy shit, I played Spacehulk and stuff but never went as far as trying to live another life. That was reserved for making a tit of myself in drama at school....if I didnt refuse to do anything.

I was going to accuse "them" of lacking normal social skills......perhaps I shouldnt now. :shock:

So how did you grow up to be seemingly normal then Dok? :mrgreen:

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Seemingly normal... ME?

I never did any 'Live' Roleplaying shit, it was still sat round a table. Bloody good fun at the time too.

Please don't let me get in the way of slagging off certain people Anth. I couldn't live with myself if I thought that.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 am 
Offline
Scaredy Cat

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 pm
Posts: 15
Jay wrote:
Now I am assuming you are promoting the use of the scientific method in this example? Well, you're not using it.


No, I wasn't promoting the use of the scientific method here. As I said during the recording I wouldn't consider the methods I have used on any paranormal investigation to have been scientific. Hence why we discussed whether any investigation into spontaneous phenomena carried out by 'amateur' groups can be considered scientific.

Instead, I have built any 'private investigations' I have conducted around the principle of both Hume's suggestion that 'no testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle unless that testimony be of such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavours to establish' and good old Occam's Razor - entitites should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

In other words, Occam's Razor indicates the explanation that invokes the fewest assumptions TENDS to be correct. It isn't failsafe but it is a worthwhile concept and it seems one that most true believers just do not seem to understand. When a box moves around a floor on eight occasions and seven of these are shown to coincide with heavy goods vehicles passing by (the first occasion was during my initial observation), you have a strong contender, especially as the box did not move at any other time. No other HGVs passed except on those seven occasions.

Also consider how you present such evidence to a client. Do you say 'I have proven scientifically that HGVs were the cause of the moving box'? No. Instead, I can say that over a period of time movement of the box on seven occasions has coincided with the passing of seven HGVs. No other HGVs passed during that time.

Therefore it is entirely different to suggesting Aunt Mable did it. It's a suggestion that has no sound philosophical foundation and is nothing more than an argument from ignorance.

Anth wrote:
These "uber intelligent" science nazis (theres another one for you guys) dont even have the aptitude to read threads on their own forums and work out who said what against whom.

And they wonder why I called them Cunts....Its because they have lost the ability to listen and consider what people are saying, they dub you a beleiver and then threaten to destroy your reputation by posting shit on their website.

Bully and threaten to destroy reputations is obviously the higher intelligence way of trying to win an argument. Pad psychics.....steam rollering discussion since......well who cares?


In the defence of everyone on that discussion thread it was not exactly easy to follow given that use of the quote function seemed beyond some people! :lol:

Anth, for all of your comments you have indicated repeatedly on this thread that you do not understand either skepticism or the scientific method. Why collect data if you have no idea what you are doing with it? You may record out of place EMFs but what are you then going to do with that info? How do you link it to paranormal activity? I suggest you read up on Karl Popper and the principle of falsifiability as it forms a cornerstone of modern science.

Let's be honest here. Claire and Jay made comments during the interview that were in the public domain. As a podcast we seek to 'critically examine extraordinary claims [and] ideas' and so paranormal investigations are one of these. Questioning these ideas is not tantamount to bullying. These ideas are fair game because they are in the public domain, unethical at times and amount to no more than pseudoscience.

Uber intelligent? As far as I am aware nobody over at BP is claiming to be super intelligent. Skepticism and the scientific method require the ability to understand the importance of empiricism, reason and rationality.

Science nazis? Reduction ad Hitlerum. You seem to be having trouble in a debate so you result to making comparsions to Nazis. It's a specialised form of the ad hominem fallacy.

Reputation destroying??? You are being ironic?

I am sure you will get a mention on next Monday's show.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
helloooooooo Trystan!!!!!!!

easy as fuck to follow,except for blind or colour blind people!

I do the same process on here and other forums,which everyone else seems to understand perfectly!

some 'people'.....so its not just me then....interesting!Maybe something that needs addressing....?????hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Trystan wrote:
Jay wrote:
Now I am assuming you are promoting the use of the scientific method in this example? Well, you're not using it.


No, I wasn't promoting the use of the scientific method here. As I said during the recording I wouldn't consider the methods I have used on any paranormal investigation to have been scientific. Hence why we discussed whether any investigation into spontaneous phenomena carried out by 'amateur' groups can be considered scientific.

Instead, I have built any 'private investigations' I have conducted around the principle of both Hume's suggestion that 'no testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle unless that testimony be of such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavours to establish' and good old Occam's Razor - entitites should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

In other words, Occam's Razor indicates the explanation that invokes the fewest assumptions TENDS to be correct. It isn't failsafe but it is a worthwhile concept and it seems one that most true believers just do not seem to understand. When a box moves around a floor on eight occasions and seven of these are shown to coincide with heavy goods vehicles passing by (the first occasion was during my initial observation), you have a strong contender, especially as the box did not move at any other time. No other HGVs passed except on those seven occasions.

Also consider how you present such evidence to a client. Do you say 'I have proven scientifically that HGVs were the cause of the moving box'? No. Instead, I can say that over a period of time movement of the box on seven occasions has coincided with the passing of seven HGVs. No other HGVs passed during that time.

Therefore it is entirely different to suggesting Aunt Mable did it. It's a suggestion that has no sound philosophical foundation and is nothing more than an argument from ignorance.

Anth wrote:
These "uber intelligent" science nazis (theres another one for you guys) dont even have the aptitude to read threads on their own forums and work out who said what against whom.

And they wonder why I called them Cunts....Its because they have lost the ability to listen and consider what people are saying, they dub you a beleiver and then threaten to destroy your reputation by posting shit on their website.

Bully and threaten to destroy reputations is obviously the higher intelligence way of trying to win an argument. Pad psychics.....steam rollering discussion since......well who cares?


In the defence of everyone on that discussion thread it was not exactly easy to follow given that use of the quote function seemed beyond some people! :lol:

Anth, for all of your comments you have indicated repeatedly on this thread that you do not understand either skepticism or the scientific method. Why collect data if you have no idea what you are doing with it? You may record out of place EMFs but what are you then going to do with that info? How do you link it to paranormal activity? I suggest you read up on Karl Popper and the principle of falsifiability as it forms a cornerstone of modern science.

Let's be honest here. Claire and Jay made comments during the interview that were in the public domain. As a podcast we seek to 'critically examine extraordinary claims [and] ideas' and so paranormal investigations are one of these. Questioning these ideas is not tantamount to bullying. These ideas are fair game because they are in the public domain, unethical at times and amount to no more than pseudoscience.

Uber intelligent? As far as I am aware nobody over at BP is claiming to be super intelligent. Skepticism and the scientific method require the ability to understand the importance of empiricism, reason and rationality.

Science nazis? Reduction ad Hitlerum. You seem to be having trouble in a debate so you result to making comparsions to Nazis. It's a specialised form of the ad hominem fallacy.

Reputation destroying??? You are being ironic?

I am sure you will get a mention on next Monday's show.



You really dont understand why I made the Nazi reference do you? It wasnt because I was trying to debate, I am and will continue to take the piss. The reference to nazism was the apparent way that BP and its rulers and minions ban all other allegiance and demand total belief in science. how they are intollerant of others beliefs (and consider themselves superior in my oppinion)

Science does not demand those things trystan, Yes in some areas these skills are beneficial, but they are not a necessity.
Rational thought is OK in rational situations, but one mans rational is not anothers. (hope you understand what I mean by that).
Science means you can perform repeated experiements and draw conclusions, science does not demand that those conclusions be correct! theres the part that you guys often miss in science, I used to be the same myself, I thought science had ALL the answers. But I came to realise that theres a much better area of science studying the things that many mainstream scientists wont touch. This is where they speculate on things such as wormholes, the existance of blackholes (remember that 20 or 30 years ago they didnt know they actually existed) and anti matter etc. These are some of the same guys who wanted to know what existed at the time of the big bang, they ended up building a the Large Hadron collider. We dont know what to expect, we know what we think might happen, we know there will be plenty of energy. But beyond that we dont know. So they are working on something that they dont know the answer too. Thats Science. Thats furthering understanding.
Yes I know Science will eventually understand and explain the current unexplainable, but its what science cannot currently explain that interests me.
Yes there are theories, theres also the "whats more likely approach" but we really are only checking, double checking and gathering data.
Your explanation of the HGV and the movement of the box is one angle, yet some would argue that its not conclusive proof. Unless you can totally eliminate the "what if" then there will always be doubters.

I ask how you can possibly gather data to try and prove something you dont know you can prove?

If NGI for example were to gather conclusive evidence that ghosts dont exist, they have performed and will expectantly split up. If they prove ghosts do exist, they have performed and may stay together and study further. Either way, the winner is science! And thats the point I have been getting at all along. because YOU dont understand that I neither beleive nor disbeleive and am investigating for myself and considering both sides, you start to criticise me. I ask again who sees the whole picture? who considers ALL issues, ALL theories. And is prepared to listen to both sides.
My rantings about BP and to some extent RI are personal, its things I dont personally like. But rather reluctantly I admit that on the scale of things Scientifically you guys are infact infinately more likely to be right.

Note: it annoys me that I have to say that because I personally take exception to the way you all deal with things. However I realise now that I do the same with things I think are trivial and stupid. In fact I have done it to someone on here recently.

As for getting a mention on RI on Monday, I might do, however I can live with it or without it. I may even listen in, remember I did say i enjoyed the show. I just got pissed at you (personally) because I felt you were attacking people I have respect for. I dont necesarily follow their belief in things, and i dont think they follow mine, but I can still respect them. And its that word, respect, that I find sadly lacking on BP.

This whole issue has gotten silly and yes I started it with the cunts comment. But as its been repeated on BP, theres little point in me retracting it.
I cant be bothered arguing in silly little spats, we personally disagree, but It doesnt mean either of us are right or wrong. I say consider all, you say consider only science.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Pollen : You are now classed as an "idiot" .. who has "below average level intelligence" ..

Good to see old fashioned arrogance is alive and well in the world and especially on forums full of " .. we don't class ourselves as intellectual superiors.." people!

Ha! They are just blind to what they are spewing out .. <sigh>

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Jay wrote:
Pollen : You are now classed as an "idiot" .. who has "below average level intelligence" ..


First accurate thing they've said if you ask me! :wink:

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
I'm glad you said that first!

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:03 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
yeh, but admit it, you were thinking it too.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:03 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Why do you think I brought it up?? :mrgreen:

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: NGI on Righteous Indignation Podcast
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am 
Offline
Underworld Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 9324
Thats just charming that is................

_________________
Why is it I smell shit everytime you speak.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC [ DST ]