It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Post subject: A Miners Tale
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

On the 9th September 2006, Northern Ghost Investgiations visited the Cleveland Ironstone Mine in Skinnergrove near to Saltburn.

We had a little emrgencey on the way - the peoples carrier Sue was driving blew one its tires and so 6 people were left in the middle of nowhere until we could mount a rescue mission.

Why not just change the tire, you may ask. Indeed. Sadly, a few days earlier Sues spare tire had gone bye-bye also and so she just had to dump the car and waited for a pick up. So thanks to Andrea and Danny for running around and picking people up and then dropping them off at the end of the investigation.

When we arrived at the mine - we were joined by a few of the museum staff and a few members of <a href="http://www.abbeyghosthunters.co.uk/aghhome.htm" target = "_blank">Abbey Ghost Hunters</a> who often come to the mine for investigations - so thanks to Joan and her helpers from the mine (especially for feeding us!!) and to Angie, Mark and Alex from Abbey for filling us in on a few of their experiences.

We seem to think the mine itself was quite active. The only area that we investigated that appeared quiet was the Ventilation Shaft but the other 3 locations had more than their fair share of activity - in particular, the North Drift (the actual mine).

So why not head over to the investigations section to read the report and then head over to the forums to comment on it - we'd love to hear from you!