It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Post subject: Ouija issues
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 pm 
The Ferryman

If you were participating in a ouija session and you suspected that an individual was responsible for pushing the glass/planchette, how would you deal with the situation?

Post subject: Re: Ouija issues
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm 
Breezy Draft

First of all, I take my hand of the Ouija, then direct questions at it, to see if I can work out whether it is coming from the person. Then look for slip ups such as using really modern words, when supposingly its a 1800's ghost communicating, or repeating something that person has already said that night.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Slap em across the face with the back of my hand.

They wont do it again when I'm around and it'll discourage the other jokers that might be there. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:35 pm 
The Ferryman

Bekki - So an 1800's ghost wouldn't know any modern words in your opinion?

Anth - So you would assume that the person was pushing the glass/planchette 'on purpose' then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 pm 
Breezy Draft

doktor_phibes wrote:
Bekki - So an 1800's ghost wouldn't know any modern words in your opinion?

Anth - So you would assume that the person was pushing the glass/planchette 'on purpose' then?

Im not saying they wouldn't definately know modern words, But if say henry eigth turned up calling you a chava, and saying he liked your bling, you'd smell a rat.

I know its possible to push the glass subconciously, As I have noticed, Ouija boards seem to move more effectively for those with current or past issues, and can be quite personal, thats not saying they know they are moving it. (Sorry Im anaswering the question for Anth now)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 pm 
The Ferryman

If Henry VIII turned up calling ME I chav I'd say he would need his eyes testing (your majesty).

If spirits of the dead are a reality could they not develop in the afterlife and keep up to date with modern terms don't you think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:41 pm 
Breezy Draft

Given the fact that not very many people actually have conversation with ghosts, they may develop a basic understanding of the modern world, but thats more than likley to confuse them. (i.e seeing an ipod, when the only way of creating music before they died was playing thier armpits, etc)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Yes I would assume it was being done deliberatly.

I know from the glass divination that I have done, the ability to push a glass is sometimes hampered by the way the glass moves over a surface.

Plus you can feel if the glass is being pushed sometimes.

So if I suspected someone of pushing it, I would make sure they were under no illusion as to how I felt about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 am 
Underworld Minion

hmmm.........what would you do then Anth?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm 
A Stiff

doktor_phibes wrote:
If Henry VIII turned up calling ME I chav I'd say he would need his eyes testing (your majesty).

If spirits of the dead are a reality could they not develop in the afterlife and keep up to date with modern terms don't you think?

The conciousness learns as it evolves and it evolves as it learns,progression onto the higher spiritual plains means that there is less and less of a need for contact with the earth plane as time progresses as the differences in vibration and the connections to the lower levels of conciousness become less and less important.Unless you choose to stay or are bound at the lower levels that is. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
hmmm.........what would you do then Anth?

Anth wrote:
Slap em across the face with the back of my hand.

They wont do it again when I'm around and it'll discourage the other jokers that might be there. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm 
Underworld Minion

higher......lower.....levels......u been talking to bloody Jay Wayne hehehehe?!

Makes sense once stripped of the ponciness herarchial shite, get u then!

Anth - how many people u really slapped 4 doing this?
And how can u prove for def?
I know most of the time its obvious but I've also seen people pushing it and being completely unaware they are doing it and denying and yet still doing it....bit unfair to punch them alas hehehehehe.....and also people with white fingers who a;ppear to be obviously as fuck pushing it but then they stop and it continues to spell out coherent stuff apparently in exactly the same way as it was when that person was on it and saying stuff only they could know..........yet they aint doing it no more.
I know how this can be done and achieved yet the 2 or 3 specific times I'm on about I'm pretty sure that the people involved were not deliberatly using these methods and also those others involved have been present many times when its never moved before etc........
Digressing tho but me point is whilst it might b fun to say this and do it you might not only get a slap back but also u might slap someone who is not aware they are doing it or isnt actually doing what u think they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:14 pm 
The Ferryman

That's the problem I've experienced in the past.

I known that one person was responsible for moving the planchette. When I asked that person to remove their finger from it the planchette immediately stopped. When the person rejoined the session the planchette started to move again. (This has actually happened with a few individuals).

There are a number of reasons for this:
• The person could be deliberately pushing it
• The person my be not aware that they are pushing it
• It there really is a spirit present then it could be using that individual to communicate.

In the cases that I have witnessed someone 'pushing' the planchette I would be more inclined to say that it was one of the first 2 points as the skin under their finger nails wad giving them away and 'white finger' was apparent.

After saying that I have been involved one Ouija session where I am convinced there was no foul play involved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

doktor_phibes wrote:
That's the problem I've experienced in the past.

I known that one person was responsible for moving the planchette. When I asked that person to remove their finger from it the planchette immediately stopped. When the person rejoined the session the planchette started to move again. (This has actually happened with a few individuals).

There are a number of reasons for this:
• The person could be deliberately pushing it
• The person my be not aware that they are pushing it
• It there really is a spirit present then it could be using that individual to communicate.

In the cases that I have witnessed someone 'pushing' the planchette I would be more inclined to say that it was one of the first 2 points as the skin under their finger nails wad giving them away and 'white finger' was apparent.

After saying that I have been involved one Ouija session where I am convinced there was no foul play involved.

Its too easy to get taken in by it.

I approach it as a necessary evil, I dont see why a ghost would take the time to use any energy it had to push a glass or whatever around a table spelling out words.
It would be easier to communicate in other ways, more efficient too I would imagine.

99% of the time with me I am stood watching, taking photos of peoples hands and the few times I get involved I have not experienced anything I would say was remotely mysterious, never mind paranormal.
I even challanged a poltergeist to a fight lmao.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:55 pm 
The Ferryman

While I agree it is very easy for people to get caught up in the whole ouija experience I do think that there are still reasons to think that they do work on some level. A ghost may not take time and effort to make a glass move by itself, but what about a group of people sat around a board (some of which may be psychic) who are all focusing on the glass 'willing it to move'. Psychokinesis is still a relevant area of study.

I waited for years for a planchette to move significantly for me and it has only happened once. I am not going to say that it was paranormal but at the same time it was certainly very different from all the other times I have seen boards appear to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:01 pm 
Underworld Minion

Lots of interesting things that can be done with ouijas the least of all is the way they are most usually used....rather the application of this!Another wasted area thats churned out in the same ways.........

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 pm 
The Ferryman

..... Well I'm looking forward to implementing your new Ouija ideas in future invos Claire. They sounded good when I eventually understood what you were on about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm 
Underworld Minion

excellent Mark!Glad you've got me!???????????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm 
The Ferryman

eventually after much pain and anguish :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:08 pm 
Underworld Minion

hehehehehehehe!I dunno, some people!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:48 am 
Someone Strange

Far too easy to rig consciously to be taken seriously, especially when the history of the things is taken into consideration. Also, on a global front I would have expected similar things to have been happening in more widely distributed areas and further back in history if they are as some would have us believe.

The unconscious movement of the item is far more intriguing as it opens up numerous questions as to how as well as why.
Perhaps worth experimenting where a group of you take part but one has secretly been told to try and create movement. Would the others or any observers correctly identify them? What if the person wasn't told to move anything but was led to believe others would be disappointed if something did not happen?

How do the believers (sorry, can't come up with a better generic term right now) amongst you interpret the difference between so called memory or recordings of ghosts against those which appear to communicate? Are you talking about the same thing or something very different? Why would some ghosts communicate and others not? What options do you believe ghosts have in order to communicate? Why via some people and not others?

I have ideas of my own but I genuinely would like to hear the views and ideas of those who 'believe'. Is it just rationalising experiences or something more than that? Sorry, too many questions. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 am 
A Stiff

I'm a believer i have had too many encounters with the spiritworld not to believe , but i do not trust the ouija board as a valid method of spirit contact,even though i have used this device many many times.
This device is far to open to manipulation by concious or unconcious means by those involved in it's use to be taken seriously,now if the planchette was to move by itself i would find that impressive alas ive seen too many ouija sessions that i have viewed as suspect to manipulation by those involved.

personally i would be happier going down the road of physical mediumship

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 am 
The Ferryman

Hangman wrote:
Perhaps worth experimenting where a group of you take part but one has secretly been told to try and create movement. Would the others or any observers correctly identify them? What if the person wasn't told to move anything but was led to believe others would be disappointed if something did not happen?

I like this idea. Will have to implement it in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:19 pm 
Underworld Minion

def worth doing but away from the invos!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:13 pm 
Someone Strange

I'm aware i'm like MONTHS behind in responding to this thread but i really don't like the things. Even if it was being used correctly etc.... who knows who you've contacted! I'd rather have a medium than a ouija board, for me using a ouija board is kinda like standing in the middle of Newcastle shouting "hello does anyone wanna talk to me", you'll more than likely get the village idiot, who probably doesn't know what day it is never mind his own name.

But that's my opinion. although i am interested in the experiment mentioned earlier, having someone told to push and see how the others react type thing. Don't think i'd ever bring myself to be involved, but i'd be interested in the outcome! :)