It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Post subject: Ouija vs Other Methods
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:27 am 
The Ferryman

Why do you think that ouija boards have much more of a stigma attached to them than other forms of divination such as pendulum dowsing, table tipping etc. After all they are just different forms of supposed spirit communication. On many a guest investigation that we've conducted there are usually a few who recoil at the very mention of the word ouija and then start asking questions about demonic possession.

Post subject: Re: Ouija vs Other Methods
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Para-investigations will not use a ouija board. its a group ruling set by the founders.

I have mixed feelings as in I respect that but I also think there little harm in using it.

Some say its like an open invitation party, you never know who will walk through the door. But surely when we say "is there any spirit that wishes to communicate with us?" we are doing exactly the same thing?

I know of people in my family that are "sensative" thar are scare shitless by their own ouija board experiences, but I really believe that the experience reflects your own belief.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:53 am 
The Ferryman

That's what I think. Why would a Ouija Board open the floodgates to any 'evil spirit' wishing to come through when another form of spirit communication wouldn't?

I do think that people who have any doubts about using a board should not go near them, not because of evil spirits, but because I think they could seriously freak themselves out and maybe even do some psychological damage. I've never had any success with them myself, but then again I haven't with any other forms of divination either.

What's the reason for Para-investigations not allowing ouija boards Anth?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 am 
Site Admin

doktor_phibes wrote:
That's what I think. Why would a Ouija Board open the floodgates to any 'evil spirit' wishing to come through when another form of spirit communication wouldn't?

I do think that people who have any doubts about using a board should not go near them, not because of evil spirits, but because I think they could seriously freak themselves out and maybe even do some psychological damage. I've never had any success with them myself, but then again I haven't with any other forms of divination either.

What's the reason for Para-investigations not allowing ouija boards Anth?

The possibility of causing more problems, plus as a generalisation many places simpy dont allow groups to use them. Our Medium Rob is dead set against them and so are many members of the team. It's just easier to not use them in those circumstances I guess.

Its just like the whole protection thing, I dont bother with any of that either, I dont want to be buffered from anything that might happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:34 am 
The Ferryman

It's interesting that mediums and places have also got things against using boards.

I don't really bother with the whole protection thing either unless I'm in a big group of people all doing it and think what the hell. I do think that certain people do need to do some form of protection just to reassure themselves, but I think as long as you have a good head on your shoulders and a positive attitude, I really can't see any protection ritual bolstering your psychic defences much. Maybe there's some mediums out there who will disagree.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 am 
Stone Thrower

Its just another form of communication -- however built up a bad name for itself due to the fact of being miss - used by young kids or ppl who dont know wot they are doing. perfectly safe if used correctly opening and closing correctly, not forgetting we now have to call them "talking boards" mmm wonder why :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

sue wrote:
Its just another form of communication -- however built up a bad name for itself due to the fact of being miss - used by young kids or ppl who dont know wot they are doing. perfectly safe if used correctly opening and closing correctly, not forgetting we now have to call them "talking boards" mmm wonder why :lol:

Well if it can be mis-used that implies it can work. As I have yet to see one working, does that mean I can sue the compnay that produces the "game" version of it?

Not fit for purpose springs to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm 
Underworld Minion

fire can burn water can drown wind can destroy and earth can suffocate but not to all of us all of the time hehehehehehehehehe!!!