It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 am

Post subject: Scrying
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:43 am 
Stone Thrower

Hi thought I'd mention scrying, as there are so many ways to do this, has anyone tried it? I know Pam did when the team was out in the RAFA place, although some of the team thought she was washing the mirrors down!!!! lol Also I think Debbie you mentioned something about it when we were out?

Yeah so you can use water, a mirror, and basicaly when people are "seeing the future" with a crystal ball, well this also is called scrying..............

I do have a crystal ball but Ive never used it! I think its just one of those things you want then never use lol -- see told ya's I think I was a gypsy in a past life! lol

No, but I do keep meaning to sit with it when the house is calm and quiet (not very often that is tho) lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:03 am 
Elite Investigator

Yeah I was doing it with Pam at the RAF club. The only thing I experienced was a trickle of cold water running down my back and no it wasn't paranormal, it was just Pam's mineral water.

She soaked me she did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:42 am 
Stone Thrower

pmsl -- yeah that night was so funny..............Anita was ill laughing at her, which made me leanne and paul ill laughing too.................eee ya nar :wink:
The thing is if she'd talked you through it explained what she was doing it wouldnt of been so mad! lol -- am so glad i was in another room, but saw it all through the bar :wink:

Has anyone tried the Scrying in the mirror? I know afew of ya had at the tontine, loking to see our guides / pastlifes etc...

Tell ya wot i done this at home and my face was covered in hairs i think i was more like a gorrilla -- then I lost it -- infact i think i panicked lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:57 pm 
sue wrote:
pmsl -- yeah that night was so funny..............Anita was ill laughing at her, which made me leanne and paul ill laughing too.................eee ya nar :wink:
The thing is if she'd talked you through it explained what she was doing it wouldnt of been so mad! lol -- am so glad i was in another room, but saw it all through the bar :wink:

Has anyone tried the Scrying in the mirror? I know afew of ya had at the tontine, loking to see our guides / pastlifes etc...

Tell ya wot i done this at home and my face was covered in hairs i think i was more like a gorrilla -- then I lost it -- infact i think i panicked lol :wink:
........I dont believe scrying is paranormal at all,what people see is very similar to what people experience in deprivation tanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:55 pm 
Stone Thrower

I was never sure what it was we saw I knew it was either past life or a guide while scrying in a mirrow, but after talking to Ralph the other night, he said its past life -- and what i saw was all my face covered in hair as if i was an ape man r sumit and i swear I got such a fright Ive never done it since - although Im temtped again now LOL :wink:

has anyone else tried this ? if so howd it go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:29 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i've tried this, first time was scary... i've attempted again but was apprehensive doing it by myself after the first attempt but i still want to keep doing it

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:19 am 
Stone Tape Recording

I dont believe in this at all! When u stare at yourself for so long you will see things changing as you perceieve what you want to see. If this was paranormal and real then it would work for everyone believer or not.
But as i have mentioned before all Experiments is a way forward even when they dont work! Also its mainly believers who think it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:21 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

trust me when i say this andrea what i saw i didn't want to see.... have you ever tried it mate? seriously give it a shot...it might work then again it might not.....
just to quote you though-- If this was paranormal and real then it would work for everyone believer or not. ---
do you think that if you go with the mind that is not going to work then it won't work? :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:10 am 
Stone Tape Recording

No if something is there then its there, if its not then its not...lol
But like ive said i do like these type of experiments wether they work or not. It would be interesting if maybe at one of our investigations a few people try this and see if they "Get" the same face or feelings, be interesting wouldnt it. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:35 am 
Stone Thrower

ok good idea andrea -- u can try it LOL :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:44 am 
Stone Tape Recording

Ermm let me think about it..No thanks..lol :wink:
Nah really though those who want to try this then cool but surly if faces do change then we can all see it happening and not just the person looking in mirror as if not then there ya go all in the mind :wink:
I like all sorts of experiments i think its the way forward and if they work they work if they dont then at least we have tried. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:25 am 
Stone Thrower

why wont u try it, u too scared??? lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:28 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

andrea, maybe a few people should give it a try at the same time.... including you?????

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:10 pm 
Guest Investigator

Andrea, if you don't believe anything will happen, then why don't you give it a go? Or are you too scared? :P :lol:

sharon@northern-ghost-investigations.com
http://www.euphoria4u.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

maybe its not being scared may be as a sceptic she doesn't want to do it which is fair enough, we can't force people to do something they don't want to do....but i would advise people to try it... :wink: then again it could be just the natural reaction the fear of the unknown :wink: :lol:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:47 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

there is nothing to fear whast not there!! I dont want to it cos i dont want to waste my time and thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

but as a sceptic surely you can't debunk something if you haven't tried it? i'm throwwing the gauntlet down andrea, give it a shot :wink: :lol:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:12 am 
Stone Tape Recording

tried it once at RAF in the main area,. nothing! so no i wont waste my time. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

ok fair enough..... but you'll never see anything with your eyes closed :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:19 am 
Stone Thrower

Here's another that ive copied n pasted..........

Scrying and Divination
The term scrying comes from the word descry in its sense of discovery. This in turn is thought to originate from the French words descrier and descrie.
Traditionally the use of the word scrying was restricted to divination via the medium of a crystal. Today the word scry is often used to refer to any method of divination through psychic, occult or other paranormal means. That is the sense in which I'll use the word on this site - with my apologies to the traditionalists.

Note that divination does not necessarily mean learning the future (that in itself opens a whole debate about determinism and freewill!). Scrying can equally well be used to discover what happened in the past, what is happening now and how best to react to it.

Does Scrying Work?
There is, of course, great debate as to the value of scrying.
Some believe that scrying genuinely taps into an occult or psychic force. Either the scrier or the materials possess genuine power, possibly some form of psi power. Sometimes it is an external power that is being channelled during the reading.

The Skeptics on the other hand reject it all as nonsense. If it appears to work then it is simply coincidence. Such a blanket refusal to accept facts doesn't sit well with those of us who have experienced the power of scrying (and, before any Skeptic jumps in, I have also studied statistics!).

A middle way might be to say that neither the scrier nor the materials contain any inate power. Instead they are a simply a channel through which the "psychic" gets better attuned to their subconscious and taps into information that was already there but undiscovered. This is sometimes called "eyes shut" divination, a derogatory term indicating lack of self-awareness on the part of the worker.

Whatever the mechanism, the fact remains that for many people scrying works. And that's really all that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:04 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

for information only......

Mirror scrying is an evolved form of water scrying. When it became possible to build mirrors they were regarded as being like water that was fixed into one place.

The early mirrors were made of polished copper, brass, marcasite, tin foil or mercury behind glass, polished silver and obsidian. All types of mirrors may be used for scrying and the size is not important.

Because mirrors are linked to the moon mirrors should be backed with silver. Try and use a round or oval mirror instead of a square mirror.

For the frame try and use a mirror that has a silver frame. Old mirrors also seem to work better than new mirrors.

Most seers prefer to use a black mirror. Because this is difficult to buy you may have to make one.

Just simply take out the glass and paint it black. You may have to give it a few coats of paint though. When you put it back in the frame make sure the glass part is to the front.

The use of black mirrors may be traced back over the centuries. Alchemists Edward Kelley and John Dee used a black mirror of shewstone - a piece of polished obsidian.

Catoxtromancy is a form of divination by means of looking glasses. In ancient Rome, special diviners known as "blindfolded boys" were known to gaze into mirrors in order to experience visions of the future or of the unknown, and according to the 4th century 'Scriptores Historiae Augustae' the death of Julian the Apostate was accurately predicted by diviners using this method.

When using the black mirror for scrying you do not want to see your reflection. The best is to leave the mirror on a table and look at it from an angle.

Look into the depths of the mirror as though you were looking into a bowl of water. At first it may appear gray than colors will come and go.

With time and practice you will be able to see sacred images like still photographs or moving film images. Spirits may sometimes look at the scryer, talk to the scryer or even touch the scryer. The visions may even exist outside the mirror and surround the scryer on all sides.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:19 pm 
A Stiff

Andrea wrote:
tried it once at RAF in the main area,. nothing! so no i wont waste my time. :twisted:
how unscientific . :P hehe :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:32 pm 
Stone Thrower

lol actually that is a very good point wayne :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:33 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

lol careful wayne you might face the wrath of andrea lol :wink:
but i'm afraid that is a very good point and i am sure andrea will take it on board :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:26 pm 
A Stiff

I tried this briefly in one of the rooms in the schooner on sunday but all i could see was my aura maybe if id had a little more time it might have worked. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.