It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:07 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

still a perfect donkey,,,,,, that talks garbage :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm 
Underworld Minion

bless his little big furry ears.............!!!

Donkeys pack a big kick,people forget that hehe!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:06 pm 
A Stiff

pollen101 wrote:
maybe thats why peole dont like him.their all just jealous of his manbits!!!!!!!!
How terrible, to be discredited as a medium just because you are incredibly well endowed and for this because of other peoples inadequacies Derek has to suffer ridicule and scorn..............

I've got nowt to be ashamed of :wink: I just cant stand him because he's a complete tosser. Hung like a donkey or a bug fkr, makes no difference to me - if you're a fraud you deserve all the crap that flies at you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:48 pm 
A Stiff

Totally agree Lee.

There maybe those who are hung like donkeys but have absolutly no idea what to do with it! :wink:

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 am 
Scaredy Cat

i saw derek live recently and really enjoyed it. he was so sincere and he brought comfort to a lot of people. we got to meet him afterwards and he seems like a nice genuine guy, a far cry from the derek you see on tv. like many of you i got sick of seeing the constant possesions on mh and felt that he was doing it to play up to the camera ( showing us what he thought we wanted to see). and when he fell into the creed kafer trap i was so disappointed as i believe in the beginning he came up with some really good stuff. i think when you see a medium you take from it what you want, after all you only have their word that they can actually contact the dead and i usually have to see something with my own eyes before i believe 100%. yet i am still fascinated by mediums.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 am 
Underworld Minion

Nice one chattox, glad you enjoyed seeing him!
I agree totally that when you see a medium you take from it what you want...
I'm not sure he was 'playing up' in his 'possessions' though, and I have good reasons to think this but I wont go into that now!
Obviously only he really knows that......

What is it about mediums that fascinates you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am 
The Ferryman

Hi Chattox. I went to see Derek recently too and really enjoyed it. I'm still in 2 minds about the guy's abilities but I wouldn't dismiss him as a total fraud.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 pm 
A Stiff

where's me bucket :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:40 pm 
Underworld Minion

your blushing Lee...what do you want a bucket for hehehehehe!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

to be bloody sick in missis :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 pm 
Underworld Minion

ah....well thats ok then hehehehehe!!!!
Just wondered................

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 am 
Scaredy Cat

i have seen a few famous mediums live and been to a few open circles at spiritualist church over the years and the information these people come up with somethimes is amazing. i have had a few things come up about myself that they couldnt possibly know. i never talk about myself or my family at these such events as if i did i know that i wouldnt believe a word they say as soon as it was mentioned.

the thought of getting a message from a loved one who has passed is a fascinating idea, also comforting and can help you work out the difficult stuff that goes after the death of a loved one. during an investigation though its different and im not sure its helpful. to confirm their prescence it has to be recorded somewhere, which the medium could have read and that leaves me with more questions rather than confirmaton.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 am 
Part-Time Investigator

chattox wrote
the thought of getting a message from a loved one who has passed is a fascinating idea, also comforting and can help you work out the difficult stuff that goes after the death of a loved one. during an investigation though its different and im not sure its helpful. to confirm their prescence it has to be recorded somewhere, which the medium could have read and that leaves me with more questions rather than confirmaton

hi chattox
i agree with you on that, BUT what if you took a medium somewhere without telling them where you where going and they still got imformation that could then be confirmed, would this prove to you there abilities, and what would you think then, would you believe them in other locations then, this is how ngi test mediums :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

derek wrote:
chattox wrote
the thought of getting a message from a loved one who has passed is a fascinating idea, also comforting and can help you work out the difficult stuff that goes after the death of a loved one. during an investigation though its different and im not sure its helpful. to confirm their prescence it has to be recorded somewhere, which the medium could have read and that leaves me with more questions rather than confirmaton

hi chattox
i agree with you on that, BUT what if you took a medium somewhere without telling them where you where going and they still got imformation that could then be confirmed, would this prove to you there abilities, and what would you think then, would you believe them in other locations then, this is how ngi test mediums :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And whats the circumstances of the locations, what criteria are involved to ascertain the "medium" knows nothing about the place?

Lets be honest, its not hard to know a bit about local history, family names etc etc.

Its possible that it can be faked, a single test is not good enough.

My personal attitude is to listen to what they say but I dont take it as fact. The reason I dont "trust" their information is that its become somewhat a fashion to claim some sort of ability. To avoid being misled I treat them with an element of distrust.
As with most things in life, its personal choice, but I go with my gut instincts, if I like the person I will give them more of a benefit of doubt than if I dont like the person.

I would love to expose a faker and am currently developing ways to do so.

I have had an experience with very accurate information provided to me by a complete stranger. However it is still unclear to me where the information came from. He also said he felt that he was being blocked either by me or by my deceased relatives. As the reading went on he got more and more accurate, told me if I knew these relatives or if they passed before me and described a lot of detail. Throughout the enitre reading I was sat slouched in a chair with my arms folded. He knew I was being defensive and I felt he upped his game to convinve me.

On the other hand I have watched working mediums closely and I am more often than not convinced they are grapsing at straws. Theres usually a pattern (like with Mr Accorah).

Some of the information such as sex of a presence is a no brainer. We know there would be male and female people living or working in a building.

We know a soldier is likely to be on a battlefield

This information is of little use. Complete names are rare and things that can lock down a date often come garbled or way out.

Why do land owners always appeare cruel and to have knocked up a servant girl etc etc? its all fantasy i believe. Next time you get chance watch very closely, really scrutinise the medium and more importanly watch their eyes if they are open or the movement of the eyes if they are closed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:

See .. this is what I don't like .. we shouldn't be putting our energies in finding ways to expose fakers .. we should be putting our energies into finding ways which show what the genuine ones pick up is right and trying to disover the hows and whys of it

.. Ones a negative approach, ones a positive approach .. but doing it the latter way will expose the fakers as a consequence .. Only my experience : but the sceptic always takes the negative approach.

Its like someone coming up with an idea for a new bridge design - and instead of us looking at it and finding ways to improve the design, all we do is look for ways of slating the design and not offering any solutions " .. thats crap .. that won't work .. " .. and that doesn't get us anywhere.

Ignore the fakers, don't give them the attention they are looking for .. they'll trip themselves up eventually when they make the bigger and bolder claims trying to be center of attention again .. and focus instead on the genuine ones and try and work out whats going on and how they are coming up with the stuff they get!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:00 pm 
Underworld Minion

totally agreed Jay!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:10 pm 
The Ferryman

Ditto!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
Anth wrote:

See .. this is what I don't like .. we shouldn't be putting our energies in finding ways to expose fakers .. we should be putting our energies into finding ways which show what the genuine ones pick up is right and trying to disover the hows and whys of it

.. Ones a negative approach, ones a positive approach .. but doing it the latter way will expose the fakers as a consequence .. Only my experience : but the sceptic always takes the negative approach.

Its like someone coming up with an idea for a new bridge design - and instead of us looking at it and finding ways to improve the design, all we do is look for ways of slating the design and not offering any solutions " .. thats crap .. that won't work .. " .. and that doesn't get us anywhere.

Ignore the fakers, don't give them the attention they are looking for .. they'll trip themselves up eventually when they make the bigger and bolder claims trying to be center of attention again .. and focus instead on the genuine ones and try and work out whats going on and how they are coming up with the stuff they get!

OK look at it another way.

We have little way of measuring that a Medium is genuine, other than historical facts and we cant rule out that they dont have previous knowledge. So what do we do?
Expose the fakers, by exposing the fakers the ones you dont/cant expose by probability are genuine. One technique two results. Obviously its not a sure fire way, but then if you listen to mediums their way is not exact either.

Just how I see it thats all. I dispise liars and frauds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm 
The Ferryman

We all despise liars and frauds - but doing it your way ends up in a Salem Witch Hunt where everyone who offers a little bit which could help us understand ends up getting burnt at the stake. Its a fine line between someone trying to "genuinely" expose the fakes and that same someone becoming a "crusader" and a member of the Spanish Inquisition!

And yes, the parallels are truer than we think - as I've mentioned to Snowy on other threads time and time again - we try and understand something by applying the rules of something else completely .. "normal" rules against something "paranormal" ..

By constantly doing that - its not long before we throw the mediums (witch!!) in the water and say : if you sink and drown - you were genuine .. if you float, then your a fake.

No body wins and as a whole we continue being ignorant towards whats going on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
We all despise liars and frauds - but doing it your way ends up in a Salem Witch Hunt where everyone who offers a little bit which could help us understand ends up getting burnt at the stake. Its a fine line between someone trying to "genuinely" expose the fakes and that same someone becoming a "crusader" and a member of the Spanish Inquisition!

And yes, the parallels are truer than we think - as I've mentioned to Snowy on other threads time and time again - we try and understand something by applying the rules of something else completely .. "normal" rules against something "paranormal" ..

By constantly doing that - its not long before we throw the mediums (witch!!) in the water and say : if you sink and drown - you were genuine .. if you float, then your a fake.

No body wins and as a whole we continue being ignorant towards whats going on.

So we cant prove the ability and we cant actively look for people who are faking. Is it any wonder why the credibility of paranormal investigation is called into question by the average joe blogs?

I mean look at oit from their point of view we cant get our act together so why even begin t comprehend it. meanwhile these charlatans masquerading as mediums are taking th episs out of our chosen hobby and taking advantage of people who often are very vunerable.

Makes me sick truth be told.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:51 pm 
The Ferryman

So you'd rather people kept quiet when they pick up some information from the "ether"? Because thats what will happen if people think they are going to get jumped on the instant they open their mouth and be called a "fake" .. People will just keep quiet and instead of having access to information all you'll be left with is trying to catch your mist with your fishing net and you'll get nowhere. Like it or lump it - thats psychological fascism .. people being afraid to express themselves because others are only looking to criticise ..

I'll express a thought once more I that I spoke about a month or so ago ..

Whenever a medium comes up with something that can't be confirmed or when they get something wrong - people come out the woodwork claiming " .. all these mediums are fake / mad / hallucinating .. " yet .. when they get something right .. those same people are strangely quiet .. great frigging science that .. comment on something when the science is shown to be 'right' .. then just ignore it when it defies the logic ..

Cherry picking .. over and over and over again .. makes ME sick, truth be told.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:11 pm 
A Stiff

The thing is with mediums though is they also cherry pick!!

They through out general questions, names, incidents etc etc and cherry pick the people they think will respond in the right way. Ive seen it done.

Derek Acorah has been shown to do this time and time again. We all know that when Colin Fry records the 6th sense it takes hours and they only show the hits, never the miss's.
There is to much evidence to support them cold/hot reading and the majority of them have been proved to have spies in there audiences who pick up information and then deliver it back to the medium in question. Even seating requirements, where they get certain people to sit in particular seats so they can go straight to the right "area" of the audience.

I wouldnt call them all fakes but until there is some way of proving what there doing actually is communication with the dead, ill sit quite happily on the fence LOL

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
I'll express a thought once more I that I spoke about a month or so ago ..

Whenever a medium comes up with something that can't be confirmed or when they get something wrong - people come out the woodwork claiming " .. all these mediums are fake / mad / hallucinating .. " yet .. when they get something right .. those same people are strangely quiet .. great frigging science that .. comment on something when the science is shown to be 'right' .. then just ignore it when it defies the logic ..

Cherry picking .. over and over and over again .. makes ME sick, truth be told.

That aint science and you know fine well that its not.
We all are guilty of cherry picking, whether its over something we beleive or something we disbelieve. Its all about beleife and thats something very personal to each and everyone of us.

The truth, the entire truth of the matter is no one knows for certain whats happening. The mediums I have spoken to are unsure themselves. They just know what they see hear or feel. Whether it is what the believe it to be or not is down to theirs and our own beliefs.

What I can tell you is that Gravity affects light, that Jay is science. A medium plucking a a female entity out of thin air, is NOT science.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:14 am 
The Ferryman

.. it is science tho .. just because we don't know what science doesn't mean it isnt .. In ages gone when we didn't know what gravity was and how it bent light - it didn't change the fact that gravity still bent light .. we just didn't know it at the time or know why, but "Gravity" still existed even tho the science at the time didn't know about it.

We're never going to know or understand whats going on in regards to information gained psychicly if our intention is just trying to prove that people are fake .. Ok, there isn't any way at the moment to explain whats going on when a somebody - fake or otherwise - spurts out information, but we'll never come up with an explanation if we immediately just dismiss it as fake because it lies outside our perception of possibility or what we deem believable or not.

Yes, belief - damn right - whether somebody believes mediums come out with truth or what the scientist comes out with is true - both are belief systems .. a trusting of the individual giving the information .. whether thats about Aunt Mable or that E=MC2 .. the methods of "proving" each may be different but neither of them are authoritive - its only our "belief" in science that means it carries more weight.

But come to Cherry Picking - hence why in doing this we have to be totally non-judgemental .. if we have a pre-concieved idea then the medium will either always be a fake or a prophet depending on the individual take and that will never change because we'll only ever see that which supports the pre-concieved idea we have and automatically dismiss anything that counters it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
.. it is science tho .. just because we don't know what science doesn't mean it isnt .. In ages gone when we didn't know what gravity was and how it bent light - it didn't change the fact that gravity still bent light .. we just didn't know it at the time or know why, but "Gravity" still existed even tho the science at the time didn't know about it.

We're never going to know or understand whats going on in regards to information gained psychicly if our intention is just trying to prove that people are fake .. Ok, there isn't any way at the moment to explain whats going on when a somebody - fake or otherwise - spurts out information, but we'll never come up with an explanation if we immediately just dismiss it as fake because it lies outside our perception of possibility or what we deem believable or not.

Yes, belief - damn right - whether somebody believes mediums come out with truth or what the scientist comes out with is true - both are belief systems .. a trusting of the individual giving the information .. whether thats about Aunt Mable or that E=MC2 .. the methods of "proving" each may be different but neither of them are authoritive - its only our "belief" in science that means it carries more weight.

But come to Cherry Picking - hence why in doing this we have to be totally non-judgemental .. if we have a pre-concieved idea then the medium will either always be a fake or a prophet depending on the individual take and that will never change because we'll only ever see that which supports the pre-concieved idea we have and automatically dismiss anything that counters it.

I'm not saying judge them instantly. What we need to do is set little traps like C o'K allegedly did for DA. If we start to hear the information we planted then that Medium should be drummed out of the group and all other local groups be made aware of what happened.
I know they cant be accurate 100% of the time, and often I htink its cop out to be honest, but never the less if we make something up and the medium picks up on it. We have a fake medium. It instantly calls into credibility EVERYTHING they previously said.

Hence why so many people think DA is a tosser. Its damned right that this kind of ability should be monitored and governed there too many charlatans out there preying on vunerable people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next