It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:55 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
But doesn't that just create a climate of fear and put a negative slant on what we do? Lets say every group does it and mediums start to fall. Doesn't that make the ones that are left think to themselves : bugger this - one wrong word and I'm done for .. I'll keep quiet.

But - there are problems with it .. Your choice of words damns the idea ..

Anth wrote:
but never the less if we make something up and the medium picks up on it. We have a fake medium.


What if the medium does "pick up on it" .. ? If mediums are genuine, then whatever is happenning is happening on a psychic level - if they can pick up on info from the dead who's to say they aren't picking up stuff from the living too? If you've set a trap (which unkowingly to you they haven't triggered) yet pick up on the info psychiclly anyways the result is one innocent burnt at the stake.

If there is one criticsm I have of mediums, there are some who like to exaggerate .. this doesn't mean they are fake .. they just like to make more of a situation than what it deserves and one or two could be tempted to to take the info in the trap and use it .. Yes, its wrong and they shouldn't and they should be slapped on the wrist for it - but again, it doesn't mean they are fake right across the board .. just daft.

There are two main reason why I personally don't think there are as many fakes around as what people claim working within groups (talking genuine fakes here .. ) ..

1) Motivation to lie and cheat
Maybe its just me - but I don't see the motivation behind it. Yes, there is always the 'centre of attention' stuff and maybe some people do get a kick out of that - but to constantly cheat and make up stuff purely for this reason and ultimately lie to your teamies and in a lot of cases, your friends .. I don't buy it giving the risk vs reward. Exaggerate, yes, I can buy that ..but to consistantly and knowingly lie and cheat .. I don't see it. Ok, top end of the scale where money and TV appearances are involvled - yes, thats different and when driven by fame & fortune I can accept .. but mediums in groups or from the Churches .. I can't see it.

2) Imagination to make stuff up
I have a damn good imagination .. I can be a good story teller when I can be arsed .. I've wrote various stories - both short and long in my time and have constantly been in situations where (for legit reasons) I've had to make stuff up on the fly time and time again .. but I know that I'd struggle to go out on a night and bang! bang! bang! - make one little tale up after another .. keeping them all interesting and different each time hour after hour, night after night .. Now I won't have the best and most vivid imagination in the world, but according to some - everyone with a better imagination ends up being a medium!

I really don't see how or why a medium would set up their entire selves to go out and deliberately cheat and make stuff up at the level that we deal with. Yes, you'll get your chanchers .. those who like to exaggerate and make themselves "look better" .. and your traps could catch them but even then, that doesn't mean they are entirely fake .. they've just made a stupid choice ..

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline
Member of EFFI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:16 pm
Posts: 979
Location: Darlington
There are many good mediums out there, I agree.

There are also, sadly, a lot of fake ones too, who make a lot of cash out of it. I think that it must be the financial side that attracts them.

A barmaid of one of the pubs that I often frequent, told me that the pub hired a 'medium' who appeared at a Psychic Night, and the only thing that he picked up, was his

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/backdoorpromotions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:18 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Theres a difference between a "bad" medium and a "fake" medium .. if the medium was so bad why didn't he fake it like so many apparently do? If he wasn't getting anything that night - it proves he was maybe genuine and not just make stuff up for his audience.. He could have just had an off night .. In all walks of life their are people who are "bad" at their job and who have "bad" days - so why not a medium too?

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm 
Offline
Member of EFFI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:16 pm
Posts: 979
Location: Darlington
He's performed there twice Jay, and on both occasions, he was dreadful !

_________________
http://www.myspace.com/backdoorpromotions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Theres also many liars in this world.
People who lie for many reasons, to go one better than their mates, to make themselves appear better, to feel more self important.

Who knows really why they do it, who knows why they find living in a fantasy land so appealing. What I do know is that they do it.

I dont see why it would be any different with alleged mediums, they, after all are people too. With the same characteristics and traits as you or me.
You (Jay) said in another thread that ghosts are people, yeah and so are mediums, they can fall for the lure of money, of friendship etc etc. Just because they join a team of people, does not make them instantly unfallable.

The problem we all have is consistency, we either think too big on a small incident or too small on a big incident. The bigger picture is always just beyond out grasp. You dont have to be a cunt like me, I try and be to the point that way I dont wast your time or mine. I tend to tell people if I dont like them. They rarely appreciate it, and I am fairly sure I wouldnt if someone said it to me, but it saves on the effort of keeping up appearances doesnt it?
I think aloud on forums such as this, and I will ALWAYS say whats on my mind. The more pissed off I am at the time the more angry my posts will seem. So if I say I am wanting to hunt down and expose fake mediums its because I beleive theres too many of them about. If I say a colour is not black its blue, its because I beleive its blue. I dont argue or make controverial posts for the sake of it. I come here ot share Ideas and listen to other peoples. Hence why I tend to take part in topics about what other think.
I tend to act on instinct and often I dont think things through, its a trait of mine, but rest assured if I thought someone was pulling the wool over anyones eyes I would speak up.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:42 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Dell wrote:
He's performed there twice Jay, and on both occasions, he was dreadful !


Two bad days at the office!!! :mrgreen: .. Yes, there are bad mediums out there .. of course there is .. but there is still a difference between "bad" and "fake" .. a "fake" to me is someone who gets info beforehand on either the person or location he or she is visiting and then uses that info to make them look better .. a bad medium is just that .. a bad medium .. who maybe thinks they get stuff but is way off the mark .. I can juggle 2 balls for about 10 seconds .. that makes me bad juggler .. not a fake one!!

To Anth :

But are mediums lying to impress the group they are with? How can we be certain? The only way we can be certain is if and when they come clean .. if they don't .. how do we know where they are getting their info from? We don't.

A medium could quite genuinely believe they are getting info from the spirit world and can't for the life of them work out why its always wrong - its what they are being told and / or how they are interperating it. To those with a sceptical mind, they are just making it up! But to them - they aren't, they genuinely believe they are getting info from dead doods.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a medium in any way, shape or form but at times when I've sat in a location and opened myself up to stuff - I get images flash in my mind of people and places and sometimes get words or names .. it hasn't been often I've done it .. but when I have and spoken it out, I've been told I've been quite accurate more often than not ..

.. Am I just a lucky guesser? I dunno .. Is it info from Great Aunt Mable? Beats me .. Am I making it up? No .. I'm I faking it? No .. Now someone who's been getting info like that all their life and are more confident in what they get and trust it, would call themselves a medium and would claim its coming from the other side .. is it? I dunno .. But they believe it is and in most cases, aren't faking or making it up .. they get these images or words and then pass them on ..

I think there is a difference between "show" mediumship - when on a stage with an audience .. and "ghosty" mediumship when on an investigation .. A show medium is under pressure to perform and may throw bits and pieces out hoping to hit someone in the audience and when they do and have a link with someone start to do "proper" mediumship .. whereas the ghost medium .. I don't see the motivation .. simple as that .. just to look good would soon back-fire when they never get anything accurate (and if you've only ever been with mediums like that then thats maybe where your problem is!) and people start to claim that he's shit or she never gets anything right .. ok, its time to look for a new medium .. but again, it could just be they are shit and not necessarrily because they are lying just to impress!

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Jay wrote:
Dell wrote:
He's performed there twice Jay, and on both occasions, he was dreadful !


Two bad days at the office!!! :mrgreen: .. Yes, there are bad mediums out there .. of course there is .. but there is still a difference between "bad" and "fake" .. a "fake" to me is someone who gets info beforehand on either the person or location he or she is visiting and then uses that info to make them look better .. a bad medium is just that .. a bad medium .. who maybe thinks they get stuff but is way off the mark .. I can juggle 2 balls for about 10 seconds .. that makes me bad juggler .. not a fake one!!

To Anth :

But are mediums lying to impress the group they are with? How can we be certain? The only way we can be certain is if and when they come clean .. if they don't .. how do we know where they are getting their info from? We don't.

A medium could quite genuinely believe they are getting info from the spirit world and can't for the life of them work out why its always wrong - its what they are being told and / or how they are interperating it. To those with a sceptical mind, they are just making it up! But to them - they aren't, they genuinely believe they are getting info from dead doods.

Now, I wouldn't call myself a medium in any way, shape or form but at times when I've sat in a location and opened myself up to stuff - I get images flash in my mind of people and places and sometimes get words or names .. it hasn't been often I've done it .. but when I have and spoken it out, I've been told I've been quite accurate more often than not ..

.. Am I just a lucky guesser? I dunno .. Is it info from Great Aunt Mable? Beats me .. Am I making it up? No .. I'm I faking it? No .. Now someone who's been getting info like that all their life and are more confident in what they get and trust it, would call themselves a medium and would claim its coming from the other side .. is it? I dunno .. But they believe it is and in most cases, aren't faking or making it up .. they get these images or words and then pass them on ..

I think there is a difference between "show" mediumship - when on a stage with an audience .. and "ghosty" mediumship when on an investigation .. A show medium is under pressure to perform and may throw bits and pieces out hoping to hit someone in the audience and when they do and have a link with someone start to do "proper" mediumship .. whereas the ghost medium .. I don't see the motivation .. simple as that .. just to look good would soon back-fire when they never get anything accurate (and if you've only ever been with mediums like that then thats maybe where your problem is!) and people start to claim that he's shit or she never gets anything right .. ok, its time to look for a new medium .. but again, it could just be they are shit and not necessarrily because they are lying just to impress!




But we also equally dont know they are genuinely getting this stuff from out of the ether.
You dont know yourself, you, I assume arrange the investigations, so you have prior knowledge of the location. Its a much more likely/plausible explanation to why you get this information than it being sent from dear old Aunt mable, god bless her soul.

Like I said, we only have a Mediums word that they know nothing of the place prior to their visit. We only have their word as to where their information comes from. Sometimes these people are complete strangers yet paranormal investigators are expected to instantly believe them?
Come one you cannot trust someone immediatly.
If I sat in a pub and told you a tale of near death experience, would you believe me?
If your answer is no, thats because you are human and in reality you know that often people are not telling the truth.

If you say yes you would beleive me, why would you not trust a stranger to keep an eye on your bag or wallet? Or why would you not carry something through customs for someone else? Its about lifes experiences, perhaps I've just come across a load of untrustworthy reprobates in my 32 years on this planet. Perhaps I just have my head screwed on? Maybe I am pessimistic, but wondering that could make me optimisitc??????

we cant be perfect Jay and we cant pretend we are or that would make us liars.
I treat mediums with a lot of scepticism, I am so sure that 90% of the ones I will meet are not genuine.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:22 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Again, theres a difference between someone who you've just met and someone who you've worked with for 6 - 12 - 18 months .. But we can't just assume that someone must have prior knowledge of a location just because they are getting stuff right ... You can't not assume it either ..

See, theres an incorrect assumption you've made about me - I would be in your "burnt at the stake" group there because you've immediately assumed I know about the location because I organise them ..

No I don't organise them. I don't have anything to do with the organising of them other than putting my "Yes" or "No" into whether we do it. Plus, I've only "opened up" on Team Only investigations where I have even less of an idea about a place when they get arranged (of thats possible!).. The only time I find out about the ins and outs concerning a location is once its all done and I start to put together the reports ...

So .. theres one innocent burnt at the stake .. :mrgreen: .. don't worry .. burn another 8 innocents and you might finally get your genuine fake - a small price to pay, huh?? :D

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Jay wrote:
Again, theres a difference between someone who you've just met and someone who you've worked with for 6 - 12 - 18 months .. But we can't just assume that someone must have prior knowledge of a location just because they are getting stuff right ... You can't not assume it either ..

See, theres an incorrect assumption you've made about me - I would be in your "burnt at the stake" group there because you've immediately assumed I know about the location because I organise them ..

No I don't organise them. I don't have anything to do with the organising of them other than putting my "Yes" or "No" into whether we do it. Plus, I've only "opened up" on Team Only investigations where I have even less of an idea about a place when they get arranged (of thats possible!).. The only time I find out about the ins and outs concerning a location is once its all done and I start to put together the reports ...

So .. theres one innocent burnt at the stake .. :mrgreen: .. don't worry .. burn another 8 innocents and you might finally get your genuine fake - a small price to pay, huh?? :D


So lets see, you've never heard anything about any of the locations that NGI have been to?
Such as the golden Fleece, the NEAM or perhaps the Castle keep, all of which I believe have been on MH.

I'm not syaing you are telling lies Jay, what I am saying is its much more likely that you have heard somehting and are recollecting it, and you beleive you have tuned into something.
The one medium whom I beleive to be genuine once told me this tuning in business is crap, its a constant thing, you dont need to tune in. You cant switch it on or off, if spirit want to talk to you they will. You dont choose when they can or cant unless your gatekeeper can assist you in filtering the messages.

Now if thats the truth it really does call into question what other "mediums" tell you. Its hard to establish the truth because we dont really know what is fact and what is fiction. We know that sometimes a medium gets a name or a date right. But that information more often than not, can be easily found on the internet. We have no validation as to where they got that information from. So I treat it all as suspect. I listen to what they say, I store it, but I dont certainly take it to be gospel truth.

Just because somone says they are a medium does not mean they have any ability, thats almost as bad as being a creaky floorboarder (awaits the flat worlder retort). 18 months working with someone maybe once or twice a month is nothing. Have you never found out a friend has lied to you? or an ex partner cheated on you? you share something stronger than a working relationship yet it still happens.

I dont beleive that your intuition was anything paranormal, because theres no way to establish the facts, you cant prove that you had no prior knowledge and I cant prove you did. Does that make a good grounding for evidence? To me it says the evidence is flaky, flaky evidence should be commented on but not used as a basis to a conclusion.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
As I said - I've opened up only on Team Only invests cos I have the time .. the ones you've mentioned above have been guests nights ..

So .. where I've done it is the Roman Baths, <someplace Claire knows> - I always forget the name, Jimmy Allens, Bolton Castle, Whitworth Hall etc .. now, barring Bolton Castle where I did know a little bit about beforehand because of a visit when I was a kid, I knew absolutely nothing about them before I went .. I choose to only do it on those places where I don't know anything about becasue of the very reasons your giving .. I'd never do it and trust what I got at someplace like Castle Keep.

"Tuning in" to me is not messing about and running around like a headless chicken .. I can do that on a Team Only invest we do because I can just sit down and relax and listen and don't have to mess about worrying about shit being organised ... I maybe do get stuff at the Keep or elsewhere, but I'm usually too busy to listen.

Part of the problem in all of this - and yes, I agree, thats why scientific understanding can't give any answers .. is that its all Human based and each and every one of us has our own ideas, makes assumptions based on few facts and depends on witness statements ..

We could have the best and most genuine Medium in the world out on an investigation with us and they might have a 100% past success rate (lets assume for this example they are the real deal) .. We could have hidden where they are going so the had no prior knowledge of the place (kidnapped off the street, thrown in the back of the A-Team van, bag over head) .. they could then real off information about the location which wows people listening ..

There is still doubt .. there always will be .. Who knows what they did know or didn't know .. coincidence maybe, but they could have just read a book about the place the week beforehand .. it will never be 100% and thats why it will never be proven in a scientific fashion .. but it will never be 100% fakery either ..

A the end of the day, you don't take the word of a medium as gospel .. its just another bit of information about a location that you add to the rest .. if your fortunate to have a couple of mediums with you one night - you can compare what they both said .. (one invest springs to mind where we had 4 with us who didn't know each other and each of them independantly came up with exactly the same info in exactly the same rooms in the location).

I dunno - NGI are fortunate in a one way as we've worked with some damn good mediums in our time and I for one have seen enough to know something is going on - like with anything else tho - I don't fully buy into the "dead person" explanation yet and think something else wierd is going on such as some psychich phenemonen but thats just my personal opinion ..

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:45 am 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
When Derek fell into Ciaran's 'Kreed Kafer trap', does that mean he is 100% fake.? Not at all. I admit that it doesn't look good on the surface but it is far from proof that he is a total fraud. There are a number of things that could have happened.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
doktor_phibes wrote:
When Derek fell into Ciaran's 'Kreed Kafer trap', does that mean he is 100% fake.? Not at all. I admit that it doesn't look good on the surface but it is far from proof that he is a total fraud. There are a number of things that could have happened.

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:11 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
I take your point. But again it is a TV show and things have to be planned to a point. Does that prove it is all faked though?

I've seen the badpsychics site and it seems like the total opposite of what we are talking about. Shows like Most Haunted edit the footage for mediums/the paranormal and badpsychics try their best to discredit them by also showing things out of context. It's amazing how much off-air footage sites like this get their grubbly little mits on and then use it as evidence of fakery. Someone must be breaking their confidentiality agreement! :D

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
doktor_phibes wrote:
I take your point. But again it is a TV show and things have to be planned to a point. Does that prove it is all faked though?

I've seen the badpsychics site and it seems like the total opposite of what we are talking about. Shows like Most Haunted edit the footage for mediums/the paranormal and badpsychics try their best to discredit them by also showing things out of context. It's amazing how much off-air footage sites like this get their grubbly little mits on and then use it as evidence of fakery. Someone must be breaking their confidentiality agreement! :D



People do break NDA's I have in the past, although it was accidental.
Bad Psychics is a bit of an oddity, but has been running since 2004 so its got a fair history. Yes they have an agenda, but so do NGI and the group I work with Para-investigations.

As for DA, does it mean he was always faking?
The strictest answer is no.
The hoinest answer is that No it doesnt mean he was always faking, but it automatically means all his previous "evidence" is fallable and shown to be possibly un-honest. So its renders it useless as evidence obtained via mediumistic skills.

The big problem is, he cannot verify or re-test, because he now has proven prior knowledge. And as we know, another medium may not pickup on the same energies. (how convenient eh? )

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:59 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Wahey! I agree with almost everything you said in your last post. Everyone does have an agenda and the 'truth' probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I think Derek's (indeed all mediums) 'evidence' is fallable, even before his reputation was called into question. But is it useless? I think it is still worth following up as it would be foolish to ignore completely.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:13 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
There is a story about a copper who achieved the position of Chief Inspector .. When he took on this role, he began to realise that he wielded quite a bit of power and could make or break people lifes .. All it would take was a dirty brown envelope stuffed with cash and he could shut down an investigation or have it wandering off into a completely irrelevent direction .. He'd become a bad cop ..

Eventually, he got found out and lost his job and got done for corruption (and rightly so) ..

He only became corrupt and became a Bad Cop when he took on the position of Chief Inspector .. but to get the role in the first place, he needed to be a Very Good Cop otherwise he'd have never have risen in the ranks in the first place ..

I'm not defending Degsy nor judging him because I don't know him ... But can there be any similarities??

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:14 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
A very good example there Jay. Go to the top of the class!

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:28 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Nah .. top of the class is for swots .. I'll stay at the back with Milly Miggins and smoke ciggies with her .. :twisted:

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Jay wrote:
There is a story about a copper who achieved the position of Chief Inspector .. When he took on this role, he began to realise that he wielded quite a bit of power and could make or break people lifes .. All it would take was a dirty brown envelope stuffed with cash and he could shut down an investigation or have it wandering off into a completely irrelevent direction .. He'd become a bad cop ..

Eventually, he got found out and lost his job and got done for corruption (and rightly so) ..

He only became corrupt and became a Bad Cop when he took on the position of Chief Inspector .. but to get the role in the first place, he needed to be a Very Good Cop otherwise he'd have never have risen in the ranks in the first place ..

I'm not defending Degsy nor judging him because I don't know him ... But can there be any similarities??


Theres also another possibility, he was lucky to get the job, he was able to convice them he was right for the job. or that he was appointed because he was using his bad cop skills to get the results required.

there is always more than two sides to every story jay. ;)

It happened in real life anyway, Ray Mallon. was a bllody good copper until people decided he was too powerfull and he upset the "wrong" people

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
Of course it can be seen from the other way .. and with the cop, there is no way - unless he comes clean himself - to know what he did to get the job, how many toes he stepped on, what manipulation he used or whether he did cheat his way into it ..

I accept that Degsys reputation is shot over the Kreed Kafer incident .. but that doesn't automatically mean he is a fake, has always been a fake and always will be a fake .. and from a credibility stand point if you desperately needed a medium, you're best off going elsewhere ..

We're all people and we're all different and yes, there are some who can be tempted - for whatever the reason - to go a bit dodgy. A brown stuffed envelope or to look good on television .. sometimes the risk is worth the reward to some people and thats in every field .. If you go and visit a doctor and he gives you some pills that take away your "itch" .. you're not going to complain years later when he gets struck off because he never had the right certificates and was in fact a plumber called Barry.. he got rid of your "itch" and thats all that matters. True he might have given the wrong diagnosis to others occasionally and when found out he gets royally slapped .. but its only a certificate that means he can use the word "Doctor" in front of his name .. he still might have helped and done good in 90% of the other cases he dealt with.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm
Posts: 2556
Location: Billingham
Jay wrote:
Of course it can be seen from the other way .. and with the cop, there is no way - unless he comes clean himself - to know what he did to get the job, how many toes he stepped on, what manipulation he used or whether he did cheat his way into it ..

I accept that Degsys reputation is shot over the Kreed Kafer incident .. but that doesn't automatically mean he is a fake, has always been a fake and always will be a fake .. and from a credibility stand point if you desperately needed a medium, you're best off going elsewhere ..

We're all people and we're all different and yes, there are some who can be tempted - for whatever the reason - to go a bit dodgy. A brown stuffed envelope or to look good on television .. sometimes the risk is worth the reward to some people and thats in every field .. If you go and visit a doctor and he gives you some pills that take away your "itch" .. you're not going to complain years later when he gets struck off because he never had the right certificates and was in fact a plumber called Barry.. he got rid of your "itch" and thats all that matters. True he might have given the wrong diagnosis to others occasionally and when found out he gets royally slapped .. but its only a certificate that means he can use the word "Doctor" in front of his name .. he still might have helped and done good in 90% of the other cases he dealt with.



But a review can prove that the fake doctor did or did not help. DA cannot have this, as theres so much speculation and far too many cop outs for mediums to independantly investigate his claims. A medium NEEDS a good reputation, its an essential part of their credibility.
I used to be a fan of his ....hang on fan is not the right word, I used to be impressed by him like I said for the first 4 series. He got dumber and dumber, more and more transparent, you could see that he was making things up and the looks on the faces of the crew often gave it away.

Now he has been exposed, go back and look at his earlier stuff, its easier to see once you know that you are watching someone who has been shown to make stuff up.
I really cannot believe others can claim they have rational thought but still think that DA is genuine. Is it a true belief or is it because they are shocked at the possible ramification for the paranormal investigation teams?

_________________
I aint afraid of no ghost

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 10887
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
I would say that I have rational thought but I would NOT claim that Derek Acorah is genuine, the same way I would not claim him an out and out fake either.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations -
Messing around with things we don't understand since 2005


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:10 pm 
Offline
The Ferryman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 pm
Posts: 10488
And I'd second what Dok said .. the guy is on TV and wanting to put a show on for the audience .. yes, he's stepped over the mark and gone over the top with things .. but that doesn't automatically mean he's a complete fraud. He might be .. I'm not saying he's definitely not .. what I am saying is that one thing doesn't automatically mean another regardless of our own perspective .. even if he's had only one thing whispered in his ear from Sam the Man that was 'real' and 'genuine' and 'accurate' - then he's not a fraud or a fake - just a bloke who's been blinded by the lights, took a chance and got caught out.

_________________
Northern Ghost Investigations
Latest blatant plug for some stuff that I'm in the middle of!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm 
Offline
A Stiff
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:28 pm
Posts: 1170
I am at the moment reading a book! Yes i can actually read LOL

Anyway, i got to a chapter last night were an investagative journlist goes behind the scenes on a most haunted live.
He is escorted everywhere as is another journalist. They werent allowed to even go to the loo on there own. When one of them was found standing listening to yvette and derek chatting while the cameras were off, he was excorted back to his "spot" by a burly security guard. He was then told not to move or wander off.
Anyway a short time after while they were off air during a comercial break a some noise was heard in the bushes, then a shadow was seen by yvette and derek, they inlcuding the two journalists rushed off towards the area, and along with some security guards looked to see if they could see any reason why they had seen a shadow.
The security guards rushed head long into the bushes and trees and began shouting, there were some kids larking about.
This was told to yvette but when they came back off the break, yvette said excitedly that while theyd been off air theyd all witnessed noises and seen a black shadow. No mention of the kids was made!
At one point in full conversation with sam with the cameras on him, derek was relaying the information to the audience, the journalist was watching intently because derek was in full flow and very animated and excited. Whilst derek was talking yvette said aww we have to hand back to the studio, as soon as shed done that derek calmly turned round lit a fag and said no more on the subject.
Can mediums switch there information on and off like that!

Abit further down in the chapter one of the journalists needed to use the loo, so escaping from the security guard headed off.
He took a slight detour (on purpose) and ended up in the van of the script holder. He pinched one of her scripts, shoved it down his trousers and headed to the loo.
He quickly looked at the script. It was the running order of the show for that night.
In it, it said yvette and derek talking, short break, dereks happenings.
Abit further down it said again, yvette and derek talking, dereks happenings.
He was gobsmacked.
All dereks possessions and information giving WAS SCRIPTED

So if derek acorah is a medium and picking up on genuine information, surely it cant be scripted!

So is that faking??????

_________________
Barra- tone

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DEREK ACORAH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 pm 
Offline
Breezy Draft

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:00 am
Posts: 1715
Lol that is hardly surprising....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC [ DST ]