It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:20 am

Post subject: 'We watched beast for 30 minutes'
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:46 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

AN EAGLE-EYED couple who have been on holiday in the Whitby area are the latest people to have seen the mysterious Beast of the Bay.
In fact, Dave Holland and Liz Robb say they watched the black panther-like creature for almost half and hour.

There have been a string of recent sightings of the notorious beast and one man claimed he saw the creature with a young cub in Aislaby

Dave and Liz, from Sheffield, had been staying in Hinderwell and took a trip out to the Danby Moors Centre on Tuesday afternoon.

At around 3pm they were walking from the centre to Danby Castle Farm when they saw the beast about 200 metres away.

Dave (54) told the Gazette: "I could just see this black thing in the distance and my first instinct was that it was a dog. But because of its size and shape, Liz thought it was a sheep.

"I looked through my binoculars and it certainly wasn't either. It was black, with yellow eyes and walked like a panther. It looked like it had something in its mouth and it settled down while we watched it for about 30 minutes. We tried to get as close as we could. It was watching us then it got up and walked off into the bushes."

Dave and Liz then went back to the Danby Moors Centre to tell people what they had seen.

source: http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/39We-watched-beast-for-30.3920568.jp

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject: Re: 'We watched beast for 30 minutes'
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:21 pm 
A Stiff

Ummmm im never sure about these things to be honest.

For one panthers are carnivors and therefore the local sheep/cow/cat/dog population would surely be showing some signs of being eaten by some large preditor. Big cats dont eat a whole animal just the bits they need and leave the rest.
But as far as im aware nothing is reported.
Maybe thats to keep the legend alive!!

We are suposed to have a large cat of some description roaming around free in our area.
Its been caught on camera, but when you look at the footage and see that the things around look normal it makes it look more like a large black domestic moggy.
At one point on the footage it walks past some boxes which are stacked up. Now the security guards at the place say that these boxes are huge, and that makes the cat look massive, but like i say its only the word of the security guards.
The footage has been on some sites but im beggered if i can find it now.

http://velvetslayer.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx