It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Post subject: TV Crew Skeptics Stunned By English Haunted Pub Events
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:16 am 
Site Admin

A ghostly grotto was combed thoroughly by a team of TV ghostbusters yesterday, seeking to prove it is the country's most haunted pub. -->> <<--

Smugglers, wreckers, adventurers and a long-dead cat are said to haunt Marsden Grotto, near South Shields, which is set to reopen as a restaurant and bar in the new year.
Now these and other ghouls are set to be the stars of a six-part documentary Haunted presented by former Doctor Who, Tom Baker.

Sceptical director Ross Hemsworth came to Marsden four days ago but he now says he has been stunned by the evidence he has collected.

The team claim thermal imaging scanners have shown up suspended balls of light which they believe to be souls. Not only that, electro-magnetic field monitors apparently have given readings which suggest people are moving around in empty rooms.

Mr Hemsworth said: "I was a sceptic when I started researching this programme two-and-half years ago - now I have seen what I believe are the souls of the dead, I am completely convinced.

"We have taken photos of these souls so that is our proof, in addition to that our psychics have learned things about this place and its former inhabitants which they could not have found out any other way."

The show's resident psychic, Marion Goodfellow said: "I would say it is a multiple haunting. There are at least seven entities living comfortably in this building."

Mrs Goodfellow added: "We think there are some hidden rooms and the legendary abandoned Roman treasure further into the rocks. This is an amazing place."

The programme recruited Mike Halliwell, South Shields author of Ale and Spirits, a book on the North-East's haunted pubs, and a long-term student of Marsden Grotto as their consultant on local history or legend.

He said: "The grotto is without a doubt the most haunted pub in England. I am impressed with the psychics I have met and the evidence they have gathered."

Grotto owner Mark Hird was undaunted by the team's ghostly claims.

He said: "I have never been scared there. I have worked in a lot of pubs with long histories, but none as interesting as this.

"I don't expect any trouble from the ghosts. The Grotto has been a public house since 1826 and I get the feeling they will be pleased to see the building come alive again."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:43 am 
Elite Investigator

I would love to investigate this place, I really would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:56 pm 
The Ferryman

Its a PUB!!!

Nah .. from what people have said, I guess this place could be one of the exceptions ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:47 pm 
Stone Thrower

This place I reckon was problies the best seance we have ever had, only felt sorry for poor leanne!!! nevermind she recovered! -- yeah i thought it was active, but the place itself is so cool being built in a cave :wink: