It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:21 am

Post subject: Rosslyn ghost sighting spooks Festival actors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

ACTORS rehearsing at Midlothian's Rosslyn Chapel for a Festival play claim to have spotted two ghosts in the famous building.

A cast member reported seeing a "fairy-like" figure in the grounds of the Chapel, while another said they spotted a person inside the building itself.

The actors are preparing to perform A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is being produced by the Roslin-based Nonsense Room Productions.

Producer Simon Beattie, who also works as a tour guide at the Chapel and appeared as an extra in Tom Hanks' blockbuster film The Da Vinci Code, said strange sightings were not unusual at Rosslyn Chapel.

"Last year we were rehearsing for a Fringe show, and when I was locking up I heard a child's voice in the crypt and so I shouted down that I was locking up," he said.

"When I went down there however, there was no-one there.

"We've no idea who the ghosts might be but it certainly seems that they are budding thespians and they have certainly livened up our rehearsals."

Sourced from: <a class ="locmenu" href="http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=paranormal&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fedinburghnews.scotsman.com%2Fedinburgh.cfm%3Fid%3D1101912006" target="_blank">paranormal.about</a>