It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:52 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Yeah Beth that room was a weird one especially that light we saw too.
I cant say its paranormal and i know that there is a box in that room where there was lights inside flashing but i think the light we saw was more near the Fireplace. That bang on the door from them guys was scary wasnt it lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:55 pm 
Stone Thrower

well andrea -- this "light" u saw, was it normal???? if not it must have been paranormal? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Haha, not good when you're sitting in a pitch black room in silence, waiting for something to happen and the drunks outside start banging on the door! I nearly died! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:03 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Just because the light didnt seem too normal at the time it does not mean it was paranormal this is where the difference comes in between sceptics and believers. I know Lee saw it too and he was in another team now the question is Was it the light coming from the box with the light inside or was it coming from the fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:05 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

could be normal just not explainable straight away!!!

carl@northern-ghost-investigations.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:06 pm 
Stone Thrower

well the way I look at it is, surely if there isnt a "normal" explanition, then isnt it classed as "paranormal" ?? -- i do mean however once other possible reasons have been crossed out :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:11 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Yes Carl I agree with you. Sue No it does not have to be paranormal.
If you cant explain it then you do some tests or Investigate the area a bit more. Some things are just unexplainable but it does not mean its paranormal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:13 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

I still think it was much more towards the fireplace than the light box thingy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

well wish u guys got a pic of it tho :wink:

same thing hap wi lee -- sumit went straight past the cam only it wasnt on record lol -- typical :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:17 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

what do you mean not recording he deleted the footage lol

only joking

carl@northern-ghost-investigations.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:20 pm 
Stone Thrower

lol no carl he was busy setting it up -- before it was recording -- nvermind lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:24 pm 
The Ferryman

Its funny - we've been to a few locations this last few months where we weren't 100% sure beforehand to what degree they were 'haunted' (in quotes for Andreas sake .. :wink: ) if any at all.

We then go to the Keep - which we know is 'haunted' - and there are all manner of activity and phenomenon witnessed and caught on camera thats causing lots of chat and discussion here.

What can you read into that, huh??

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:15 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

what do i read into it?

well................maybe its because......

that there is a lot of activity and phenomenon at places that we know are "haunted" (also quoted so i don't offend anyone :wink: )

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Thank You Jay :shock: But saying "Haunted" in that way is just common sense. We havent proved that The castle keep is haunted, no one has actually proved within reasonal doubt that it is haunted, You can just go on a few people's "Experiences". Only time we should really say its haunted is when we have actually Captured Paranormal Activity on tape wether its Cam, EVP etc. To my knowledge we havent or i dont think any other team has. We have to rule all the Logical explanations out which we havent really done yet. But Of course people who believe and dont believe and who have very different views are going to be saying the opposite thing. I dont believe The castle keep is haunted. Again this is only my own personal view (just incase thought id best put it in bold)
Show me footage where we have an apparition or voices on EVP which cannot be explained then only then can we really say Its a possibility its haunted and not just because a few people believe it to be wether they think they can feel something or sense something this is not enough for us to say its haunted.
Take the story of the poppy Girl of the keep most believe this is to be true but it isnt it was only a story even MH mentioned the poppy girl and said she haunts there just goes to show u doesnt it that people will say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:20 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i don't know the story about the poppy girl :wink:

i can understand where you are coming from though andrea, as you have already said each side is going to believe their own thing..i suppose just because one person gets confirmation doesn't mean that the others actually have yet :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:44 am 
The Ferryman

Yes, but the point I raised hasn't been answered .. Castle Keep has a greater reputation of being "haunted" than say Whitworth Hall. It would appear that that reputation has been upheld given the strange pictures, the experiences people had etc at The Keep as opposed to what we got at Whitworth.

This goes back to points I've made elsewhere - for instance, I don't get 'orbs' at home. Ok, yes to me they are dust - but thats not the point. Yet I don't get 'orbs' at home or other places where I'm not looking for ghosties. The last few locations (pre-Keep) I haven't got 'orbs' on camera at all.

I go to the Keep, reputation wise more "haunted" than some of our recent locations, I get 'orbs' again.

Now the question is then : whatever the source of these things captured on picture or the experiences people had - why do these things happen in reputedly 'haunted' locations but not in Tescos?

There will never be an answer of course that will satisfy people - but, hey, isn't it the journey rather than the destination thats important? To me it is ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hazarding a guess i'd say tescos wasn't "haunted"
and that those places that are reputed to be "haunted" are really possibly probably "haunted" :wink:

should i prepare for the onslaught???????? :wink: :wink:

everybody experiences their own things and makes their own decisions at the end of the day.....and i will never try to change that on anyone... :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:05 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Yes jay but because people get these "orbs" on cam it has not been proved that they are ghosts or spirts some that look weird have been proved to me nothing more than something to do with the camera.
To me i need to see/Experience a few things all at the same time for me to even think about it been paranormal activity:

1. Tactile - This is when people feel they are been touched and know/prove that it wasnt spiders or a draught sometimes they can even be scrached or pushed etc
2. Ole Factory - Very unusual smell, maybe cigar smell when there is no reason for that smell to be anywhere in that area, Smells of aftershaves, Perfumes, Flower Smells even Eggy smells which has said to be signs of Ghosts etc
3. Sound - Sounds like Footsteps, Moaning and groaning, banging, knocking or tapping to responses, but most can be proved logical.
4. Vision - Actually seeing something , not in your mind but Actually Physical infront of you.

As u say some people are happy to say they had an experience and its comfirmation for them but how do you know its not just in your head. Only way to find out if people come up with stuff is to prove it by checking out names, dates etc but then how do we know that person didnt get it on the internet or maybe they have been told about it before or read it somewhere but then forgot all about it (As i have mentioned it in a Previous post about the memory Storage) For confirmation as u call it is not proof there is such things as ghosts etc its only for u that u think that.
Where if myself or someone got all 4 things together which could happen if it is all true then this is what i want and if its true maybe i will in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:24 pm 
The Ferryman

Andrea wrote:
Yes jay but because people get these "orbs" on cam it has not been proved that they are ghosts or spirts some that look weird have been proved to me nothing more than something to do with the camera.

I agree - but again the question has not been answered and science always dodges this .. WHY at The Keep but not at Whitworth Hall, my house or Tescos do these 'orbs' show up?

As I said - to me they are dust or camera glitches - but that explanation doesn't answer the question I've now asked 3 times here and on a few other posts on here ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm 
A Stiff

For me the Keep is psychologically haunted if that makes sense. You can picture in your head people running about, being punished, fighting battles, living their lives and dying. The various rooms all have a story to tell.

Those centuries old stone walls must have seen and absorbed loads of energy over hundreds of years. When we visit, the visual effect of the place kicks in but surely somewhere in us senses the history. If the walls can release energy (a kind science has yet to discover) and this is in the form of orbs that only appear under fluorescence, then this leads to whether this energy is spiritual or just - empty energy.

I'd like to think it was spiritual - but if these are, why can they not acknowledge us or answer our requests when asked to? But then again, are they trying to but can't and the occasional flash or glimpse is all they can muster?

What if they are in a frequency where they can't see us either! We assume standing in the dark, calling out, that spirits are within our vocal/visual range - we could be miles off and they are oblivious to the whole investigation! Maybe you should try calling at different frequencies if there is equipment capable of doing that!

For all we know the spirits could all be singing and dancing in the very dark, cold and empty room we are all standing in, frustrated at their lack of co-operation!

TC :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:19 am 
Stone Thrower

but we've had responce to "call outs" before, spirit can hear us.... they are on a higher vibration than us, they are energy which is why we cannot see them (unless sensitive), when we can or do see a ghost it has to slow its self down to our level, and can make its self known in which ever form it chooses............... pls note this is my thoughts :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
Andrea wrote:

I agree - but again the question has not been answered and science always dodges this .. WHY at The Keep but not at Whitworth Hall, my house or Tescos do these 'orbs' show up?

As I said - to me they are dust or camera glitches - but that explanation doesn't answer the question I've now asked 3 times here and on a few other posts on here ..

My answer to that would be that there was simply more dust and possibly more moisture in the air at the keep.

Replicate the exact conditions at your house, or say tesco's and hey presto a bunch of pictures of dust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am 
A Stiff

sue wrote:
but we've had responce to "call outs" before, spirit can hear us....

Or was it mere coincidence that something happened when you called out and not paranormal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:56 am 
Stone Thrower

well it could well be the case Lee, that is why i always ask for them to do it again if its them, for confirmation...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 pm 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:
Jay wrote:
Andrea wrote:

My answer to that would be that there was simply more dust and possibly more moisture in the air at the keep.

Replicate the exact conditions at your house, or say tesco's and hey presto a bunch of pictures of dust.

But that doesn't work out that way - A few weeks back we were at Bolton Castle near Richmond - not only a castle, old and dusty, but it was raining for a part of the night .. there was an indoor and outdoor section and there wasn't any real paranormal history to the place like with The Keep.

My result? No dust orbs or moisture orbs at all ... and given everyone sends me all photos - none from anyone else either.

Now I'm just playing devils advocate here .. Yes, to me, there is a perfectly rationale explanation for 'orbs' and other pictures that seem 'funny' .. 99% of them anyways.

But its something that I've noticed in my years of doing this - at the real 'haunted' places you get the 'funny' photos - at the places your not quite sure are 'haunted' beforehand - you don't.

TCs answer above is a good one and makes sense - but with residual energy like that, doesn't that come under the umbrella of paranormal activity and we can drop the '' from haunted? (in one sense?!?!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next