It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Newcastle Keep Revisited
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

Tonight, Northern Ghost Investigations is returning to the Castle Keep in Newcastle.

This time N.G.I has the pleasure of taking some of the forum members with them, hopefully it will be a night to remember for all of them.

The Castle stands on a steep sided promontory overlooking the River Tyne. It is a readily defensible site which has been occupied for nearly 2000 years.
Flint flakes and a stone axe head found in archaeological excavations hint at prehistoric activity.

So it should be an interesting night for both N.G.I Team members and the lucky forum members.

Check back here for the Investigation report later on next week.

In all, something to look forward to and we're sure you'll find something very interesting to read.

Happy Ghost Hunting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

well i enjoyed last night and the guests were great! -- loved the seance too and a big thanks to our guests, and fay for leading such a good seance :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:49 pm 
Stone Thrower

Can i ask a big favour to who-ever was at the Castle Keep last night (guests too) if you have anything on your pics that u think is paranormal (orbs etc)or good footage, would you do us a big favour and send them on to us, any pics can be emailed to either myself or kris, the reason im asking is we are re-newing the board n the ghosty side of things that the public read when visiting during the day.......so id like to get a collection of as many good pics as poss, and also if you personaly experienced anything good that you feel may be a good read for ppl please foward it onto me (team too)..............then we can get some good stories put together along with our group reports etc for the board

Thanks Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

any video footage would be gratefully recieved as well.... if you do have any and are willing to share just get in touch.... many thanks......

and i'll say it too a big thanks to all the guests that joined us at the keep.... :wink:

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:21 pm 
A Stiff

Apart from the photo's the video footage i shot never had anything on it and the footage of the seance ended up being a movie of the back of a chair .. :lol:

:(

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:17 am 
Stone Tape Recording

Can I say it was great to meet Forum members! Wayne :) Beth :) and the rest of ya's and Steven who was in your team :) and Claire and company :) lol Hope to see you in the near future. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:23 am 
Part-Time Investigator

Well i had a brilliant night, although the room downstairs that me and Andrea were in had me ready to run! :shock: lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:30 pm 
A Stiff

If anyone wants to see the picture of the spirit lady i took in the queens chamber let me know by pm i will try to get all who want to see her a good copy of the picture sent over.I would like everyone to see her as it is a remarkable photograph.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:51 pm 
The Ferryman

The version you sent me isn't a bad version .. can clearly see something is there behind the curtain and rail - which rules out the usual dust explanation.

I'll post a version here for people to see ..

Double click the main image to see it full size ..

And Zoomed In ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 pm 
A Stiff

cool jay glad the picture got there without distorting.

If you zoom in closer you can clearly see the face. :)

8)

Post subject: The Keep
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:15 am 
Scaredy Cat

It was really good to meet you all on Saturday night and put names to forum faces. Very friendly and a pleasure to be with - thank you. Orbione's photo is interesting definately, I took over 50 photo's that night about 4 of which were in the same area as Ok's, did I get anything interesting on mine.......no! Did I see/sense anything.......no!
Am I disappointed - yes, disheartened - yes, do I want to give up after one try! NO I'll keep trying because I need to know, I want to believe that there is something esle, ghosts/spirits if you like, but without seeing, senseing or feeling something it is hard to believe. Do you know what i mean?
Anyway, Jay do you do season tickets for the investigations, think i might need one! Guess next time if I want to see something paranormal I'll have to put on my spectracles !
Sorry!
Thanks again for having us and hope to see you soon.
TTFN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 am 
Stone Tape Recording

Hey there :)

Yeah it was cool to meet ya too. Im sure we will see you next time :wink:
Sometimes i go through stages where i think to myself What is the point of doing this? lol Personally of course I kinda go to these places expecting not to sense or see anything as im a sceptic but at the same time hope that i do or others do especially guests who come along. But at the same time This is why I do this to prove to myself that I am right to be a sceptic.
Glad you enjoyed it though and it was cool working with you in the same team. :)

Post subject: The Keep
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:49 am 
Scaredy Cat

Hi Andrea
Yeah it was good working with you all and I did enjoy it even if it was uneventful for me, but at least the others seemed to be connecting with something, which was interesting.
Look forward to the next one.
TTFN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 am 
Stone Thrower

dont give up yet ghost rider! some times ppl can expect too much, Im just sorry to hear u didnt experience anything....................maybe next time tho eh? yep deffo good to meet ya though. (season tickets) -- ha I like that one!!!! lol -- we'll keep u updated :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 pm 
Someone We Know

crickey sue, 6.40am???

was a really good night I agree, the only problem was the time just flew by :cry:

hope to see you all soon, have to say you are all a nice friendly bunch.

claire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:52 pm 
Stone Thrower

lol claire -- well u know what they say, "early bird catches the worm" lol

tbh -- the timing on forum is an hour behind, so really it was 7.40am :wink:

well we'll have to get another guest ivest sorted asap esp for u lot that came to keep :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Orbione kenobie wrote:
cool jay glad the picture got there without distorting.

If you zoom in closer you can clearly see the face. :)

8)

Not so sure I can see a face there, but it is a great anomoly.

It looks like it is behind the curtain rail and also passing through it!!!

I keep looking but cannot see a face. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:14 pm 
Stone Thrower

yep it does look like its behind rail................ i do like this pic...............maybe try abit pic reading on it??????? -- any-one wanna try? lol

Jay can u also put the pic lee got on here too? -- thats another good one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 am 
A Stiff

Can anyone actually see this side on face view looking to the left or is it just me, the eye is just below the rail to the left of the picture,It's not as clear as the original obviously.

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:48 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Yup ive looked at this all i see is a white smudge that could be the Spectrum light from the camera flash reflecting of the rail. I have seen these pictures before. This is what i think it is. People will see what they want to see and if it was what people believe it to be then we would all see the face or whatever it is people think is there and of course as it has been proved with a Picture taken at manhattens if a person mentions what they say others will see the same thing as u get a Picture of that in your head. Its like the smoke pics people will see what they want to see.
Good Picture though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Orbione kenobie wrote:
Can anyone actually see this side on face view looking to the left or is it just me, the eye is just below the rail to the left of the picture,It's not as clear as the original obviously.

Nope, I see a ball of light, nothing in it or on it.

I also dont think its a reflection, it just does not look right to be a reflection.....its not bright enough for one

Definately no features on the anomoly, and certainly nothing that looks like a face or a face in profile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 pm 
The Ferryman

Andrea wrote:
Yup ive looked at this all i see is a white smudge that could be the Spectrum light from the camera flash reflecting of the rail. I have seen these pictures before. This is what i think it is. People will see what they want to see and if it was what people believe it to be then we would all see the face or whatever it is people think is there and of course as it has been proved with a Picture taken at manhattens if a person mentions what they say others will see the same thing as u get a Picture of that in your head. Its like the smoke pics people will see what they want to see.
Good Picture though.

Lol .. Andrea .. its BEHIND the rail and besides, the rails are probably wood :D - if you can't see that then you need to take your tunnel vision specs off and stop grasping for straws .... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:

Lol .. Andrea .. its BEHIND the rail and besides, the rails are probably wood :D - if you can't see that then you need to take your tunnel vision specs off and stop grasping for straws .... :wink:

In Andrea's defence:
Yes the rail does look to be wood, and it does appear to be reflective if you look at the left hand side of the picture, the rail is clearly reflecting the flash. Must have some sort of gloss finish to it.

However, that does not explain what the anomoly is. And why there would be a different type of reflection at that point.

I think this warrants some expert verification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:29 pm 
Stone Thrower

Orbione kenobie wrote:

when i first looked at the pic I couldnt make any face out, however i sat and "opened" my eyes abit more and YES I did see a face (eyes under the rail) -- only looks more male than female to me???? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:09 pm 
The Ferryman

Anth wrote:
In Andrea's defence:
Yes the rail does look to be wood, and it does appear to be reflective if you look at the left hand side of the picture, the rail is clearly reflecting the flash. Must have some sort of gloss finish to it.

An ever so slight reddish tint on a couple of the rings in the forefront and a white-ish glow on the left.

Now - I'm not saying its a 'ghost' or anything of the sort - and it needs further analysis I agree - but once again its the usual "something similar happenned in 1943 in a photo once and so that explains it" sceptical statement and it doesn't cut it with me.

Whatever it is, it is plainly behind the rail and the curtain, with a 'glow' to it itself or a camera effect showing infront of the rail - but the 'whatever' is clearly behind and obscured by the rail and curtain ... Which rules out the anomaly itself being a camera artifact, dust or a reflection from the rail.

I've got nothing against trying to find a rationale explanation, but to ignore the photographic / physical evidence to fit in with ones own belief system like many scecptics do is worse than the Creaky Floorboard brigade thinking its dead Aunty Doris.

Last edited by Jay on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next