It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Post subject: RUNES
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:54 pm 
Stone Thrower

Thought Id "copy n paste" this for you to read and comment...........

WHAT IS RUNES?

One of the ancient characters which were used for the ancient inscriptions are the runes. These were largely used for various other purposes in the ancient times. Later they were banned and restricted from their use. After this, people started using runes by hiding them and also in secrecy. But only in Scandinavia it persisted for long.

Runes were used to cast magic spells for various purposes.

Runes are referred to as ancient and olden characters which are used in Anglo-Saxon, Teutonic and Scandinavian civilizations which are present on different ancient inscriptions. Different people have different approach towards the meaning of runes. Asking six different people about runes would reveal six different answers. It is also defined as a method to understand our lives in a much better way and also to out to grow in lager way. This would take a great toll as we try to understand our lives more deeply.

The word rune was extracted from the Anglo-Saxon word which was used in the meaning of secret of mystery.

Runes were used mostly by the East Goths. These people are regarded to have been originated from Helleno-Italic writing and they were extremely used throughout North Europe, England, Iceland, Ireland and Scotland until Christianity was established. After this era, these runes were loathed and were regarded as a pagan practice. Due to this very reason, the use of runes became abandoned, discontinued and discourages. In many places it was used in secrecy without the knowledge of many. Even rune village was known in many parts which used rune words for casting spells for all types of purposes.

In some places like Scandinavia the use still persisted after the Middle Ages. In this place, free rune reading was used for manuscripts as well as inscriptions. Writing was considered to be an important aspect in the earlier times as it was regarded much more important and serious than today. This word were not only used for communication purpose but also was full of magical power.

Rune reading was referred to as strongly used spells that was aimed at making someone love you, making your enemy impotent or even for the death of a person. The magic or the spell was made much more effective by writing the runes which was accompanied by a whisper or chanted prayer or even curse which was also known as rune. For a while runes just disappeared out of anything but now it has got revival and regained its power.

Nowadays runes are considered to be important symbolic representations which are regarded as divine ones. They are considered similar to Tarot which assists you in knowing about the future as well as the past and it also lets you to understand more about your lives and beliefs that existed among your ancestors.

Psychic abilities are those which are present within each and every person. Always try to develop those to yield better results in your own life. As it is always said that practices makes a man perfect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:47 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i used to have some runes, i've gone and orderd myself some more because i used to enjoy using them :wink:

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am 
A Stiff

I had these many years ago late 80's i found them fairly easy to use but i can't for the life of me remember whatever happened to them .

http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/mind_body ... _anniv.htm

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:06 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i remember i had some in a red pouch when i was younger

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:46 pm 
Stone Thrower

yeah and now you have some more Kris, Im sure you can try them out on me? lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:24 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yes my runes have actually arrived and i will have to get back into the swing of things again...you can be my first victim *cough* i mean subject if you like sue :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:41 pm 
Stone Thrower

yeah ok, then ya can find afew more victims off the forum eh? lol, Once ya get back into it that is lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:44 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yeah no problem but you can be the test subject till i'm back in the swing of things...
as anyone else any views on runes etc?

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:01 am 
Stone Tape Recording

There seems to be lots of ways to "Tell Fortune" or to assist with people who are making big decisions in their lives and need a bit extra assistance. As you know im not really a believer in Tarot Cards, Runes, Tea Leaves all the "Fortune Telling Tools". I do find them as a form of entertainment as in a game. get all your friends together have a laugh and do some readings. your life is what you make of it and u choose your own roads you go down. A lot of people do take these very serious and of course like everything that is entirly upto them. Years ago they used to say only people with powers can read for people but nowadays you can buy Tarot cards, Runes in book shops and even get magazines what show you how to read them. Again they are something which i guess is not always understood and do they really work? Hmm guess its a personal view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

I kind of agree with andrea.

The power of these things comes down to the person being read. If they beleive then certain circumstances can fit.

Personally I liken it to using a dice to make a decision. Nothing mystical about it. 1-3 I turn left 4-6 i turn right. Its all chance.

what does interst me though is the ancient history of things like runes, they have been part of human mysticism for hundreds perhaps thousands of years. Obviously the better you know the person you are reading for the more accurate your predictions could be.

Tarot cards:
I've had fun with these, but what confuses me is that there are so many ways to do the reading. The placement of cards all mean that they can have different meanings.
One reading I had done, placed the tower in a future place. Now the reading I got was the tower meant total destruction in my future.
Odd I know, but obviously I am going to die, theres no more total destruction than death, and my death will be in the future. Nothing mystic about that. But sometimes I have to question, was the placement of the card as random as it seems, or, was there a higher meaning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:46 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

yea! My sister had some when she was going through her time of believing in all this. You are right Anth people who do believe will maybe try and fit what they have been told into their lives or something in their past, present or even future. I know that the death card can mean Re-Birth, maybe a new start or new direction lol Emperess is a strong woman figure in a persons life and the Emperor would mean a strong presence of a man in a persons life. They are interesting but i still stick to what i say that they are nothing more than a game, maybe years and years ago they were took much more serious maybe even speaking of witch craft of some sort not sure. But i do think nowadays they are a card game and nothing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:55 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

oh andrea!! :wink: :lol:
lol, they are defintily not a card game, they could be classed as communication tools....... its what i mainly use them for, definitily not for predicting the future though, maybe some people will disagree with me on that point but i can't really understand that part, but for me tarot, runes etc are just tools to communicate with the spirits :wink: :lol:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:01 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

Well thats your view on it and thats cool but tell me what about the people who actually go for readings maybe even off some "so called good medium or whatever" then why do they not get anything good.
I still believe thats its not really a tool to communicate with spirits or whatever i still think its a game where people are a bit wary of because of what they have been told etc. But each to their own! I cant prove they are rubbish and no one can prove they are not! Maybe sometimes they seem to work for people sometimes they dont!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:10 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

fair enough andrea, lol, i personnally use them as a communication tool, i have had readings done for me before too and for me personally i have related to what has been said to me.....

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:19 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

The Problem is someone you know gives you a reading as of course they are going to know a little bit about you. but each to their own.
People are always gonna have different views on these types of discussions and i do respect all even though i may not agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

ahh but it was someone who i had never met before, no one else knew me.... :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:28 pm 
Stone Tape Recording

ok but at the same time it has been mentioned on here before that someone may want to believe something that much that they will make certain things which they are told fit in with their lives etc esp people who have recenty lost someone and go and see a reader or somewhere else, they will believe anything as they are in an emotional state this i guess is the problem i have with this type of thing. im not saying it happend to you or u did this at all but it could be for some people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:34 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

no i can understand what you are saying mate, i went while i was an open minded sceptic, i actually said to myself i doubt i will get anything or relate to anything... i guess maybe it does depend on who is doing the reading, a genuine person or a none genuine person :wink:

anyway we are moving away from the orginal post.....runes lol :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK