It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Post subject: Ghost hunt of a haunted house
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Do ghosts really exist? Melanie Wallwork went on a ghost hunt to a haunted Lancashire house with a team of experts to find out.

....As we moved to the next room, Angela's mood distinctly changed. "A woman was sexually assaulted in this room. It smells of alcohol, but strangely enough not smoke. I don't think women were treated with much respect in this room and it makes me very angry." Twelve people claim to have seen the ghost of a man in this room, which used to be a bar.

Next, we went down the corridor to one of the hall's many priest hides. This is a chimney shaft where priests had to hide during the Reformation. As we peered inside, we all heard a tapping noise from the next room. We went to investigate but there was no-one there, and nobody in the rest of the house.

As we moved upstairs, the mood seemed to lift. "This is where the ghosts of children tend to be seen." Adele said. Angela agreed, saying: "I can hear laughter and playing, there's a boy standing behind me, he's about 15 and he's got a cheeky grin and is quite good looking."

Adele says her family is not fazed by living in a haunted house. Daughter Beccy claims to have witnessed supernatural activity and Adele says she talks to the spirits. "I've had many sightings of a lady at the top of the grand staircase, whom I call Lily. I say hello to her on a regular basis but she's yet to reply!"

Adele and Jason are currently writing a book called Lancashire: The Ghost Zone, featuring spooky stories, that will be out this Halloween.

The most interesting part of the night came at the end when Angela used her pendulum crystal to contact the spirits. "I ask my pendulum questions and it will rotate clockwise for yes and anti-clockwise for no."

When asked if she had anything to do with its movement, Angela said: "I can guarantee it's nothing to do with me. You don't want to fool yourself or mislead other people. The degree of the movement depends on the severity of the energy in the room."

Angela began by asking: "Crystal, will you communicate with me tonight?" The crystal promptly answered 'yes'. My eyes were straining trying to see if Angela was responsible for the movement, or if she was indeed communicating with the afterlife.

It was moving in a sizable circle and, unless there was some Paul Daniels-style trickery involved, it looked quite convincing. She then asked: "Is the spirit of Elvis Presley here?" The crystal then seemed to slow itself down and change direction, to answer 'no'.

I then got my turn to ask the crystal some questions and I'm apparently getting married in 2008, news to me!
So are we alone in this world? I don't think so, but then again I also believe in flying saucers and little green men. I'm glad in a way that I didn't actually see anything paranormal but I definitely got the feeling that we weren't alone.