It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Post subject: Haunted Teesside
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hi everyone, I came across your site during a google search on the books Haunted Middlesbrough and Haunted Stockton - the reason for this is because I am working with the History Press to compile the latest book in the 'Haunted' series, which is to be titled Haunted Teesside.

After reading reviews for the previous titles, I do not want to fall into the same trap as their authors seem to have, which appears to be not enough emphasis on the paranormal. Luckily for me, I am a paranormal investigator turned author rather than the other way round, so I should be able to strike a good balance between the history and the hauntings.

I am putting out the feelers for locations that people would like to see covered that were perhaps missed out or not done justice to in the other books, and any stories that people would like to contribute about lesser known hauntings within the TS postcode.

There will of course be some crossovers with the other books, as Stockton and Middlesbrough are both in Teesside, but I hope to cover new ground, whilst revisiting the more 'famous' locations with a fresh perspective.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly welcomed :)
Thanks in advance,
Rebecca.

Post subject: Re: Haunted Teesside
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm 
The Ferryman

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the site. I've got the books you mentioned and agree with the issues that you've raised, although 'Haunted Stockton' is far better than 'Haunted Middlesbrough' in my opinion, if you ignore the typos ;)

I'm sure we should be able to help you out as we've already done for a couple of authors in the past. I'll put out a request in our 'secret' area. wahaha!

You may have noticed that this forum has been pretty quiet of late, that's because it all seems to happen in our Facebook Group now, which is a shame as I like forums. If you've got a Facebook account and want to pop over to chat or advertise for information for your book, here's the linkā€¦.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/49883968624/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Thanks, I have joined the FB group (which it looks like you have just approved!)

Yeah, I like forums. More old school :) I will ask on the facegroup group also, thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 pm 
The Ferryman

no worries. Just keep in mind that not everyone who posts in the Facebook group is connected to NGI. I only mention it as there's so much bullshit talked in this field, as I'm sure you know).

Do the places have to have a TS postcode?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Haha yeah, I have experienced quite a bit of bullshit first hand unfortunately - just looking for leads and requests at this point. I am already planning on using some places I have investigated in the past, but it seems people were disappointed by Haunted Middlesbrough in particular, and I want to try and rectify that!

I will conduct my own research rather than just retell the stories conveyed to me, and if it aint spooky/ legit enough to pass my standards then it aint going in the book!

Yes, the places must have a TS postcode - going to stay true to 'Teesside' rather than saying Im going to write about Middlesbrough and then whacking in a few stories about Yarm/ Stockton etc as it has been done in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm 
The Ferryman

no worries, sounds like a fine plan.