It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Post subject: Advise needed
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 am 
Scaredy Cat

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if some one could offer some advice.
The house i live in has a ghost/ haunted. I don't know who it is or why it's here. Both I and my partner have experienced things happening. He has seen figures - I have not...yet. Things have moved mid air etc. I have looked in to the history of my house through the archives as it's not particularly old as I'm curious as to why us or the house.
I'm trying not to put too much personal info on here. I have been in bed and felt someone or something staring at me to the point i have had to get up out of bed. I was up twice last night as I was woken by loud noises in my bedroom and my partner had fell asleep downstairs and saw shadows. He does not like to talk about it. The figure he saw was a lady , the face could not be made out it was blurred but she had a long gown and shoulder length hair. The house is not that old so I'm baffled , the reason as to why I'm posting is the occurrences are more frequent , not just at night but daytime. I have lived here some years now. I have ruled out other explanations or possibilities for doors opening on their own etc , the noises , footsteps , things moving , my animals barking and growling at nothing etc. There are so many things happening I cant type it all down. Any advice.

Post subject: Re: Advise needed
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am 
Site Admin

The only advice we can give is to remain calm.

You say you have ruled out other factors for these events, just how did you do that?

What geographical area are you based in?

What kind of noises are you hearing?

How long have you lived in your house?

Have you noticed any pattern to the occurences?

Please remain calm, keep a dairy of the happenings and be assured you can contact us in the strictest of confidence via our email address:
admin@northern-ghost-investigations.com

Hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards
Anth
NGI Team member.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 am 
The Ferryman

Hi

Welcome to the forum. It does sound like you have a lot going on there.
Looks like Anth was penning you a reply the same time as me and advising the same thing. Here's my view anyway.

Every case is very different so it's very hard to offer much advice without looking at things in more detail. Should you wish to discuss things confidentially please drop us a line at: admin@northern-ghost-investigations.com and we can take it from there.

In the meantime just try and relax and get on with things alike normal as best as you can. I know this sounds like a tall order as these things can be pretty unnerving, but this has proven to help matters in the past. Also try not to attribute every little little odd thing that happens to the 'ghost' as it is an easy trap to fall into and we've seen it countless times before.

Keep in touch.
Mark NGI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:09 am 
The Ferryman

Hi Tisme, we've just noticed that you've been getting 'advice' from other forums too. The field of paranormal investigation is completely unregulated which means any crackpot can declare themselves an expert and start dishing out advice. As soon as people start talking of 'oppressive hauntings' and bringing faith into things alarm bells should start to ring. No serious investigators worth their salt should be jumping to such conclusions and to voice them to you shows a total lack of ethics on their part.

Despite what people say, there are no experts in this field and you should be very wary of people who claim to have all the answers.