It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 am

Post subject: I have a question...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am 
Underworld Minion

Why do people come to mediums for advice and with questions about which direction to go with thier own life?

I had to make a big effort at Carlisle to leave Ralph alone hehehe cos I wanted to sit and ask him loads of questions but not about what to do with my life.....I mean questions about his experiences and thoughts and views on stuff etc...have a good debate/discussion etc!

But I dont get why people want outside interference/help in everyday things....matters of the heart etc???
Surely is 'spirit' is truly interested in 'helping' then they will be encouraging people to seek these answers from themselves and learn to trust themselves etc.

Thats one big thing Ihave when doing my therapies....and I've got into shit with people and tutors for it but its how I work and I stand by it every time!
basically anything I do its got fuck all to do with me.....all I'm doing is carrying out whatever therapy I'm doing to the best of my ability with the client to enable them to be in the best position for themselves to deal with whatever it is that they've an issue with etc.
Its got fuck all to do with me....all I'm doing is using a 'tool' from my ever increasing 'toolkit' which I feel is the best 'tool' to help them realise thier own potential....to encourage them to realise they have the power of themselves and thier own lives etc...
And when they say ''ooooh this (whatever therapy) and you (me as therapist) have helped me so much'' I always point out that its not me.....its them etc!!!

So to me all the 'messages' side of it I just dont get.....cos to me this is taking away from people realising they can do it all themselves etc ,its encouraging them to seek external verification/approval etc and actually doing the opposite of whats intended even though I know this isnt the intention!

This is just my thing........I'd love for someone to explain it differently to me so it makes sense and I can see its me whos got my interpretation of it wrong etc....cos contry to popular belief I actually want to be proven wrong....not right most of the time hehehehehe!!!

Post subject: Re: I have a question...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:20 pm 
The Ferryman

I'm with you on this one .. I'm of the view that all the answers are inside ourselves and don't need anything from the outside as you could then just end up living the life that others want you to live.

Ok, nothing wrong in talking with someone (anyone) just for a different perspective - but ultimately, we should do what we feel is right - and if even others think its "wrong", its not - its right because its your decision and choice and thats all that matters.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 am 
Stone Thrower

Im a bit confused on what you mean by advice off mediums?? mediums are there to try to prove life after death, our guides are the ones who are meant to guide us on the right path.... a medium might turn round and say "watch out for a pain in your left leg" (for example) -- but that to me would be just to confirm things for that person who the message is for?? Also things seems different from an outsider point of view (spirit) they can probs see what is going to happen if you stay on the path your on -- if they think change is best then they would say that (but thats more like working with tarot, offering advice) --its simply just like asking your best mate for advice I guess, people do that dont they :D

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

tarot in the draws now sue :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 am 
Underworld Minion

so a conman/woman says to you that you have a pain in your left side (which you actually do and this is obvious to any observer who was looking for such a thing) and this would be proof to you that spirit/life after death exists etc????I hope I'm confused there Sue hehehehehehe!!!!

Mates do offer advice all the time and they do it for free.......plenty of mediums getting either money or other things from giving this 'advice' or 'proof' .........

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:23 am 
Stone Thrower

lol Claire -- no wot I meant was --infact I dont even know myself wot I mean lol, i will read it all again -- are we taking false mediums here? like those taking money off people claiming to be a medium?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 am 
Stone Thrower

pam-ngi wrote:
tarot in the draws now sue :roll: :wink:

why Pam? Saying that -- mine have been too since I was preg i felt a million miles away from any of this tarot / spirit etc --- only lately i dragged my cards out and it just didnt feel right.... I really dont want to use them now -- weird like -- so I done a lil spread for one of the lasses on the forum -- I just felt i had to, just drawn to her post asking for a reading.. so I pm'd her n explained -- look Ive never used them for ages -- dont feel connected to them that much... but I did feel i had to for u, I said tell me if you dont understand any of it -- cause I dont know weather just to stop using them.. anyway she said she cud understand most of it =-- reading was canny spot on -- but still I dont feel right with them anymore ... dunno wot to do.. I am trying not to use them tbh... but I still gotta do another reading for some-one else -- cause I promised ages ago, otherwise I wudnt be

so why u not using yours? I never forget that one u done for me -- then kris and it was nearer enough same cards turned over but last one diff -- that was well weird :D (ee my kids still go on about u rubbing ur hands together in the house that time) that was well funny lmao

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm 
Underworld Minion

I'm talking all mediums/sensitives sue, deliberatly fake genuinely deluded etc etc etc and not just for money, plenty of fkaes/deluded people out there who dont charge, some people get a lot of things from this other than money........

glad u didnt mean that tho sue hehehehehe didnt think u did hehehehe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:19 pm 
Professional Investigator

I had the same message from two different mediums on the same aspect of my life. It was too odd not take note. I also needed that guidance so I don't really see a problem with it. they were both people I trusted. One of them was using tarot and eneded up saying to me, "You are reading these cards yourself why did you come for a reading." She ebded up telling me to give her a reading but I wasn't too confident as I had only done it for friends before and I got one thing massively wrong, I thought the cards were indicating an ex lover... they weren't it was someone who had raped her. Ever had that feeling that your foot is so far in your mouth it'll never come out?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 am 
Someone Strange

Why do people seek out claimed psychics and mediums?

Purely for the fun of it.
They want confirmation with regard to something.
they need a reminder of the potential options.
They don't know what direction to take and want someone else to provide guidance.
All sorts of reasons. Whether they are rational or the best options or sources is debatable.

Why do people seek out therapists (of the non-medically or scientifically validated kind)?

Same as above.

Why do people seek out Drs or trained counsellors?

Same as above but with the difference they are dealing with people who will be more professional and more likely to be of real help to them but many are scared or phased at the prospect of taking what they may perceive as a larger, more formal step so go for something more esoteric.

All of the above 'providers' gain in some way, whether financially or in kind from what they do.

Why ask the question?
Why can't you empathise with those who may be your clients? Understanding why people seek help from you is a fundamental prerequisite in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 am 
Underworld Minion

Agreed with your reasons but also lots more ytou've not put too.
Also agree with the same regarding therpaists/doctors/councillers etc.
Yep course theres 'provider' gain.......we all 'get' things from what we do,whatever this is!

However what I'm specifically on about is the 'messages' side of things Hangedman, and the 'social' aspects (amongst other things) of peoples constant 'need' for constant external 'verification' .I asked the same question and had this conversation on my course, because obviously its all one and the same thing,however I dont think this is 'healthy'.

Therapists for this, councillors for that, 'readings', tv programmes giving 'advice' on everything from what to eat/dress/how to walk/talk to how to shit..........natural I question peoples 'need' for this and the 'gains' of the 'providers'..............

And thats the stuff we are aware of without going into the conditioning constantly being done at a 'subtler' (cough) level.

It seems 'fun' and 'harmless' until you look at how conditioned we are to constantly seek external verification/approval for everything.......
and of course the 'afterlife' is a fantastic 'tool' regardless of whether there is one or not.Like all tools though, in itself nothing, however the application is where the effectiveness comes from,and the 'afterlife' is one of the great 'control' tools used by most if not all societies,the constant 'dangled carrot',even to the atheists and 'scientists',who use this in its opposite application but basically its the same thing.

Aqualung - how did your friend react to your reading?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

now there you go,,i have gone to see a medium before, waste of time, but did come out with my mothes name?odd one to

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 am 
Underworld Minion

I believe we are constantly giving out 'information' all the time, its normal and natural that people can and will pick up on this for whatever reasons.

I think'the dead' have got fuck all to do with it though, its natural, its normal and we can all do it, however are not used to doing this/not aware of it etc that although people do do it naturally training in it, in whatever way,be it councilling,therapies,sales,nlp, mediumistic/psychic development stuff etc etc etc obviously,like anything can help people to do this in a way they recognise and can utelise for whatever purpose they want.

Nothing strange about it at all, I find it stranger that people think its 'strange' hehehehe!!!

But to me its got fuck all to do with the 'dead'.........its all about 'reading' full stop.......reading people,simple as that.
Some people,like with everything, have a natural flair for this (same as most people can run but some people have a natural flair for running and go on to be atheletes etc,or artists,musicians,architects,vets etc etc etc).

Like with anything, its the 'application' of this (not the thing alone) which has the 'effect'......people should be more aware that we all give off information constantly all the time in many different ways we're probably not aware of.....and that was all take in this info off other people too,even if we're not aware of it also, and stop thinking its some kind of 'amazing' thing, and use this to make their circumstances work for them, instead of against them, as seems to the case a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am 
Underworld Minion

Also to add that 'certain 'training' takes away from the natural abililtiy at times (depending on how its packaged,sold and interpreted byt the trainees) and this is a fuckin shame.......part of the same shite of the 'bigger picture' though innit.

As always, if people understand what they are doing, as oppose to just thinking its the 'method' and following this (how a lot of things are taught),then its a ray of sunshine in a dark little corner hehehehehehehe!!!