It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Post subject: A question for the sensitives amongst us...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:44 pm 
Someone We Know

First of all Forgive my ignorance, but you know how certain mediums have spirit guides, are these guides the same as the spirits the mediums are tryin to contact? If so, would it not be a good idea to ask a spirit guide to show themselves in order to obtain proof/evidence. I would've thought that they would be more willing to cause "phenomena" as there's already a relationship struck between medium/guide. Eg derek A/sam.
As I say this aint a topic I know too much about so any info greatfully rec'd :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:35 pm 
Professional Investigator

Well Stu in my opnion as im a sceptic and not sure if i believe in all this spirt guides etc is that we dont really know if they are real, mediums may think they are real but maybe they are just in the mind. If its true then i have seen certain mediums as im sure others have and if they are talking to spirit guides then surly they can tell us a lot more what we need to know like when we get cards read etc! I dont believe no one knows the answer, people can Think they know! good question thou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:25 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Spirit guide is your own guide, its around you all time and helps you. Also its unknown to you so basicly they would not show themself. Although some do.

Mediums have guides (dereck had Sam) these show themselves to mediums as they help control spirits that want to get through, like a doorsman/bodyguard.

Spirit guide and spirits there is a diffearance.

wolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:15 pm 
Stone Thrower

Yep Wolf i agree and there is also the fact we have to show our spirit guides abit respect as they are just normal people, who are not there to preform a show or do tricks for people on this side of life who do not believe in them, their job being our guide is to look after and guide us along our life paths and help make us take the right directions, not live our life for us and not convince ppl they are here. -- a guide could or would show themselves to the person only when either they want to or they think that person is ready to see their guide.......

Spirit however as Wolf says is different, this we could be talking "aunty betty" who died afew months ago -- could be wanting to let you know she is around and still knows whats going on in your life even tho she has past over - therefore she may try to let u know she is there by differnet ways eg: strange smell, noises, thoughts in your head, dreams you may have etc etc -- although its up to you if you listen to these "signs" she is giving you :wink:

Also its well known that it does take a hell of a lot of energy for spirit to form themselves into human form again and slow down their vibration to our level so we can "see" them with our "physical eyes"

Post subject: Guides
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:24 pm 
Someone We Know

Thanks for the info guys :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:14 pm 
Stone Thrower

lol no probs :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 pm 
This is what bothers me about mediums and spirit guides,lest not forget these s.guides are on the same side as them.
so why are they brill at first names like margaret,elizabeth,edward,george..you get the picture,but when it comes to surnames.........quite frankly,theyre buggered,whats hard about it.
do spirit guides have trouble with words over 8 letters long?
Dont forget,when you go to the otherside,all your faculities are supposed to be increased.
yes,ive read that its hard to communicate between different worlds,howcome the amnesia on surnames though?
I think the most singular stupid thing people say about the afterlife is..."they dont know they are dead"!!...bollocks!...when you die you are supposed to be enlightened,your faculties are heightened.......i think id know if i were dead,i havent been t'bog for 6months.
i know that sounds a bit arrogant,but just think.....if you wre dead say and you tried talking to your kids,but they werent responding......just like in real life.....youd know summat was up.
On a slightly 'romantic' note,if you died it would be on a similar par to patrick swayze in GHOST,youd be confused at first,then it would quickly dawn that youve died.
just a thought,can anyone imagine the thought that youve survived death....it must surely be one the greatest feelings that could be imagined........at least i will have a chance to find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 am 
Stone Thrower

I know what your saying Jinjo but about the surnames bit, look at it like this, if some-one rang your house for you and it wasn't you that answered the phone, who ever did answer the phone would ask "who is it" -- that person calling would say "its John" not its "John Smith" as they'd know you better than to have to give a surname, so if you are going to get a spirit message (like the medium being the phone line) you will know who they are by their first name, they wouldnt need to give their surname, if they did need to then they couldnt know you that well (friends or family) therefore problies wouldn't come through at all.

as for the "not knowing your dead bit", well tbh your right in what you say, I guess no-one would really understand untill were there too....... But I think it may be more to do with the fact of us accepting that we are dead, rather than not knowing........ those that dont accepted it and dont "go to the light" may become stuck or grounded because they will not or cant accept the fact that they are dead, which is why some need help to go to the light after reported haunting etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:54 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I'm sorry for not reading that entire post, Stu, but I read up to "Ask the spirit guide to show themselves".

From my experience that is never a good idea! I was probably about 12/13 when I first noticed anything 'paranormal' in my house (Specifically around me and my little brother, Jack). From what I could feel there were two different spirits, one of which was quite benevlolent and one... not so much. The malevolent ghost... now that wasn't a very nice spirit at all... quite the opposite. He would do anything he could to agitate me and annoy me (turning my computer off while researching paranormal anomalies etc.).

Anyway! One day (I was about 14/15 at this point), me and my girlfriend were sitting downstairs watching TV and I headed upstairs to take my guitar back up into my room. I went into my room and promptly had my CD Walkman thrown at me. I went crazy, I dropped my guitar and turned on my heel! Later on that night I went back upstairs and basically told him that I understand he is here, he didn't need to show it anymore, I was aware of his presence and he could stay as long as he liked... then every other spiritual being within a 50 mile radius decided to come and party at my house.

The moral of the story is this: If you ask a spirit to do absolutely anything, think ahead for the consequences. They're a lot more sensitive than we are and should be given that respect... they don't like doing these silly 'parlor tricks' if you will, pointless and uses up a lot of their energy (which is a valued commodity in the spirit world).

If you ask a ghost to manifest itself in any way, you're giving it permission to do what it wants... if you trust the spirit, I don't see an issue... but as I learned - how do you know it's the only spirit willing to manifest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:11 pm 
Stone Thrower

very good point there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

very interesting minstrel, good points raised too

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject: ask a question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:10 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi jinjo,not all mediums just come out with first names,i get quite a few second names,and have done on invests,so you can only here what they tell you,some astrals dont speak at all, they just throw things at you to let you no that they are there,and some will only breath in your ear,but you will always no that they are there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:44 pm 
Stone Thrower

sometimes I wish they would just show themselves then ppl who dont believe soon would lol -- but it doesnt work that way :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:05 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i wish i could get names i just get feelings, that time at whitworth hotel was amazing but i do wish i could get names and actually hear them

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject: A question for the sensitives amongst us
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 pm 
Scaredy Cat

In Thunderbird, Options, Security, Passwords, Saved Passwords allows you to manage saved passwords, including removing them so you will be asked for them again.

Since the new Eudora is based on Thunderbird, thats one place you might look, though I dont know if it will work.

Post subject: Re: A question for the sensitives amongst us...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:24 pm 
A Stiff

Random post there! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm 
Professional Investigator

Spirit guides?
Its an interesting and difficult area. I'm come across mediums who claim to have 30 of them and some are famous folk from the past and this seems ludicrous to me, then I've come across others who have one, and then there are other people I know who have no idea who there spirit guide is. I feel like I fit into this last group.
I think there are aspects of Derek Acorah's practice that is very different to other peoples. I feel like I need to be diplomatic about this so I won't spell it out. Spiritualist mediums that I know who have seen him perform live have told me that he is a very good 'showman'. Make of that what you will. The BBC outed him as a fake however.
Edgar Cayce I think denied spirit guides and reffered to them as 'the higher self' maybe this is all a spirit guide is, an aspect of yourself personified.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 am 
Scaredy Cat

Yeah, depending on your own beliefs spirit / higher self ... where ever the info comes from its all energies :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

very very true sue