It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:46 am

Post subject: My brother saved my son's life.....from the other side.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm 
Someone We Know

There are a lot of coincidences in my life, but this one is quite amazing. It reads as a saga because I think a lot of it is connected.

In 2003, my 29 yr old brother was diagnosed as having bowel cancer. The docs gave him six months to live. One of the things he wanted me to do, was to get him married to his long term girlfriend. I called the vicar, arranged everything. But he knew I couldn't be there as i'm housebound with agoraphobia. Have been for over twenty years. So I arranged it all and got him married within a few days, from his hospital bed. Three weeks later, he died. My family were totally devastated.

Fast forward three years. My son (who is the image of my brother) had been having headaches for three years. They'd started when my brother was ill. At first we put it down to school and computer games in his dark room. But when they continued, even at weekends, we tried to get something to help. He was taken to doctors, hospitals etc where they wouldn't do scans ''because they're £700 per scan'' and doctors couldn't find anything serious behind his eyes or anything.

June 29th 2006 I'd been awake for a few nights, having had him to the doctors three times in one day previously that week. I went in to check him. He was asleep in the usual position, hands over his head trying to squeeze the pain out. I came back into my room and sat down to play a game on the computer. I dropped something on the floor and bent to pick it up. Something caught my eye. I saw it move and turned slightly to see a full figure of a man, jet black and shiny (I call him the tar man) but he was solid. I couldn't see facial features but could see the gaps of light between his legs as he walked across my room. I was stunned. I wasn't frightened, just amused at what I thought was my imagination....he disappeared at the end of the room and it was then I thought 'whoa! did I really just see that?!'

The next morning, I got up to find my son sitting on the settee with his head in his hands. I kneeled down on the floor to see if he was ok, lifted his head and saw my brother staring back at me. I was totally shocked and frightened. I fell backwards off my honkers, jumped up and shouted to hubby I was calling an ambulance. I knew immediately this was serious and had to get him help NOW.

The ambulance arrived and my son was taken to hospital. They checked him over, said there was nothing wrong, and sent him home. I was fuming and panicking. I called them and told them he was seriously ill. They told me I was wrong and hung up on me. I called my GP and screamed down the phone my son was ill, to please get him scanned. I was told they couldn't make a house call because he was 16 and could come to the surgery. I was fuming. This went on, back and forth for the next few hours. Eventually I called the GP back and shouted I was going to SUE unless they did something quickly. Only then did I get a doctor who understood, she must have heard the genuine panic and realized this wasn't part of my anxiety. She told me she would arrange an ambulance and 'request' a scan was done. I broke my heart and thanked her....

At mid day, we got the call we were waiting for. My son had a 'massive brain tumor' and they were transferring him for immediate surgery to another hospital. That day was a blur. My husband went with him while I stayed at home. Three reasons we did it this way. Firstly because I'm housebound and couldn't handle leaving my home. Secondly because we have an older son who needed to be looked after. And thirdly because my youngest son would be going into surgery and if he woke and saw me standing there, he wouldn't have fought as hard as he did to survive....he would have given up because he knows i've never left my home. I spoke to the doctors at the hospital many times that day. Surgery was scheduled for first thing the following morning when an 'expert' would arrive from a different hospital. I was told I was 'very perceptive' by the doctors up there because if I hadn't gotten him in when I did, he would have died within three days...

The following morning my husband called. I held my breath as he shouted 'he's alive! He's gonna be ok!' we both collapsed in tears...my son went on to make a full recovery and although he has to have scans every year, so far things have been (I should say good but I'll say excellent as you'll see if you read on).

That should be the end of the story....but....two years later he met a girl and they became inseparable. I was still treating him like a baby, still watching his every move.....but I didn't see what was happening next.

In 2009 she came for a cup of tea and as we were chatting, I blurted out something without thinking. ''Are you pregnant?'' she stared at me. ''I dunno'' she replied. ''I think I might be.'' We had the tests done and yes, she was five months gone. We were all delighted. My first grandbaby. We were never expecting to see this day....she was due in July.

On 29th June, the anniversary of my son's diagnosis, I had them both here for dinner. I looked at the girl and something made me jump. She laughed and asked if I was ok. ''You're going into labour today....and you're having the baby tomorrow'' I told her. Again she laughed. As they were leaving, I told her to call me anytime during the night if she needed me. She did. An hour or so later she started labour. Lexie-Leigh was born the following day, 30th June 2010. My first grandbaby, a girl. I have four brothers and two sons, no sisters or daughters. So Lexie-Leigh is in more ways than one, a miracle to me. She shouldn't be here by rights. But she is. And she's perfect. This year she celebrates her second birthday with the news that she's about to have a little baby brother or sister. Her mammy just found out she's pregnant again :D

I do believe my brother came through to save my son's life. I believe he sent the black figure and because I wasn't taking notice, he put his own face into my son's the following morning to get the message across. It was him I was looking at that morning, and him who was telling me something was seriously wrong. And I genuinely think he was paying me back for getting him married and doing everything he wanted me to do before he died.

How's that for a true life spooky story? I can prove this all happened too as I had it put into the local newspaper :)

Post subject: Re: My brother saved my son's life.....from the other side.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

well that's an interesting story, of course he may have came back to try and warn you's about your son's illness but there is no concrete evidence that he did ( i am not saying i don't believe you) at least your son is healthy now and is leading a normal life.

you have had agoraphobia 20 years :shock: well i guess that is another story.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:44 pm 
Someone We Know

You're right Martin. It may not have been my brother. But I really do believe something or someone warned me. Maybe it was my own mind which created that figure? I know the mind is a strong thing and as yet, nobody has been able to determine what we're capable of. But it seems a coincidence it was to happen at that very time. Because if it hadn't happened, my son wouldn't be here today. Nor would my granddaughter.

I still can't explain how my son's face morphed into my brother's face though. Can the mind do that too? Possibly. There may be no concrete evidence to prove this did happen, but there's definite evidence SOMETHING gave me that warning :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:48 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Exactly it might not have even been your brother, that's the thing, if you went to a medium or something along those lines, i bet you they would of said its your brother when in fact it might not have been. if it was an entity it could of been the previous owner of the house, or someone else/thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm 
Someone We Know

You know Martin, I'm no psychic or medium but I did wonder if it was a previous tenant of the house. When I first moved in, I was getting 'flitting' across the top of the stairs, from my room to my sons room. I didn't understand it at first, because we have no roads out back where the window at the top of the stairs would have shown reflections from cars. This went on for some months. Then it stopped. And a new 'phenomena' took place. Someone looking round the corner of my bedroom door. All I could see was the head. I wasn't sure if it was just something in the corner of my eye until one day a friend was sitting on the stairs with me. She knew nothing about what i'd seen, when she jumped up suddenly and scrambled for the door. She'd gotten so much of a fright, she couldn't get the door open. Once outside she was shaking and crying. She told me she'd seen someone in my room, looking round the corner of the door. That confirmed to me I hadn't imagined it the few times I saw it. Then that one stopped and something else started. The whispy white shadows in the living room...

I did have a psychic medium tell me it was my brother. But the description he gave didn't match my brother. I just feel that these things are unrelated to each other. I feel there's different phenomena happening after the first event wears itself out, if that makes sense? I'd just like answers as to whether it's all really happening or it's just a tired stressed mind which causes it. Even though I wouldn't say I was constantly stressed ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Very interesting Venus3k3, if your friend seen the same thing then that ties in with what you kept seeing at the time, so i guess that means you were not seeing things. It is possible it is the previous tenant, do you know what happened to him/her?

another thing this 'head' was it just a shadow head or could you make facial features? its strange when this kind of 'phenomena' suddenly happens then stops quickly as it started.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 am 
Someone We Know

That's what i'm saying Martin. Not all of my experiences are only witnessed by myself. Others are seeing them too, which makes me think they must be happening.

I have no idea about the previous tenants. I know the guy who lived here before me wanted out pretty quickly. I thought at the time it was because he had bad neighbours but the neighbours here are all fantastic and I get on great with them. Unless of course they didn't like him? But none of them are trouble makers so I don't know why he wanted out fast. Of course, if he was seeing and hearing these things, he wouldn't have told me anyway eh?

I've had two experiences with 'heads'. One was the head at the top of the stairs which was skin coloured, no hair. I actually thought it was my husband because it was just like his head. He's bald and light skinned too. I couldn't make out any features though. Hard to explain but it was like a head shape and blurred facial features. I think if I'd squinted, i'd probably have been able to see what his face looked like.

The other 'head' was something I saw when I was relaxing one afternoon. I lay down and a few minutes after closing my eyes I saw this 'thing' come at me. It was purple/blue in colour, bald, but I saw it's features and it had no expression on its face at all. Completely blank. But it zoomed in right in front of my face and I opened my eyes and shouted for it to 'eff off!' within seconds it zoomed back out at an amazing speed and was gone. Know like if you watch something till it's just a tiny dot? Then disappeared but it all happened so fast. I guess that could be put down to imagination but it was so real at the time of it happening. This one only happened once, the other 'head' happened a few times...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am 
Part-Time Investigator

It is possible what ever is in your house may have spooked the last tenant, which kind of explains why he wanted to get out quick.

The other possibility is he just didn't like the house/ area in general. I can't explain the purple/blue encounter :shock:

You should try and dig some information about the tenants before him, or even ask your neighbors.

Has this 'head' phenomena stopped now or is it till on going?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
Someone We Know

The house is council and I called them a few years ago but was told they don't keep records of people who lived here or any events which took place. I did speak to a spiritualist church around the same time and the woman I spoke to said she'd had people calling from this same address years before but she didn't give me any details. But from what she told me, they were experiencing the same kind of thing. With living on a main road, I thought traffic fumes making us hallucinate? I've thought of everything I could to try and explain some of this. When my son was ill, it was a lot more intense. I even thought something was draining his energy to leave him so weak and that's the energy it was using to manifest itself into the 'tar man'.

The head thing has stopped now. Each different phase of things doesn't last long. I'd get one thing happening for a few weeks then it would stop and something else would start. It would go on for a few months then i'd get a break from it for a while. It's hard to explain but when these things were happening i'd get a sense of how severe it would be going by how clearly I could see the shadows, how loud the noises and footsteps were etc. I hadn't had any activity at all for months but recently the shadows have started again and they seem a little more clear than usual. Last week I was talking to my daughter in law on the mobile and as we were chatting, I heard what I thought was my husband rushing into the room, stamping his feet. I turned around to tell him off for trying to scare me, nobody there. I was stunned and my daughter in law asked what had just happened because she heard it too. Tonight I'd asked my husband to bring me up a cup of tea....I was sitting on my bed knitting, looking at the pattern when I saw from the corner of my eye, a figure. I thought it was my husband and I put my knitting down to take the cup from him. He wasn't there and whatever i'd just seen was gone. I could say that was just my eyes, but the stamping feet was heard by my daughter in law too and I can't be having fluctuating eyesight and hearing problems.

I was so convinced a few years ago I must be just seeing things that I had an optician check my eyes. He gave me an excellent report. The following year I thought it's got to be my eyes so I had another test done, same again, excellent. In fact he says my eyesight is 'brilliant' for a woman my age (I'm 43) so I knew it can't just be floaters in my eyes or failing eyesight.

See i've tried to work all these things out but still i'm left with no answers :/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

well what ever it is it doesn't appear to be any harm, also i wouldn't connect it to when your son was ill it was just probably a coincidence. that is my opinion but i could be wrong.

have you ever thought about leaving a video running over night in an active place?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:12 pm 
Someone We Know

I only have a short video recording device. Think there's only about an hours worth on there. And I don't know how to do the night vision thing lol. I have left a DVR (voice recorder) running before but it captures all kinds of noises, including hubby's snoring so I can't be sure any of that's genuine unless I'm awake and knowing what's being said at the time of the recordings. I have captured a few but don't think that's proof enough. Once I rubbed my hands on a hot water bottle by accident and it showed up on the DVR as some form of voice. Plus i'd feel stupid walking round my room talking to myself :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

hmmm, has your hubby had any encounters in your home?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm 
Someone We Know

A few but he's not a believer. The one I most remember is one night when we were both getting ready to settle down for the night. We heard someone walking up the stairs and he jumped up, threw open the bedroom door and ran down the stairs...opened the front door and ran out to see who'd been in our house. I ran round the rest of the house, checking rooms to see if anyone had got in. Nobody in the street or the house. But we both heard it and were convinced someone was there.

Another time i'd been watching a cupboard door because I was convinced it was opening slightly. I thought hubby was asleep. The door opened about an inch, I started telling myself someone had gotten into the house and was hiding in there till we went to sleep then would come out...frightening myself. The door then opened a bit more and I jumped up, freaked out. Hubby jumped too and turned the light on, ran to the cupboard and opened it, saw nothing in there. He left the light on all night because I was frightened. He tried to convince me it was my imagination. The next morning I was thinking about it and it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't even told him what had scared me. He'd ran straight to that cupboard door. I questioned him and he admitted he had seen it open, he just didn't want to tell me because i'd have been even more scared than I was.

But yes he has experienced stuff. I think he denies it because he doesn't want me to become scared of it. I'm not scared. Never have been. Unless something happens where one of us gets hurt, then i'll probably want to move...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 am 
Part-Time Investigator

well you sure have a fair few 'paranormal' events that has happened in your home, amusing that it is 'paranormal' that is causing this.

so the most activity you get is the sound of someone walking around? i have had this once at my grans house;

Basically i went of to visit her one morning, as i usually did. I was sitting with her at the table having a cup of coffee chatting away, then i hear someone walking around up stairs, i could clearly hear it as the floor boards creak a little and it was moving from room to room. I thought that it was my uncle Steven who looked after her and when i asked if he was up stairs she said no, he was actually out shopping. so i quickly went up stairs thinking someone had gotten in some how but there was nobody up there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 am 
Someone We Know

Hmm strange. See, I would put creaking floorboards down to just the house settling. If I heard the footsteps, that would be different. I'd think the same as you, someone was walking around.

Its not the footsteps that bothers me so much, its the flitting shadows. Of course, rational thinking would be to say we all get those at times from the corner of our eyes. But when they flit right in front of me, that's when I assume i've seen something. The most recent ones seem to be in colour :? not like the hazy see through things I've seen in the past. The one I saw yesterday was as if it had a white t-shirt on, the head was skin coloured and the bottom half was dark, hence me thinking it was my hubby standing there. The one previous to that (where I thought hubby had ran into the room stomping his feet and trying to frighten me) was like a zoom....too quick to see. Know when you see a car passing lamp posts and it trails? Kinda like that.

I just don't know what to think about most of the stuff that goes on here. It could ALL have a rational answer. Or it could be genuine. There's no concrete proof these things exist. It could also be that some of us have minds which create these things simply because we believe they exist. I mean, if I was to convince myself one foot is square and the other is shorter, it wouldn't be long before I'd be seeing that every time I looked at my feet! I would really love to know whether these things really are around though...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am 
Someone We Know

Also these things have gone on for years, not just recently....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

no it definitely sounded as if someone was walking around than just creaks by it self, but there could well be a number of explanations.

maybe you should get a team to investigate your home :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm 
Someone We Know

I had a team investigate a few years ago Martin and they found a couple things but they never got back to me with results so I was quite disappointed. I've thought about having it done again but don't think there's 'enough' here at the minute to capture any evidence. I'd rather wait till it starts up again properly. I've had a lull the last few months, not much going on. Until recently. Last night I was asleep when I heard thumping. I woke at 2am and jumped straight up, ran to the windows thinking it was someone trying to get into one of our sheds. By the time I got to the window it had stopped. So I wasn't sure if it was just someone banging outside or even the clock ticking loudly. I did hear it though because even after getting up and running to the window, I could still hear it for those few seconds.

I'm thinking of setting up a DVR over the next few nights and see if I can catch anything. I won't be able to prove anything by it of course but I might capture something :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:53 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

you never know you might catch something