It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 am

Post subject: My experiences..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Hello everyone,

I just thought i would come on and share some of my experiences and see what you all think. Some i can explain, others..well here goes.

We moved to a place just between Shotton Colliery and Wheatley Hill. Probably a mile walk in both directions. It was a new build that was apparently built upon the site of an old manor house and it's barn and outbuildings. There were four houses and one cottage which the builder lived in. Every other house was occupied although one was empty for a large part of the year due to the owners being in the Armed Forces. This house was the main source of the unexplained events.

When we first went to see the house it had a welcoming vibe, it was set in the countryside and who doesn't want to live in the country?! It has it's own pond, massive fields and a forest to wander through. The stuff you dream about when you're a kid.

So at first everything was good, i got a half decent job (for my age) and started driving. Hunky dorey. I loved walking my dog across the fields and letting him swim in the pond. But a 'feeling' descended on the house. A depressive dark feeling that felt like it was choking the life from the positive energy. My dog became a lot more jumpy and would not leave my side. In the garden it felt as though you were being watched and expecting something to happen.

As time went on i got myself a girlfriend and returning home one night at about 1am i got out of my car in the pitch black. As i put the key in the lock i could hear what sounded like a horse trotting along the long driveway towards me. As i walked towards the house the trotting got louder as if it were closer, and as i turned in fear a massive black shape flew past me towards the fields. This was the first time i'd ever seen or heard anything so vivid.

Over the next couple of days more strange things happened. I came back from a late shift so got in about 10:15pm. I again heard the trotting coming towards me. I stood and waited for it to come past but nothing. A few nights later my girlfriend stayed at mine and due to parents rules i had to stay downstairs. At about 2am i heard an alarm going off, then the dog started going crazy at the doorway. The doors then rattled as if someone had tried to push them open, then the dog calmed down as if all was gone.

The next night as i walked the dog up and out of the driveway past the house that was owned by the Forces people their letterbox rattled as if it would in the wind. Well, there wasn't any wind. And they were away at the time. I hadn't even told anyone about happenings so far as they'd just laugh. I walked up towards the pond and the geese started flapping in their enclosure (which is why geese are brilliant guard dogs) but i was nowhere near them. My eyes started adjusting to the darkness and all i could see were dark shadows darting around towards the old cottage. Putting it down to tired eyes, i went home without thinking otherwise.

Nothing happened for a few weeks and i put what had happened down to hormones! Then one night i was asked to do overtime with a 2am start. I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed and as i stepped outside i heard the clip clop of the trotting horse again. I had to find out what it was once and for all and so set off down the driveway. The trotting stopped so i turned back. As i turned on my heels the trotting started again so i continued to walk back. I then had the urge to turn around and was met with a rider on top of a black horse right behind me. I've never been so scared in all my life, i thought that this was an omen. But the rider tipped his cap as if to say hello and then slowly vanished.

This scared me and i had to tell someone. The builder's wife was in the greenhouse one day so i thought i would go and have a chat with her and get some further information. She said about some of the experiences she had when they were first building the houses. Apparently the barn still stood when they first bought the plot and was the haunt (no pun intended) of a hangman's noose many moons ago. The building contractors they got in to help would not step foot in the barn due to complaining of nausea, bad feeling and shadows so they dismantled it from outside, the site manager even claimed he saw a cement mixer lift up and move across the site. When digging the foundations they found twisted bodies of horses and foals that had died and been buried.

One night she was washing up in their caravan and saw a man go past the window. She thought it was her husband getting in from a planning meeting and had gone to see their dogs. She waited and waited and he didn't come in. So she went looking for him, only to see the dogs had not been fed and he wasn't even home yet. This freaked her out. She said that due to the army personnel being away for long periods they had a key to check up on the house and keep it right. Every night at 2am exactly the house alarm would go off. Her husband had it checked and checked again but it was fine. I had never heard it but it had them up every night. She had also experienced the letterbox which they'd looked at and it could not swing in such a way without huge winds.

The bad feeling would not let up and we all continually heard the trotting although never saw the rider again. We moved out within 3 months and the feeling lifted and everything fell into place again.

Sorry for the long one!

Frazer

Post subject: Re: My experiences..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:57 pm 
The Ferryman

Thanks for that. What an interesting story. I would give my eye teeth to see a 'ghostly' rider on a horse. It's such a shame you still don't live there (well maybe not for you) as I'm sure we'd love to have been able to check it out. Do you have any more information to the exact location of your old house? We could do a bit of digging and see what else we can find out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 pm 
Scaredy Cat

The thing is i was a soft as muck 17 year old at the time so you can imagine how scared i was. I would be more than happy to go back, just wary of going back inside. I'd love to see the rider again, he obviously has a connection to the site.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 pm 
The Ferryman

Excellent, we'll do a bit of digging and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm 
The Ferryman

Is this the place? It looks nice.

Attachments:
loc.jpg
loc.jpg [ 119.96 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm 
The Ferryman

I've just edited that address (which I know I asked for) just in case people read it and the poor owners get inundated with strange requests.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm 
Scaredy Cat

That's it! Nice huh? Shame..the door next to the garage door is the one that rattles!