It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Post subject: Strange Incident
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:45 pm 
Scaredy Cat

I have until recently told very few people regarding an incident that I and a friend experienced approximately 25 years ago.
It was around 2am in the morning and I was the front seat passenger of a vehicle driven by my friend. We where travelling along country lanes somewhere in North Yorkshire UK. Due to the time of the morning, there was very little traffic and we had not seen another vehicle for around 30 minutes. The vehicle headlights where on high beam because of there been no street lighting and was pitch black outside. The speed we were travelling was approximately 50 mph. We were both chatting and sharing jokes, when a light so bright that it lit up the interior of the car and also it appeared as if the car windows had been painted white. This totally blocked any vision to the outside of the car. I attempted to turn my head right to look at my friend in the driving seat. I managed to do this but it was as if my head was moving in slow motion. After looking at my friend and then turning my head forward, again as if in slow motion. Then as suddenly as the light appeared it was gone and we were back on the country lane. My friend pulled the car over into a lay-by and we both got out of the car and said nothing for around 5 minutes. I said to him "did that really happen" to which he replied "yes".
This incident has remained in my thoughts for many years and the unanswered question regarding what happened. The whole circumstances where strange, a light so bright that the windows of the vehicle appeared to have been painted white, no apparent sound, the slow motion of my head when looking at my friend and also the fact that travelling at 50mph with no vision, why did the vehicle not leave the road. Also my friend and I had not been drinking or smoking any illegal substances.

Post subject: Re: Strange Incident
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 pm 
The Ferryman

Thanks for that. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that it has all the hallmarks of a typical UFO encounter, although I'm sure there are a multitude of possible explanations for the experience.

Were you aware of having experienced any 'missing time' and did you look into local news reports at the time to see if anyone else had seen/experienced anything similar?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:31 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Too be honest no I dont know if any time was lost or checked for news reports. I do think it is unusual for two people to have an experience of this kind at the same time. I have though of perhaps been hypnotised to see if this would help?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 am 
The Ferryman

It may do, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that memories received under hypnosis for this kind of this can be pretty unreliable. It may also freak you out a little if you hear something you don't like.

At the end of the day I wouldn't bother, as it's not going to give you a definitive answer one way or another. You and your friend certainly sound like you had an unexplained encounter which has left you none the worse for wear. I would love to experience the same thing.