It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 am

Post subject: Tales from yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 pm 
Someone Strange

Hi people when I was a lad I was a member of St Johns Ambulance in Selby. The HQ was on the edge of the town close to farm land and was a single story building which was very much an "L" shape the main building where our lectures and practices took place was a large but narrow hall with a end wall and single door through which was store rooms. The end wall also had an old piano against it.
The other room had a full size snooker table in it and a through door to the ambulance station offices..
On numerous occasions we had foot steps in the main room when no-one else was in the building. then there was lights switching on and off and banging but the really weired event was witnessed by several other people the piano was playing by itself, nothing like choppin you understand and the thing is the key lid was locked..
The rational side of me says mice on the inside of the piano or temperature changes.. I would love to go back its 35yrs since i was there and since then I have done some research on the building and it was built for the land army girls as a dorm and living quarters during WWII and several reports have been recorded of at least one girl who committed suicide. Itis believed that she was engaged to a crew member of a local bomber squadron (there were alot of bomber stations around selby ) who failed to return from op's..
I never saw anything but I have felt opressive areas in the place and the foot steps always went the same way from outside to an area near the door to the store rooms at the back.. As I was only 11yrs to 15 yrs old at the time I was more frightened than interested but now its the other way around..

Post subject: Re: Tales from yorkshire
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:05 pm 
Someone Strange

Ok I guess no-ones interested in Yorkshire ghosts
never mind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 am 
The Ferryman

I read your tale with interest Yorkie as I'm sure others did. Sorry for not replying right away. I've been snowed under with getting the new issue of the magazine I publish sorted out, my 'proper job' and Whitby Gothic Weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm 
A Stiff

In my previous life as a pub mgr I was based in Yorkshire for several years, in Halifax. Leeds Bradford, castleford and pontefract. Lots of interesting areas down there and thanks for the post Yorkie