It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 am

Post subject: Hi, im simon..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:30 pm 
Scaredy Cat

hello, im 46 years of age, married and a stop at home dad looking after 2 adopted daughters. before this i was self employed, industrial training business in Cheshire. i now train gun dogs, or more often than not there owners on a part time/hobby basis.. i have worked and travelled throughout the UK and further afield but have now settled in sunny Lancashire. so that is a little about me, not one for flights of fancy.
i have seen several ghosts over many years, we had a poltergeist for several years in our family home when i was much younger, fortunately a tidy one.. i worked in several pubs in and around London where a few weird things happened.. we have visited many nat. trust properties again with a few strange experiences.. but i will start this with the first when i was 4/5 years of age..
i was born in a 2 up 2 down in Runcorn, Cheshire.. i shared a room with my elder sister who is 5 years my senior. our bed room was at the rear of the property so there were no street lights or passing vehicle lights. as the youngest i always went to bed first but used to sit in bed and read or play before sleeping. on several occasions i had drifted off only to be awakened by the door opening and closing thinking it was my sister i ignored it. one time i woke and looked i saw a little old lady slightly fuzzy in the darkness but a definite person. she sat at the end of my bed and smiled at me, i obviously screamed and hid and when the rescue party arrived she was gone. this happened several times more, so much so i stopped screaming and being scared. my parents told me i was dreaming, it was lights on the wall playing tricks etc etc, but i remember the nice smiling old lady to this day.
chapter 2 wasn't for many years and 2 houses later in a place called frodsham in cheshire. i was a young teenager and we had a poltergeist.
see you soon..
simon..

Post subject: Re: Hi, im simon..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm 
The Ferryman

That's the problem with seeing things when you are drifting off to sleep in bed. It always makes a story more prone the explanations such as 'you were just dreaming'.

I've had some pretty lucid dreams in the past but I'd still like to think I could tell the difference between them and reality if I had seem something. I wonder how many people who would simply put a story like yours down to a dream (which it may or may not be) would see things differently if they had experienced the same thing?

I'd be interested to hear about your polt as a teen as I too had a few instances of poltergeist activity in my teens too.

Post subject: poltergeist..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 pm 
Scaredy Cat

ok, next one on my list..
had a chat with my mother over weekend to get facts straight as can sometimes get a little fuzzy over a period of time..
id hit early teens and again my sister was heading out of hers. things would start going astray which were often blamed on me! then reappear where they were thought to be several days later. only small items, keys, brushes, pens etc... house was turned upside down once as my fathers omega watch went walk about, again only to turn up where he left it several days later.
strangest thing which id forgotten about was the kettle.. we would hear steps coming down stairs a door to kitchen open, needed oiling! and the kettle turned on. this happened very often over a period of time.
chairs upstairs would be turned over when no one was upstairs.. you would hear a loud bang and find the chair tossed across a room.
occasionally i would find my bed tided up and clothes i thought id left thrown on the floor placed in the washing, as a teenager as we all know we have varying degrees of dirty clothes...
these went on sparadically over a few years and then just stopped...
catch you all again soon..
simon...

Post subject: Re: Hi, im simon..
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:13 am 
The Ferryman

Classic poltergeist phenomena. I too had a pen go 'missing' right from under my and my mothers noses. My other 'Polt experiences' are written down in my blog here if you are interested. http://www.northern-ghost-investigation ... ories.html

I wish I had a friendly Polt to tidy my bed and do my washing today though. :wink: