It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 am

Post subject: first time
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 am 
Underworld Minion

I slept at my mates house I saw in my minds eye a dog come into the room. I described this dog to my mate, who immediatly went white and ran off to return with a photo of the affore described dog. Didnt know anything about my mate that night, had ended up kipping there so I could play out longer and not have to catch a train back and knew very little, if anything about them ,certainly not about thier dog,they never mentioned they had one.
Also when I was in bed I heard scuffling under the bed and felt something moving under there, so much so that I put the light on and had a look. I found out the next day that the flat had in the past experienced quite a lot of poltergiest activity.

But so fuckin what................what is the point of that????
We all have experiences like this at some point in our lives,does it 'prove' the 'existance' of other things/life after death/ghosts/'sixth senses' etc.........????
Seems to me to point ot the fact that because so many of us do have this type of thing it is in fact absolutely normal, not paranormal..............and leaves the 'interpretation' of what this is up to the individual.

So fuckin what hehehehehehhehehehe!!!!

Post subject: Re: first time
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 am 
The Ferryman

Most 'ghostly tales' do indeed fit into the type that you just described, where it is more about the interpretation of the events than what they actually are.

After saying all that, my experience of the book appearing in an empty room and the curtains of my bed closing (apparently on their own accord) do still play on my mind. If whatever cause the events to occur was entirely 'normal', I'd love to know what the hell it was.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:36 am 
Underworld Minion

Ha, I'm with you Mark, I'd like to know what the explanations are for my disapperaing/reappearing cigarettesr/writing on the inside of the double glazing and several other things, which like your book and curtains, are actual 'tangible' things where whilst you do rationalise them, you also know how you experienced them, and 'rational' can only 'get near', not actually and accurately explain them,although can give a possible reason.

It seems that this type of thing is also very common too,tangible things like this where to those experiencing them it is completely different to th usual case of putting something down and it turning up in a place you'd swear you didnt put it, or swearing blind that you shut the curtains/opened them......but you might not have/have etc..........these things are different enough for rational people experiencing them to 'experience' them differently and not find the usual 'rational' explanations fitting..............
So it dos appear that we are investigating the 'normal',whilst thinking we are investigating 'rare' and unusual scenarios, and indeed experiencing them!I'm assuming that because the pattern seems to be that we dont experience this type of thing everyday that (along with cultural/media stuff etc) is where the 'para'normal thing comes from...................but most people have had an experience of some kind which they could interpret as 'paranormal' if they so chose..............

But what does it all mean.....?????(I'l start another post on that one!)
Are we all (as many psychics say) capable of using our 'psychic' abilities.............or are 'psychic abilities' in fact just normal for us, yet for whatever reason we see this as 'abnormal........../indeed paranormal.....yet its just part of 'us' as people,how our body/mind functions etc,but we are 'conditioned' 9cough choke splutter' to see this as 'paranormal'.....????

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 am 
The Ferryman

I agree. I know for a fact that I experienced the events as I've always described them (unless of course I'd suffered a couple of moments of temporary insanity), but I could argue until I was blue in the face with someone who would have already made their mind up that I had done the things myself without realising (insert psychological buzzword here). To me the events are not 'rational' and I have yet to be offered an explanation that has made me think otherwise.

Where I stand at the moment is that the two experiences that I had fall into what I would describe as possibly paranormal, be it a naught spirit of my own latent psychic energy. Why any self respecting ghost would want to do something as make a book appear and close some curtains is anyone's guess though as it doesn't seem to serve much purpose.

I still use the world paranormal though just to differentiate between 'normal' things that we do have a good understanding of and those we don't..... yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am 
Underworld Minion

yeah,I've never got why 'ghosts' seem to favour mundane as shit things..........and the 'its all they can do to get your attention' has never sat comfy with me either.....just doesnt seem 'logical' to me somehow1A possibility not to be ruled out.....but again, one of those things which like the 'rational' options, just 'doesnt quite fit' and offers no 'accurate' explanation.

It being something to do with us trying to get out attention, a part or something within us that needs recognising and addressing and we experience it in this way again, whilst to me (cherry picking at its finest hehe) this seems more logical....again....offers no tangible accurate explanation,however it could perhaps explain why a lot of polt/ghost activity ect is experienced in times of stress or when people are in 'recognised' altered states (although \I dont like that as we are always in an altered state of some sort hehehe).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Funny you should say that, my mother in law saw our little Benji Easter weekend.

Sat in the doorway looking at her and blinking, just like he used to do when he was alive.
I've seen glimpses of him and smelt and heard him.