It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Post subject: Night at the Schooner Hotel 28-02-09
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 am 
Part-Time Investigator

Hi all I’m David and I'm new to all this but have really been interested in the paranormal since I was a young lad. I am not saying I'm a true believer as of yet but I'm no skeptic either. I would really like to experience something myself or see something with my own eyes that way I'll become more of a believer. I recently stayed at the Schooner Hotel Hotel for one night 28/02/09 with my girlfriend. We stayed in room 29 and from the moment we entered the room we weren’t sure what to expect. We started by just sitting and relaxing for a while and I took a few pics with my digi camera and was surprised to find what I'm presuming to be orbs. With this being a first for both of us we were a bit on edge and also a bit jumpy to start with, we waited till around 10pm and turned off all the lights in the room and I took a few more pictures and to my surprise more orb like structures seemed to appear. We were both surprised at how cold the room felt even though the heating was on full in the room, and a few times when I was sat I felt what all I can describe was a cold rush all over my body this happened about 4 times then it subsided, and every now and again I felt as if something cold had brushed past my arm, my girlfriend was also feeling the cold and had to were my thick jacket most of the night. I spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom of room 29 to see if I could make out any images in the mirror as I had previously read about in other reports, I never saw anything in the mirror but my girlfriend and I felt very uncomfortable in there. All in all I didn’t experience anything that I thought I was going to experience, but it hasn’t put me off wanting to experience the paranormal some more. The only real downsides we had from our stay in the Schooner Hotel were, it was a real nightmare to get parked and with it being a Saturday night, our experience was spoiled by a party of 3 drunken couples who were locked out of the hotel and tried to kick the door in, and once they were finally let in. To our bad luck were in the 2 adjacent rooms to us 28 & 30, and let me say all they did was get pissed, scream and shout, and play music till around 4.30am. I truly believe if it wasn’t for all the noise they made our experience would have been a lot greater. So anyone planning to stay in the Schooner Hotel who has not been before let me advise you to go during the week if possible, so you don't have to put up with the racket we did.

This is a really interesting site and I will look forward to reading the stories and experiences of all involved, and I will also post my own along the way if I have any.

Keep up the goodwork everyone, the Truth is out there.

Post subject: Re: Night at the Schooner Hotel 28-02-09
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:40 am 
Part-Time Investigator

Just thought I would post 2 of the pics I took which show Orb like structures, to see what you guys & gals think.

Attachments:
Orbs (7).jpg
Orbs (7).jpg [ 47.1 KiB | Viewed 3545 times ]
Orbs (15).jpg
Orbs (15).jpg [ 58.59 KiB | Viewed 3545 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:29 am 
The Ferryman

Very interesting blackster. We had a very interesting thing happen with the wardrobe in your room the last time we investigated the Schooner. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 am 
The Ferryman

Yeah, the Schooner is starting to grow on me .. first time I went I hated it .. nothing happened and I thought it was boring .. 2nd time .. oooohh .. thats a bit better .. 3rd time .. I now like this place!!

And room 29 to me is the room .. a lot of people go on about room 28 .. but its room 29 thats turned me from "i hate it" to "I like it!" ..

As Dok says .. we had a very interesting time with the Wardrobe in there .. accompanied by the "famous" Schooner growl ..

What you say with the drunks tho Blackster can always be a problem .. ordinairly its because of this I'm not that keen on doing pubs / hotels etc .. but fortunately, when a "proper" investigation is to take place .. places like the Schooner or The Golden Fleece in York generally turn the whole place over to you and you book all the rooms (well, in the Schooner, the rooms you actually want) .. .so no drunks allowed!

Our own Claire is in the process of sorting a NGI night at the Schooner - but it may not be for a few months .. so keep your eyes open!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I'm still pessimistic of the Schooner, because I keep getting told by people that it was cleansed.

Also there was some question over the cedibility of the then owners.....few years ago now, might have changed hands. I've formed an oppinion that its a love it or hate it place. The NEAM is somewhere I hear the same about, you either love it or hate it. Having never been there yet, due to go in a week or two I am trying to stay impartial.

I couldnt care if we dont get activity as I am an aircraft freak :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

I too also think that there is something attached to the wardrobe in room 29 as that is where I seemed to get most of the orb like structures appear in the pictures I took. I do believe however that some of the pictures where nothing more than dust, but I also believe that some are also something unexplainable. I come to the conclusion about some of them being nothing more than dust, by performing a little experiment at home, I took several pictures in my bedroom with the same digital camera I used at the schooner hotel, and I took pictures in several different conditions. Firstly I took some with the lights on with no flash on the camera and didn’t get anything, then I turned off the lights and took some with and without the flash activated and with the flash activated I got some very faint orb like structures. This is where things got more interesting, I batted the duvet and curtains in my bedroom to release any dust on them into the room, and here is the effect it had on the pictures being taken. With the lights on and no flash I got nothing at all, then once I turned off the lights and activated the flash voila orb like structures seemed to appear into my pictures. These were however not as strong as most of the orb like structures that appeared in my pictures at the Schooner Hotel and were very faint and of small origin. But it made me realise that some of the things caught with my camera were nothing but dust, and also some reflections of light bouncing off surfaces. But quite a few of the ones from the Schooner were a lot clearer and even the fainter ones really resembled orbs of all different shapes and sizes and these ones are the ones I really think are the unexplained phenomena called orbs. I hope to return to the Schooner Hotel in the not too distant future and maybe stay in one of the other rooms i.e. no 28 or 30 as these along with room 29 seem to be where most of the paranormal activity takes place.

I have posted a few pictures taken in my bedroom to show the dust I picked up on them, and that it appears as orb like structures.

Attachments:
DSC00636.JPG
DSC00636.JPG [ 51.91 KiB | Viewed 3525 times ]
DSC00633.JPG
DSC00633.JPG [ 54.23 KiB | Viewed 3525 times ]
DSC00629.JPG
DSC00629.JPG [ 62.36 KiB | Viewed 3525 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

I too have captured orbs, on a cheaper camera than the one I normally use.
I've also found out that if I use manual settings on my DSLR I can occasionally get a picture of dust.

I stress that I do not beleive that orbs are paranormal at all. They are well understood by people into photography.

Have a look at the following link:
http://www.assap.org/newsite/articles/O ... heory.html

It describes in great detail what orbs are, why they are captured and explains testing done.

Quote:
For a scientific theory to be validated, it needs to produce predictions and these need to be tested. Ideally, these predictions should be of things not already observed. If a theory only 'explains' existing observations, but cannot predict any others, it could be no more than speculation. Several predictions of the Orb Zone Theory have been formally tested to scientific standards. These include:

that orb numbers vary according to the depth of field in a particular photo
that orb numbers are unaffected by the megapixels of a camera
that orb numbers are unaffected by whether photos are taken in haunted or non-haunted locations

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Thanks for the link Anth that explains the orbs in my pictures :shock: lol, ah well never mind. I still feel I felt something on more than one occaision in room 29 though. But I'm still on the fence until proved otherwise.

I do now beleieve all the orb anomalies caught in my pictures, are nothing more than dust, light reflections ect.

I want to believe :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

blackster1975 wrote:
Thanks for the link Anth that explains the orbs in my pictures :shock: lol, ah well never mind. I still feel I felt something on more than one occaision in room 29 though. But I'm still on the fence until proved otherwise.

I do now beleieve all the orb anomalies caught in my pictures, are nothing more than dust, light reflections ect.

I want to believe :wink:

I am a sceptical believer myself, I've experienced things I cannot explain, but that alone does not make them paranormal.
The reason I investigate is to look for my own answers, if we happen to come across concrete proof either way then so be it.
I admit though the more investigations I do the more sceptical I am becoming.

If you want to beleive that Orbs are paranormal thats fine with with. I made my mind up once and for all when i read that article. But this is dealing witht he classic circular orbs, I am impressed with ribbon like strands that are often caught in IR modes. And I admit the last two investigation I have been on I have seen light anomolies with my naked eye.....one of which was a black orb!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Yes I think I too will become more of a believer when I see something with my own eyes or if I am presented some concrete evidence. I think I'd like to believe there is more to life than just the existence we live now.

I do believe there is something just don't know what if you get me lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm 
A Stiff

Why don't you ask the spirit world to provide you with direct evidence, they do listen and as long as you have respect for them as living conciousness and treat them accordingly they will more often that not provide you with the evidence you seek. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 pm 
A Stiff

doktor_phibes wrote:
Very interesting blackster. We had a very interesting thing happen with the wardrobe in your room the last time we investigated the Schooner. :shock:
Heh i think thats the room that claire had a funny turn in,as well the wardrobe banging, knew she was odd when i first met her. might make a good you tube video tho thinking about it with all them "Orbs" floating round her, i still have the evidence. :twisted: :wink: :lol:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:12 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Well me and my girlfriend are going back to the Schooner hotel on the 8th of April, were staying in room 29 again and hopefully with it being a Wednesday it should be a lot quieter than the last time we went.

I have got a digital voice recorder to do a few evp experiments this time round, I am going to ask if there is any entities in the room to give me a sign, my girlfriend aint too keen on the idea of that mind and said if she see's or feels anything too weird, she is out of there lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am 
Underworld Minion

that is the room very room Line Waynger and I've still not seen the footage myself!!!
you sure its not dandruff hehehehe!

That was interesting stuFf in there and in the room to the right of it also, its why I've a soft spot for the schooner!

Cant wait to hear how you and your girlfriend get on there blackster....when pams about |I'm sure she'll tell you all bout that room and the bathroom in particular!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Hi everyone good to see the site back up and running.

Just thought I’d update you on my recent visit to the Schooner Hotel. We initially went to the schooner Hotel back in February but the night was spoilt by a few drunken unruly guests. So I took it upon my self to write a letter of complaint stating to the owner that the schooner is only really popular as they big up the fact it is supposedly haunted, and that they should be more vigilant to drunken unruly guests that spoil it for people who go for the sole purpose of investigating the paranormal. I was pleased with the outcome of my letter and the current owner Nigel agreed with what I had to say, and he offered me and my girlfriend a complimentary night in a room of our choice on a bed & breakfast basis. So we booked and went back to room 29 on the 08-04-09. Upon arrival to room 29 we immediately felt like the room was a lot different to our last visit and my girlfriend felt a lot more comfortable in there, the room felt warm at first but got really cold as the night progressed even though we had the heating on full. I put the coldness down to the ill fitting door. As I think I expected a bit much on my last visit, I treated this one with an open mind and just relaxed and me and my girlfriend watched a movie on my laptop. After the movie my girlfriend was tired and went to sleep, so I went into the bathroom and sat in the dark for about 20 minutes and never experienced anything, the bathroom in room 29 still has the feeling that something bad happened there but still felt a lot more comfortable than my first visit. The thing with going with my girlfriend is she’s not into it like me, so I can’t really do a proper investigation whilst with her lol. I went to bed about 2.30am as nothing was happening. I don’t think I will go back to the Schooner unless it is with a proper team of investigators to do it properly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:25 pm 
Elite Investigator

i think we are going in november :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 am 
Underworld Minion

Ooooh interesting stuff Blackster!

Yep we are def going back there in Nov like Tickle says and that room is one which we'll be doing vigils in.

Just to say tho that going with a team of investigators will not guarentee any activity; often the more interesting things are experienced in situations such as yourself and your girlfriend going there to stay etc!

Often little is experienced and on an investigation you wont have the option of going to bed hehehe cos I will shout hehehe!From an investigative perspective though 'nothing' is as relevant as 'something', and 'nothing' is also subjective and open to interpretation.

Its interesting you mention the 'coldness', can you describe it a bit more?
Was it the door to the room which was 'ill-fitting' or the bathroom door?

'Expectations' can have a lot to answer too hehehehehe!!!
Many times you can go somewhere and experience nothing, yet another time its like being in a different place and you do get things and have experiences which arent easily explained....however the latter seem to be sadly less frequent than the former!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:38 am 
Part-Time Investigator

Hi pollen it was the door to the room itself which is ill fitted and lets a draft in, I don't really mind all the sitting about but my girlfriend gets bored really easy :lol: and she's also very easily scared too. I'm kind of thinking that maybe whatever is in the Schooner isn't residual as i've read that those type of experiences happen no matter what, but then again i probably missed all the good stuff when i fell asleep :lol:

I'm also going to have to learn to drive as I don't want to rely on public transport to get me to investigations as i've told my girlfriend she doesn't have to go to anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:36 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

the schooner is never quite, it has always had drunks rolling arounf the place. but the big 29, is the room ,,,question ,did you or your girlfriend feel sick??weird smell??did you feel angry? or feel agitated.did you have any odd feelings,,interested,to no :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:33 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

No pam we both felt ok no weird smells or feelings, my girlfriend was really scared first time round but even she felt a lot more comfortable this time. She still didn't like the bathroom mind lol. I had a real crazy dream though about a horrible beared man in the room, and in it when i went to turn on my flashlight it wouldnt work, it was one of those dreams where you think you are awake. I'd feel more comfortable going with some people who have the same interest in the paranormal as i do, as i dont think its fair dragging my girlfiend as it doesn't interest her, it's just hard with not being able to drive :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:46 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

i think there are many frustrated people out there in similar postions.you'll make the invests as you seem really keen. i ask as the room has had its fair share of what i discribed ,,, and the man in your dream wow he is there, nasty piece of work does give you the heebys.i think you really need to be with a person that can get things going.a group.but keep telling more stories there great :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Pam could you please elaborate some more about the bearded man !!! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:30 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hes about 5'10...5'11.has a dirty smell unkempt look about him,greying longish hair but not all grey brown in it to.dark dirty coat on,really piecing eyes like they are looking right through you his teeth are well yac,he slavers and spits,and his arms are always reaching for you, thats why alot of people feel sickly in there,the smell.all his attire is filthy,and he has a dirty redish cloth? neckwear?on the inside of his coat.he's about 43,,,,,46 and looks like he is from begining of the 18th centuary maybe 1812, around that time.i have a second name of mackinley?robert.....hope iv helped :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 pm 
Part-Time Investigator

Yes pam that helps a lot :) thank you, all i really remember though is him being a bearded man and really creepy, can't really remember else much apart from a bit of fear when the torch wouldn't work :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:43 pm 
The Ferryman

pam-ngi wrote:
hes about 5'10...5'11.has a dirty smell unkempt look about him,greying longish hair but not all grey brown in it to.dark dirty coat on,really piecing eyes like they are looking right through you his teeth are well yac,he slavers and spits,and his arms are always reaching for you, thats why alot of people feel sickly in there,the smell.all his attire is filthy,and he has a dirty redish cloth? neckwear?on the inside of his coat.he's about 43,,,,,46 and looks like he is from begining of the 18th centuary maybe 1812, around that time.i have a second name of mackinley?robert.....hope iv helped :wink:

Robert? Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?