It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:42 am

Post subject: Phones and lights....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:21 pm 
Underworld Minion

(names changed)

1. Jon is watching tv when he hears a man speaking down a phone. The man is saying somethnig about arranging something and that he cant hear whoever and can they call him back. Jon searches for the phone in his house where he heard the noise from but cant find it. He heard it coming from the settee so looks under it, around it and in it. He presumes its his girlfriend Donnas work phone which she's forgotton so he calls her at work to tell her but she has all her phones with her and has no idea what he is going on about. He thinks nothing more of this.

2.4-5 nights later thier friend Karen is staying at their house on the settee after a night out. She is awake about 8-9 am and hears the a man talknig down a phone. He sounds like he's 'official' and Karen presumes its Donnas boss from work and she wonders about getting Donna but then thinks that Donna might be talking to him upstairs and for some reason karen can only hear his part of the conversation tho. It ends with the man saying that he cant hear whoever he's talking to and asks them to call him back. Karen falls back asleep and when Donna gets up she tells Donna about the call in case it was important. None of Donnas phones were switched on and only 1 was in the room, which wasnt her work phone anyway. Donna checks them all twice just to make sure but they are def all switched off. Karen heard the noise coming from the mantlepiece opposite the settee.

3. Jon comes down and Donna and Karen mention the 'phone incident' to him. He then tells Karen about the phone incident the other day. Karen had only told Donna about the end bit of the conversation she heard where the man asked the person to call him back because he couldnt hear them. Jon describes the other bit of the conversation before this. This says to Karen that even if he'd heard her describing it and was wanting to wind them up by going along with it as she didnt describe that bit of the conversation he would either of had to have been the person making the call or have heard it himself to have got the details so exact. They talk about this for a bit, saying that there were def no phones in the house as Donna had recently put the decorations up and had moved furniture and cleaned from top to bottom. No one had reported a lost phone and if this phone was still on why had the battery not have run down by now, and why was it not heard to ring. Also why was it heard coming from 2 different areas. Both Jon and Karen agreed it was definately in the room and not coming from outside. They agreed it was odd then the conversation drifted.

4.15-20 mins later Jon picked up Donnas phone charger. He noticed the green light was on but it was not plugged in. Donna said it had not been plugged in since the day before. Jon plugged it in, it stayed glowing green, the he unplugged it and the light went off. He plugged it in again the light came on he unplugged it and it stopped. They had never noticed it do this before. They then discussed how they have had a lot of electrical problems in the house, to the point where they had the electrics checked by electricians, who said they could find no fault. They say the meter whizzes for no reason (the reason they had it checked) and lights turn on and off by themselves, also lightbulds always go after a few ekks no matter the brand or guarentee of price etc. They only get cheap ones now because of this. They have also had a similar thing with the gas meter and gas rings being turned on and off for no apparent reason. Donna says she cant sleep on her own without the light on, and apparently a medium told Jon to stay out of the 'blueroom' (the colour they have in thier spareroom which they both dont use as they dont like it in there).

5. 4-5 nights later both Jon and Donna hear the same 'phone call' coming from the settee. Again they search it but find nothing and there is no record of a call or a message on any of thier phones ether switched on or off.

6.Later that night the lights come on on the music system for 'no apparent reason'. Donna doesnt like this so unplugs it at the wall and the lights go off. After a few mins both Jon and Donna notice the lights on the unplugged music system are on despite it not being connected to a power source. Donna moves it and bangs it til the lights go out.

opinions please!!!!

Post subject: Re: Phones and lights....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm 
The Ferryman

Is this what you were telling me the other week? Seems very similar .. :D .. I'll ponder on it and see if I can add anything that I said at the time (if I said anything at the time that is!!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 pm 
Underworld Minion

the first bit is but the other bit hadnt happened then and no, you didnt say anything at the time but as thats usual for you I didnt think owt of it hehehehe!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Speaking down the phone bit is the most odd bit here to me.

Given the absence of any phone.....then I would be looking at some sort of radio device with a speaker that may be picking up errant radio transmissions from say a portable phone.

Failing a radio device anything with a speaker and check to see if there is shielding on the wires. I once used a wireless guitar transmitter that picked up passing taxi radios lol.

The Hi-Fi hmmm again odd could be down to capacitors releasing their charge slowly....could be the start of a fault on the system. Glowing of an LED in a phone charger I have one that glows for about 30 seconds after disconnection from the mains....so again it could be explained. Simply saying it had not been plugged in is where the problem lies. Human recollection is not an exact thing.

All these theories and more would have to be looked into. Remember my experience of the laptop with no innards that was powered on and the cursor blinking on the screen?????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 pm 
Underworld Minion

''Given the absence of any phone.....then I would be looking at some sort of radio device with a speaker that may be picking up errant radio transmissions from say a portable phone.

Failing a radio device anything with a speaker and check to see if there is shielding on the wires. I once used a wireless guitar transmitter that picked up passing taxi radios lol.''

yeah, thats my kind of thinking altho its odd that they all presume they heard the same message, altho yet again this is easy to 'presume' based on 'key words' and 'memory' etc. Even if this is the case tho and its not the same message but similar, like you say, from a taxi rank where messages are indeed similar, I still find it odd that they are all adamant that it ended in exactly the same way each time, so that to me would suggest some kind of 'replay' maybe (message I mean, not the stonetape theory or other things like that!).

Both the Hifi and the phone charger I also agree with but the phone was definately not on charge and hadn been for at least 6 hours as it was in a seperate room to the charger all night and after Donna came down with it it was in a seperate place to the charger, which Karen can testify too, so that rules out the human recollection for that bit anyway. Also Donna and Karen had been in the room with it for roughly 1hr+ before Jon noticed the light.

''Remember my experience of the laptop with no innards that was powered on and the cursor blinking on the screen?????''

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure how I've missed that one, sorry xxxxxxxx but you'll have to retell it now just for me Anth!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

OK in the flat my mate used to live in in Billingham.....now a clothing alteration business and was a sunbed shop before that.

The front bedroom was rarely used, and only used when Dale came back from London. Dale had an old laptop he used for collecting Viri....he's a little odd like that lol.

Anyway there was a problem with the laptop so I went to have a look, completely removed the innards the whole shebang....placed them back inside bu not connected and had the power supply laid on the bed. Dale went back to London without us finding the fault so it remained in pieces.

About a week later I went to see Dave, for some reason we went into the front bedroom to get something and there was a green glow beside the bed. The laptop was on and the cursor was flashing on the screen. The power supply (the lead with the plug and the internal power supply) was on the bed and the battery was not in the laptop. I picked it up and it was warm to the touch. No battery connected to it....I called Dale and he said the battery was in London with him he never used the laptop again he was kind of freaked out by it. Not sure where it is now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:20 pm 
The Ferryman

Very interesting story. As Jon had the TV turned on the first time he heard the 'phone message', I would be interested if the TV was also on when Karen heard the voice.

I would also like to know if the medium had something a bit more productive to say rather than just 'stay out of the blue room', like why? I'm not too keen on the fact that people are being told not to go into rooms in their own home without a good reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm 
Underworld Minion

interesting stuff Anth.What was your conclusion about the computer?

The tv was not on or plugged in even when Karen heard the phone voice and it definately had not been on for 7-8 hours as she had been in the room that alll that time.

The medium said this to Jon when he accompanied Donna to a local spiritualist church. He's not into this kind of thing he just went with her because she asked him to and he doesnt care either way and didnt want her to go alone. The medium didnt say it was to do with the house specifically, just to 'stay out of the blue room'. This could apply to any blue room, or somewhere called 'the blue room' or whatever, they just thought of it as they were talking about this and included it because it 'might' be relevant. They are not saying it is. Thier old house was decorated blue for a lot of years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

pollen101 wrote:
interesting stuff Anth.What was your conclusion about the computer?

The tv was not on or plugged in even when Karen heard the phone voice and it definately had not been on for 7-8 hours as she had been in the room that alll that time.

The medium said this to Jon when he accompanied Donna to a local spiritualist church. He's not into this kind of thing he just went with her because she asked him to and he doesnt care either way and didnt want her to go alone. The medium didnt say it was to do with the house specifically, just to 'stay out of the blue room'. This could apply to any blue room, or somewhere called 'the blue room' or whatever, they just thought of it as they were talking about this and included it because it 'might' be relevant. They are not saying it is. Thier old house was decorated blue for a lot of years.

My conclusion was that something weird happened. I was half expecting words to type along the screen lol. Cant figure it out, how can an electrical device power up when its in pieces?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:22 pm 
Underworld Minion

ha....now that is something I'd be asking you as I know bugger all about how these devices work!!!
But I know they usually require an external power source of some kind if they have a plug/battery and they usually have to be connected and in good working order to , well.....work!!!

ok...hmmm....
Does the house/room or your mate have any history of paranormal activity linked to it/them?
was the green glow from the pc or seperate to it?Was it normal for the 'glow' to be that colour?
How long did this last and what caused it to stop?
Was it near a radiator or other heating system?
What was the reason you went in the room?
What was the history of the computer?
Did only you witness this?
Could you have imagined it, or seen it like this for whatever reason but it actually wasnt?
Could you find out where the pc is now?
Waht were you doing just before and after this, were you rushung etc or mooching so to speak?
Had you been drinking or taking anything which could have caused you to imagine this?
Have you or anyone else linked to this experienced other things like this?
How did you feel at the time, fro entering the room to spotting the glow , to examining it, to leaving the room etc and then afterwards?
What possible explanations have you come across for this yourself if you've not figured out exactly what it was yet?

Now I dont like asking questions like this because they are 'leading' slightly in the way they are worded but as its a forum what else can I do hehehehehe!!!