It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 am

Post subject: Tokyo Bar. Newcastle. Anyone know of any 'spooky' history?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:59 am 
Scaredy Cat

Hi. I'm a newby lol but after a recent visit up North to the Tokyo Bar on Westgate Road , Newcastle I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything there too. Soon after entering the building I had an overwhelming urge to make sure that the outside door was open. When I looked down the passage way to find it was shut I was almost 'melting' I went so so hot, really sweaty, my hair was soaked instantly. My boyfriend suggested we go upstairs to the roof terrace for some fresh air and as we did I had a massive coughing fit as I went up the steps and couldn't breathe. I went straight to the little girls room and instantly my temperature dropped and I felt absolutly fine. I went back out on to the landing to go in to the upsatairs bar and was frozen to the spot! I couldn't make myself go in. I can't explain why as I am not clostraphobic or suffer from panic attacks or anything like that. I have since found out of a friend who felt the same panic in there to leave as something wasn't right. Please let me know if you know of anything that happened there so I can proove to my fella that I was NOT drunk and I am NOT going mad lol Thanks :-) titch0502

Post subject: Re: Tokyo Bar. Newcastle. Anyone know of any 'spooky' history?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi there titch :D you have had the same experiance as loads of people i no ,,,,,,, the place was burnt to the extent that it had to be rebuilt way back in the 1980 s, it took the lifes of 5 pepole3 men and 2 woman,,real spooky place :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am 
Scaredy Cat

Really??? OMG! I never told you this in my post but when I was in the downstairs bar I told my boyfriend that the windows turned really really black and I saw streaks appear on them but he told me it was more likely to be the rain but before you told me about the fire, I knew thats what it was. The heat was so overwhelming and instant. I am shaking now just thinking about it but glad I know Im not going mad lol But sorry to hear that something so awful happened there and that lives were lost. I hope to go back next time I am up there to see if I feel it again. Thanks so much for your reply :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

no probs titch, but at the top of the stairs you are supposed to here a woman screaming,,,,,,, as she could not get up or down them,,, thats why you were stuck to the spot,,, she was burned alive there :lol: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:53 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Does anyone else recall the fire happening? Im not origionally from Newcastle so I don't know. Do you know what the building was used for before it became a bar or was it a bar when the fire broke out? Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
The Ferryman

I don't live in Newcastle myself and in truth, have never heard of the Tokyo Bar - but, if what Pam is saying is true, it seems like you've had a bit of an experience there!

You ever picked up things elsewhere?

Welcome to the forums by the way .. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 pm 
Scaredy Cat

Tokyo is really well known up there and although a bit spooky its a really nice place :-) I have since been told by 2 other ppl that they remember the fire too. Nothing has happened to me before like this and now I understand a bit more why I felt like I did, I cant wait to go back and see if it happens to me again. Very open to things like this and it really interests me. So powerful tho. My bloke want to take me for a night in the castle in Newcastle thats meant to be very haunted. Think I need a bit of time to get over this one tho lol Thanks for the welcome and reply :-)