It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:40 am

Post subject: My CD Player just spoke to me....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm 
Breezy Draft

This is totally weird...

Not long ago, I was sitting at my desk, in my room, writing a letter.

I had been listening to my Snow Patrol CD, But it had finished and I couldn't be bothered to get up and change it, All I could hear was the faint buzzing of my CD Player in stand-by mode.

When all of a sudden I heard a small high pitched voice... Slightly child-like. It was saying...

"Hello", "Hello",
"Can you hear me?"
"Hello", "Are you there"
"Do you know who I am"

I thought 'Bloody hell' where's that coming from, It seemed to be coming from the direction of my CD Player, so I got up to investigate. I put my ear next to the speaker and sure enough, there was that voice...

"Hello", "Can you hear me?", Are you there?", "Hello, Hello"

It was coming from my speakers, I checked to make sure the CD was not still playing, but it had stopped, there should have just been the buzz the machine makes when it is in stand-by. But I could definately hear a voice,

"Hello", Hello"

So I ran to my brothers room and told him to come and listen, he put his ear next to it and sure enough, He could hear it too. I knew then that I wasn't going mad, well either that or we were both going mad.

"Maybe there's another file on the CD after the last song," my brother said

He took the CD into his room and put it into his computer, but there where only 14 songs on the disc, He even played the last one to make sure there wasn't a recording just after it, But he could find nothing.

So I put it back in my CD Player and put it on the last song, I listened till it finished, then we both sat and listened for that voice, we were sure thier must be somthing on the disk, even though I'd never heard it before. But this time we heard nothing, The CD player switched itself into stand-by and still we listened and never heard anything.

It was freaky....

We both definately heard that voice...

But I had never heard it before and I've listened to that CD loads of times. It can't be the CD Player, because I often leave it on stand-by over night and have heard nothing before. I am sure if my CD player was set to make a noise when left in stand-by mode I would have heard it before as I often lie awake at night in the silence with only my CD player buzzing slightly in stand-by mode. I have never heard it and we just cant seem to reproduce that noise....

I must remind you....

* I am not mad.....
* Neither is my brother...
* We both heard the same thing...
* We could not reproduce that noise...
* and I have never heard it before...
* and there are no added files on the CD.
SO WHAT WAS IT.... DID WE HEAR A VOICE FROM THE OTHER SIDE....

My brother is more freaked out that me, He's 18 and a very strong Skeptic.... So if anyone can explain it... You'll help save his sanity...

Post subject: Re: My CD Player just spoke to me....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:04 pm 
Stone Thrower

wicked lol -- hey maybe it was a voice from the other side :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:34 pm 
Underworld Minion

dont know if it was paranormal (hate that word!) but its def interesting bekkki!!!
I've had some strange stuff from tapes (before the time of cd's hehehe!) but seeing as I'm about to get cut off I'll post em later!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm 
Guest Investigator

It's probably radio interference. When I lived up in Scotland I occasionally picked up radio communication from Russian ships out in the Arctic circle on my PC speakers. The weather had to be just right for it to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:53 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

there are plenty of rational explanations -

as anth has said could just be interference, it does happen....

but most of us must have seen white noise by now so........

well i for one can't say what it defo was........ makes you think though

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:16 am 
Breezy Draft

Dunno what it was... But I know it freaked me out that much, I had to put my CD Player out on the landing last night when I went to sleep.

I've never had any interference with it before, Although it was very quiet, it was quite a distinct voice. Not crackely as you would expect from radio interference.

and it kept saying those few phrases over and over again...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:00 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi bekki a few weeks ago when i was getting ready to go to the keep, the telephone rang, nothing unusal i thought , that was until i answered it, i thought it was one of my ngiers giving me info to when and what to bring? when on answering it there was a woman crying on the other end but in the distance, prankster was my next thought? so i was a little uneased but just carried on. then about 20 mins before leaving it went again and and this time it was a distinct womans cry, moaning ang weeping in my ear happened again after that, 2/3 times so , i recalled asking any of my fellow ngiers if they had made a call to me and the answer was NO,,,,,,,,,,,,just sue telling me to come later.,so the moral is i does happen ... like yu i heard it loud and clear. and so did my partner. hope its not there for the next one :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:55 am 
Underworld Minion

Back!!!So can finish my post!
Thats very interesting Pam........did you trace the number?
basically when i was 13ish I was at my cousins house in swindon,just a modern 3 bedroomed house,full with 2 famillies so we were staying in the extension over the garage which adjoined the house onto the landing whilst all the other bedroom were full with others etc.
We were up gabbing til stupid 0 clock most nights,but one night,it will have been about 1 or 2 ish all except us was asleep when suddenly really loudly we heard music,as thought someone had turned a stereo on loud.My cousin was into INXS (hehehe - sad hehehe!)at the time and that was the music that was blaring.Thinking it had come on and we were gonna get boll**ed for waking them all up we opened the door to go to her bedroom where the music was coming from but as we did the music stopped.Thank **** for that we thought and closed the door again.Music started again...we opened the door again and it stopped.....this happened 4-5 times before it finished....no noises from the house,no one woken,including my bro who was in her bedroom as we went in to check he wasnt messing about with it...but he was asleep (and not pretending cos we were mean and woke him up!).This music was full blast level.......but in a chair in the corner of the room i was kipping in I was convinced there was someone sitting in it,it even seemed to be swaying although my cousin didnt feel this as much...
The next day we asked and no one had heard anything; it wasnt my brother either....so dunno what that was about but it was so loud it would have woken at least one person out of the other 7 in the house...and why did it keep stopping...??????
Dunno if this was linked to INXS but another time in my bedroom with a different INXS tape on I was with my mate who was listening to it...and even though this sounds a load of cr*p it really did happen....it was on this one song 'devil inside' when the music stopped;which got our atention cos I thought the tape was chewing up...then this stupid 'hammer horror' style male voice came on and said 'the devil is here....ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhaha' then the music came back on!!!!!!!. We looked at each other for a second then fled the house and ran to her house down the road....we both heard it,that tape had been played before and never done it before (or after)...it wasnt anyone messing about...scared the **** outta us though!!!!
No idea what that was about (several theories in my head but none definate)...but I htink I've heard something about a strange link to INXS..so dunno if we picked up on an odd vibration or something...

Funny you say it was a distinct voice Bekki - cos the 'devil' voice was too...
maybe you should leave a cd recording/that white noise thing Bekki,see if you pick anything else up....evp's are common though,whatever they are....so its all interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:08 pm 
Guest Investigator

The speech I heard on my PC speakers wasn't crackly either, perfectly clear and quite quiet. It happened a few times and then I never heard it again but, as I say, I think that was down to the weather more than anything else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

well claire the numbervwas withheld,,,,,,,,,,,,,??? and it sounded miles away, the second time was loud and clear :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:06 pm 
Member of EFFI

It could of been worse, Bekki.

Just imagine if it blared out a Shakin Stevens tune instead ! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 pm 
Breezy Draft

lol this is an old post Dell, but talking about strange, check out my new post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:20 pm 
Breezy Draft

Tho at the time im sure i would have prefered shakin stevens than that eerie voice.