It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:30 am

Post subject: Thornaby
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm 
The Ferryman

Hi guys,

We are searching the country for ordinary people living in not so normal houses: people who TRULY believe there to be paranormal activity in their home and are GENUINELY afraid.

I have spoken with various paranormal investigators, Parapsychologists, Mediums, Spiritual churches etc. More recently, I have spoken with a family from Middlesbrough and their story is quite extraordinary, and I am in the process of digging up historical events in the area that may explain the level of paranormal activity in their home.

I am contacting you to see if you have visited any places within the Linthorpe and Thornaby area of Middlesbrough and what your findings might be?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated and you would then very much be part of our story too.

Post subject: Re: Thornaby
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:05 pm 
The Ferryman

The above has been sent to NGI from a TV company who are planning on doing a tv show on a home in the Linthorpe / Acklam / Thornaby area of Teesside.

So if anyone has any stories they can relate - or any info which could suggest why Teesside could be a particurlarly active area .. then feel free to share them here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 pm 
Someone We Know

i think from the town centre could be active cos of the old air fields wot is under the houses . i live in thornaby and had a spirit come to me but only the 1ns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:19 am 
The Ferryman

Yeah ... I'm in Thornaby too and I related all the old airfield stories to the guy who had contacted me including the tales of the wandering Airmen said to pop into peoples houses now and then .. Was it an airman for you?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:26 am 
Someone We Know

dunno really it showed no face they was 2 in bedroom

Post subject: Re: seeing my dad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 pm 
Scaredy Cat

the night my dad visited me,,,my dad passed over 6 monthes before,, id been to gateshead visiting my nan with my sister we had spent most of the day with nan going to the park e t c ,she lived alone since dad had passed, as we were leaving . she had a fall. so we took her to hospital and we stayed for a while then we were supposed to go home but i decided to stay longer and my sis went home,i had to make sure my gran was going to be ok, sis picked me up later that night wen my nan was settled,and doing well, i got home for about 11ish had shower, then went to bed, i was just layed tere as i didnt feel tired ,then i heard someone call my name, as i sat up ,there was my dad, who had passed over, he then leaned over to me kissed me on my forhead and said thankyou,then he was gone,i wastnt scared, but felt realy calm, i cryed for 3 days, that night i will never forget,as i love my dad with all my heart and wish he would visit me againe :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

I'd heard of an alleged haunting in Thornaby, cant remember the name of the street but its the one that leads to the back of bells on Westbury street.

apparently it was quite a disturbing haunting, involving two houses that at one time had a connecting doorway in them.

Its quite surprising cos where i lived in thornaby there used to be rows and rows of street houses, all demolished many years ago and a new estate built on them. you would think there would be a lot of history that could create a haunting, but it was quiet as hell......until the westbury chucked out.