It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:04 am 
Site Admin

What a waste of time.

I went upmthere at 6pm spent 30 mins there taking pictures (not snapshots as I was not using the flash, some of them were 4 minute exposures!!!!

Did I see anything......just people walkig their dogs.
Did I feel anything......yes like a dick for taking pictures in the dark
Did I experience anything? no

So I played footy and went back, this was the 70th anniversary afterall.

What a change in the place, I still have not caught anything on camera, but the feeling had changed dramatically, OK yes its a creepy dark track, but it was a creepy dark track at 6pm too.
I was forced to ignore the rustling sounds as it was quite windy there, its very exposed. But I had a sense that I was not alone, so bad in fact I kept going to the car and turning the headlights on as I did not want to be jumped by chavs. Saw nothing, but felt plenty.

I think I'll go there again, its so close I could chuck a stale bun at it from my house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 pm 
The Ferryman

You got to remembe, Anth, that this game involves a lot of hit and miss. You could get yourself to The-Most-Haunted-Location-In-The-UK and find on any given night that nothing happens.

Its a pain when that occurs .. but it can and does every now and then.

Your best idea for outdoor locations is to find a quiet spot - ideally sheltered - and just sit. Your lack of movement won't disturb any critters such as birds in trees and by just sitting and letting the place settle, anything that may exist there will just get on with its normal nightly adventures.

If one of those things is "Ghosts" or "Devil Dogs" .. let it come to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:56 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

I am love the Black Shuck legend. Not sure if its true though.

This picture has always intriuged me.

Here is the story behind it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Shuck

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Jay wrote:
You got to remembe, Anth, that this game involves a lot of hit and miss. You could get yourself to The-Most-Haunted-Location-In-The-UK and find on any given night that nothing happens.

Its a pain when that occurs .. but it can and does every now and then.

Your best idea for outdoor locations is to find a quiet spot - ideally sheltered - and just sit. Your lack of movement won't disturb any critters such as birds in trees and by just sitting and letting the place settle, anything that may exist there will just get on with its normal nightly adventures.

If one of those things is "Ghosts" or "Devil Dogs" .. let it come to you.

Well i tried, because I went back. I just expected something and in a way I did, I was convinced someone was there, but I never saw them.

its a shame I never caught anything on camera either, an Orb outside would have been quite a talking point I guess. Although could still have been dust, but not using a flash may have cured that particular problem.

I'm going to go back over the images and re-check but nothing was obvious or apparent on close checking first time round. Having to use a tripod and long exposures (problem with nighttime photography, didn't want the flash going off) I couldnt just point and click, so most of my pictures are of exactly the same area and I put them in slideshow and theres no movement apparent apart form the hedgerow. I will look again, if I see anything i'll post it, they are in RAW format so over 10mb each atm.

Post subject: Re: Flashes of light
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm 
Stone Thrower

well Anth we should never expect to get results --- just hope we do :wink:

Mike what on earth is that pic?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 pm 
Someone Very Strange

Q: If you're seeing this at night is there any street lighting or car headlights that will reflect off the retina (animal's eyes tend to reflect light back much more than human eyes - but even human eyes will give a 'red eye' effect e.g. with some types of photographic flash)?

Generally a dogs eye will reflect blue. I see it often enough driving around at night when I see people walking their dogs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 pm 
Underworld Minion

ooooh.....
seeing as this was your most active topic and you werent giving me any clues I came alooking Anth......
.......and thats mad!

I see flashes now, and I have for several years.....in fact I did go and get my eyes checked when it first started happening cos I thought it was my eyes..and when the test were all ok I just presumed it was a stress related thing....altho it wasnt!!!

I havent had them very bright for ages, and I can get them all over the place.
I often get black flashes too.....
The back ones seem to be always when theres lots of people,the white ones were when I was on my own (altho I've not had a white one for a while I dont think).
Years ago I went to buddhist meditation things for a while and we all had to sit there meditating whilst the top bloke came in but I couldnt help myself and used to sit watching people with thier eyes closed (cos I'm not very nice really!),I closed my eyes a first but would open em after a min or 2....anyway,when he came in the room would go mad with all these flashes white and black,I think lots were black...I could feel the energy and it was odd to sit watching the people with thier eyes shut watching the flashes.I could 'feel' them with my eyes shut too.

I used to get a lot of black ones at a stable I used to go to a lot.....I think this place is riddled with old mines but also has ley lines running thru it...and some of the horses dont like one of the barns where a photo of a 'ghost' horse was taken...

A lass I know and her sister have had really blinding white flashes,one was so bright they couldnt see for a few secs (like someone had taken a flash picture in thier face was how they described it).

A lass I shared a flat with for a bit years ago said she had one once and at the same time she felt a 'crack' in her head and said the flash was the brightest thing she had ever experienced, and for a long time after it made her very sensitive to noise,taste,light,electrical things,colour and also she seemed to get some 'ghostly' stuff too.She was very much into trancendual meditiation and she believed this was a very good step on the way to 'enlightenment' but she said the pain was unbearable at the time so if enlightenments painful then I dont think its for me hehehe!

I had flashes at the last team meeting actually now I come to think of it....I mentioned them (cos often they can just seem like lightening or the lights in the place flashing) but I dont think anyone else got them....

None of these people and my self included have any form of epilipsy that I'm aware of,or any other physical things....and I know othe rpeople get them,I was in a pub that was flashing like a strobe once and I was suprised when a medium was getting them too,cos I think until then I had just thought it was me!!!!

Have you had anymore Anth?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

I get them from time to time. Not so much in the house since I told the entity to f*ck off and get the hell out of my f*cking house. Perhaps I was forcefull enough do you think?

I also get times where my conciousness seems to get dragged away, imagine when you go to sleep as your body starts to relax.....I get that during the day and a loud "BZZZZRRRKKK" in my head and suddenly I am wondering where I am, as if I have just woken up. The thing is I know I havent fell asleep cos I can see everything in front of me all the time.

The flashes usually happen during the night, although it could just be that they are more noticable at night time. I was in the back garden the other night and it was pretty damned dark, I was taking the bin down the side alleyway and I was sure something....not someone was crawling along behind me. That was kinda weird.