It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 am

Post subject: Flashes of light
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Before I moved house, I would often see flashes of light in a darkened hallway in my old house. I know it was not headlights from a passing car as we had a very thick blackout curtain over the door, which was the only source of outside light in the hall.

This also happened upstairs, some of you may recall my mentioning that my wifes grandparents haunted the landing and hall and the dog would not sleep out there.

Well, the flashes are back and in my new house. Been happening a lot more recently. I notice them all the time and the dog has seen them too, as he is often running and barking into the hallway just after I have seen one. They seem to be like a cameras flash, maybe not quite as bright, sometimes small sometimes large. The only difference now is that these flashes are bothering me, i feel very uncomfortable when they happen. My wife does not notice them much, only occasionally but she is not bothered by them.

At first I thought flashes could be a sign of eye problems, but I have had a detached retine in my right eye and know what those flashes are like, these are not the same things, and I notice them on my left side which I have regular checkups done on my left eye as the right one is permanently damaged from the detachment.

We dont have any cold spots in the house, but on night time at the top of the stairs, somehting freeks me out when I look down at the hallway, I feel very uneasy passing by the top of the stairs in the dark, even though my night vision is very good I just feel that I am being watched.

the feelings of worry are getting stronger as I see more and more flashes, my aunt who is a sensative said there is nothing she can detect in the house and she said it has a nice feeling......it does, until these flashes start.

Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of thing, any ideas what it could be, rational, paranormal......anything accepted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:18 am 
A Stiff

from a semi sensitives point of view i would say They are trying to get your attention the best thing you can do is take some time when it is quiet and sit and talk to them and hope that they can get the message across that they are trying to give,once you recognise the fact that they are there in many cases the phenomena usually calms down. :)

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Orbione kenobie wrote:
from a semi sensitives point of view i would say They are trying to get your attention the best thing you can do is take some time when it is quiet and sit and talk to them and hope that they can get the message across that they are trying to give,once you recognise the fact that they are there in many cases the phenomena usually calms down. :)

But if "they" want to pass a message across, why do i feel threatened when these flashes occur? Surely theres other ways they can get amessage to me, I have been known to be suseptable to dream influence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:03 pm 
A Stiff

All i can say is i have the same problem here at home on occasion and not everything that comes from the spirit side of life is pleasant as i found at the schooner,but was prepared for. Once you become sensitive you become a beacon for the disposessed from the lower astral plains some people need help others are just plain mean maybe you have upset your wifes gp's by moving or you have a new guest in your house,the reason i say talk to them is because it is just as hard for them to bridge the gap between the two worlds and you have to meet each other halfway the majority of the time to get the best results.i agree that getting the message across in dream state would be an answer but it is not always the best way for the solution to come across,you may also be falling foul of the body's response to the unknown and now because you have let these events disturb you somewhat your body will automatically switch to defensive mode when these events occur,this still happens to me on occasion when something out of the blue happens unexpectedly it's unnerving but very unlikley to be of any significant threat to you or your family i would take the fact that your wife is not in the least bit bothered by whats happening as a good sign if you can bridge the gap you should get an answer but if you feel under threat surround yourself in your minds eye with a golden egg and outside this a barrier of white light. :)

Post subject: ghost
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:58 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi anth,as the team sensitive,i have the ditinct feeling that you have carried this astral with you to your new location,it is not someone you no so be careful, i want you to try and cleanse the house with a very bright white light,pull it round the whole house,and embrace your family into it,even the dog, by the way i see a graveyard not so far from where you did lived?and theres a peter present?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:29 am 
Site Admin

OK update time.

I have recently been away fro a long weekend, no sign of flashes with me.
And I slept very well.

However, last night a continuation of the pattern of sleep I am having. I seem to wake up EVERY morning at 04:50, I dont mean I wake up look at the clock and go back to sleep, I mean BANG wide awake, looking at the clock and I cannot get back to sleep until I have checked the clock at 05:00.

I did not see any flashes last night, although the feeling of being watched was there again when I walked past the top of the stairs.

We placed the picture of my Wifes grandparents at the top of the stairs as this is where they were meant to be in the old house, and I did invite them to follow us to th enew house.

The perception of a cemetary not far from where we used to live is pretty spot on, about 1 mile from the old house to Thornaby cemetary, where incidently the wifes Grandparents and brother are buried. I have no recollection of a name peter, but as was stated it could be someone I dont know.

Our old house was built in 1985 and the new house was built in 1971.....we were the 3rd and 6th owners respectively. The old house was built on an area that was once old street housing, so any astral could pre date the house, however no one has ever picked up on this astral before.

Several mediums have told us that the grandparents where the ones at the top of the stairs in our old house, mainly my wifes grandmother, but occasionally her grandad. They both passed before I met my wofe so i would not know them or my wifes brother who passed in 1982. But again the name peter does not feature there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 pm 
Professional Investigator

Anth as a sceptics point of view and ive also done a bit of stuff on Sp (sleep paraylis etc) right white flashes, People see these mainly at night and more often from the left side, they look like a white flash or a line at the left side but soon disappear. Also the feeling of been watched when you are in bed, SP is suffered from a lot of people they feel there is someone in the room with you, sometimes feel very threatned by this feelings. Sometimes feel like they cant move maybe even see dark shadows in the room or even on the stairs/landing etc! I have done a bit of info about this on main website and in more detail on Lees site Haunted land. People who mainly suffer from this are often believers but also people who have sleep Deprivation (like u say waking up at a certain time, each time its a reaction that makes you wake up at the same time if not a coinsidence), people on medication, people who suffer from depression, anyway read on websites if ya wanan know more. This is my view on what has happend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Andrea, As you know I look for all sorts of reasons for things happening.

These flashes do occur mostly at night, but I have seen one or two during the day. As I mentioned I thought it could be a problem with my eyes, but as I am regularly checked because of the my retinal detachment in my right eye, I have ruled this out, they are not like those flashes and ripples.

The feeling of being watched is only at one place in the house, sometimes I get it sometimes I dont, but when it does happen it is a very very uncomfortable feeling. I am happy in the house, and 90% of the time it feels lovely to be there.

Actually thinking more about it, my wife constantly says "what?" to me, thinking I am talking when i am not.....I wonder if this is also linked or just an imagination thing.

I'm going to have a go at seeing if, in case it is supernatural, opening communication with whatever it is thats causing the flashes. I cant really ask for protection as I am not religious, but if things get out of hand I know someone who I can call to sort it out.

See you in hell my friends...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:35 pm 

Anth yea i know you always look at logical reasons as we have had a few convo's about stuff and i think its great you do this as too many dont.

Like i always say its only my opnion and you yourself know what you see.feel,hear etc. I look Fwd to hearing more of your findings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:18 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

Seems like everybody's house is haunted except mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:38 pm 
A Stiff

I will arrange to have someone sent over i've got surplus here. :lol: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Well last night I attempted communication.

Nothing. not a sausage.

I saw no flashes, I did not wake up early this morning.

I tried calling out the name peter, no acknowledgement. I tried grandma and Grandad, but nothing, I also tried My wifes brothers name, nothing.

So lets see if anything else develops....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:10 am 

There you go :wink: Seriously though i do find this interesting

Post subject: ghosts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:39 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi anth,i can say that it is not the grandparents that are there,they have moved on,it is at the stairs and the landing that you get thislight ,this astral is not involved with you or your partner,but it is with yo and you alone.i still get the name peter echoing from your house,but as you get more setteled in you will find that it becomes less frequent :D

Post subject: Re: ghosts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

pam-ngi wrote:
hi anth,i can say that it is not the grandparents that are there,they have moved on,it is at the stairs and the landing that you get thislight ,this astral is not involved with you or your partner,but it is with yo and you alone.i still get the name peter echoing from your house,but as you get more setteled in you will find that it becomes less frequent :D

Well Again I attempted communication, nothing, I started off asking questions and waiting for things to happen. after about an hour I started getting more and more irate.

By the end of the night I said "if you are here, and you cant be bothered to communicate then f*ck off cos I cant be bothered with you, you are not welcome in my house. If you want to communicate then do so, if not stay away"

I noticed the dog seemed more relaxed this morning, perhaps he slept better, I was sleeping well again last night.

Post subject: trie stories
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:29 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

hi anth, seems like your doing a good job chasing the astral away yourself,if your sleeping better and the dog,it looks like things are settling down for you,but if you need anymore questions answered you no were to ask.but there is one thing that i must say ,im looking at alot of arguments,and deep seated thoughts within the house,try and rush them away quickly. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

what do you mean by a lot of arguments and deep seated thoughts?

Between me and the wife or what?

:(

Post subject: true
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

yes i belive so,like not wanting to talk to each other about certain issues,they get stuck in the throat at times not getting outof the system.but like i said they will get better in time.

Post subject: Re: true
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:57 am 
Site Admin

pam-ngi wrote:
yes i belive so,like not wanting to talk to each other about certain issues,they get stuck in the throat at times not getting outof the system.but like i said they will get better in time.

OK, not sure that would be me and the wife, we have never had an argument in the 5 years we have been together and are totally open with one another.

I do know that the last owner of the house got it reposessed due to gambling debts, perhaps that what you are picking up on???

Post subject: true
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:31 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

well im glad its not you and your partner,it prob's is the last people that were yhere,whoever they were left a lasting immpression :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Update:

Its been quiet for a while, but this week I have ben up early for work 05:30 and the feeling is back, when passing the top of the stairs and looking down to the hallway, I get a really bad feeling.

No flashes of light though. And this morning when getting ready in the spare room (wife was still asleep) I could hear what i thought was a creaking floorboard, I moved about a bit but couldn't find it.

I then sat on the bed and guess what....I heard the same squeek!! At this point (and while I was away from the bed but facing the doorway) the dog walked in and looked at the bloody bed, well I walked out of there fairly quickly and got ready in the bathroom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Still getting the creepy feeling in my hallway (when passing by at the top of the stairs) but the flashing lights have now gone.

Been doing some research, I have lived on the estate all my life bar three years in thornaby. My parents have lived there since the estate was built. My new house is a 5 minute walk away from my parents.
House was built in 1971. previous to that it was farm land, with the house located where the pub (stoney oak) and shops are now sited. (Many thanks for confirming this goes to Durhams online mapping http://www.durham.gov.uk/durhamcc/usp.n ... endocument)

In 1938 or 1939 the farmers wife was murdered, they now believe the wrong man was hanged for the crime at Durham. Her body was found on the track leading from high grange, over the Old A19 and into Wolviston village. This murder was once featured on the TV show michael aspel used to do......think it was called in mysterious circumstances....or somehting like that.
My friend who lived at the time.....very close ot where the farmhosue was located, was walking his dog on the fields (now completely built on unfortunately) and saw what he determined to be a woman in her night dress running silently across a field, he told me he noticed this because the dog ( a very nasty german shepherd) stood rigid and stared towards the figure.
I'm trying to find out more information, such as the date, I know it happened overnight, her body was found the next morning when the farmer went looking for her. I want names and dates.
My own grandmother told me the part of the track this happened in, fortunately the entire track are is accessible, although now perhaps 40% of it is no longer a track, but is public land.

I've just got a new toy, a Nikon D40 DSLR camera, so I intend on getting pictures, hopefully I can capture more than "dust" hehehehe.

Quote:
High Grange Murder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Incidently another thing worth looking into is the rumours of a ghostly black dog not far fro there again. Billingham golf course has witnessed at least two people being stalked by a very very large black dog with red eyes that disapears in torch light and then re-apears when the light is shining away. The last report indicates the "spectre" approached two teenage lads and they were extremely afraid. They claim to have seen it on more than one occasion.
I'll look up the report again, but it mentions that Billingham has quite a few Ley lines running through it.

Quote:

got your email address from an article about black dogs folklore. I'm writing because I was wondering if you had any more info. This is because for nearly a year now, myself and a friend have seen a black dog in our area. We know for certain it is not just a stray or something, and to be honest, until we read the information on the sight we thought we must of been imagining it. The creature we see looks a little more like a wolf than a dog, it has glowing red eyes, and is always seen in the same places. We live in Billingham, its a town near to Middlesbrough, and had a really old village nearly a mile away called Wolviston. Also, I've noticed that the information we find always mentions death, but up to now, touch wood, no one near to us has died. We would be really grateful if you could send us some more information about this, and if you want any information on what we've seen I'd gladly send you it.

Source: http://www.indigogroup.co.uk/edge/bdemails.htm

Graham [Jan 2000]

The following is Graham's answer to my series of questions about this experience:

Q: How often have you and your friend seen this dog?
A: We've seen it in and off for the past 2 to 3 years.

Q: What time of day?
A: Always at night time

Q: Always in or near the same place?
A: Not really. We see it around our area in Billingham but its location changes. When we read some book on the paranormal a section said that they always stayed in the same place, or appeared along supposed ley lines. There are quite a few ley lines running through Billingham but so its possable that it is appearing along these lines.

Q: How long do you see it for?
A: Time varies. But usually never more than 5 minutes. And we usually end up seeing it and walking away from it!

Q: Does is behave as a perfectly normal dog or is there anything 'paranormal' about its behaviour (e.g. disappears into thin air after a few seconds)?
A: It acts more like a wolf, it keeps its distance and seems to watch us untill we show some signs of knowing its there. Then it usually stays still and blends in with the background or starts towards us.

Q: What about the eyes?
A: They shine red but usually they don't show at all.

Q: If you're seeing this at night is there any street lighting or car headlights that will reflect off the retina (animal's eyes tend to reflect light back much more than human eyes - but even human eyes will give a 'red eye' effect e.g. with some types of photographic flash)?
A: We've only seen the eyes glow twice. Once was in the middle of a golf course while we were taking a short cut. We were quite deep into it and it was totally pitch black so I doubt it was the retina. And the second time was by a main road. It was pretty late and there were no cars around but its possible it could of been reflected from a street lamp.

Q: Anything else significant or unusual about what you see, when or where you see it, etc??
A: The first time we saw it was at the formentioned golf course. We were walking from a camping party back home at about 3 in the morning. I noticed Ste watching something as we walked and when I looked there was a large shadow. About the size of a large dog. I shone the torch light against it and it vanished completely. I removed the light and it was there again. I said it must of just been a shadow but as we walked it remained beside us. The we saw a pair of red "eyes" come from it. I shone the torch again, and again it vanished. But this time when I removed the torch it appeared closer than it was before and it was still moving toward us, quickly. We sh*t ourselfs and legged it. Since then we seen it loads of times, but we've never actually heard it bark or howl. It seems to appear in the same places, and usually starts toward us. Weird thing is, we never hardly see it in the winter, in fact I havn't seen it since September.

Ok, now you either think we are escaped mental patients or kids with too much time on our hands, or telling the truth. I assure you we are telling the truth, I'm 17 and Ste is 19. Hope this info helps, thanks

Graham & Ste [Jan 2000]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 pm 
Stone Thrower

Good Luck Anth.............. hope you find something but if I was you scrap the match, ghost hunting is much more fun -- esp now you have your new toy too lol

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:32 pm 
Stone Thrower

I bet I have nightmares now about big scarey dogs with red eyes lol

That must of been prity scary for them to see, but its deffo interesting to try to find out from others who have also seen it