It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 am

Post subject: Today..
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:28 pm 
A Stiff

While i was doing the morning dishes i was in the house on my own as the boss haha had gone into town for a bit of shopping this happened.

The front door opened by itself then closed itself afterwards i even heard the handle drop and close again because you can't get the door open or closed without making a noise.i thought it was lesley coming home so i went to have a look straight away nobody there looked in the street empty nobody around i guess a visitor either came home or went for a walk.. :wink:

All the latest goings on are viewable here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:02 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

wow, might be an idea to set up a camcorder or something, what ya reckon wayne?

The truth is out there to be found - you just got to look for it.

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:05 pm 
The Ferryman

How long has this stuff been happening in your house Wayne?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:11 pm 
Professional Investigator

Of course no surprise im going to completly look at this a totally different way. Doors can open by themselves, it could be the wind, a slight draught when the door hasnt been closed probably and believe it or not some doors if they are made of a certain material can actually expand and shrink and this can lead to a door open and close same as creaks and knocks in a room. You will probably think "Yeah whatever" lol as u believe what u believe but look at all explantions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:14 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

no one should be surprised with you looking for rational reasoning andrea, thats the main idea of a sceptic. but everyone should be looking for rational reasons to begin with.

i understand the reasoning behind what you are saying, maybe it might be an idea for the team to go there one day and have look round?

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:40 pm 
A Stiff

Well what can i say it was rather odd shame it was another hour before the postie brought my Emf meter but one night i'm gonna set up the cam and leave it running and see what happens.As far as it being wind and the door not closed properly etc not possible the door handle was up which locks the door in place and i clearly heard the handle drop,so unless it was someone running past the house with a penchant for door handles i can't see it being anything else as i've already looked at probably all of the possibilites you have mentioned Andrea. :wink:

Btw it's not the first time it's happened. but this kind of thing usually only happens when im on my own same as when the fish tank fluro tube dissapeard and i spent 30 mins looking for it and played merry hell with the boss for moving it until she mentioned it was on the side in the kitchen. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:07 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

esh never play merry hell with the boss ya know wat happens, the boss gets mad lol

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:52 pm 

Mind the EMF, they not my fav piece of equipment and ive learned quite a bit about it. When an EMF goes off even if you are not near cables/eletrics people are too far quick to say it is something paranormal there are so many other reasons why it would go off for, Whats interesting is if you leave it in a certain place dont touch it and leave it turned on, away from any cables which really u shud do the checks first then if it goes of on its own that that is interesting, walking around with one means Jack **** as you can actually create your own Magnetic field when you walk about.

Shame you feel this "Experience" happens when you are alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:49 pm 
A Stiff

Not always.. :wink:

Interesting how you managed to pick out your last sentence tho maybe i'm hallucinating or had too much coffee or something there's a nice easy explanation for you. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:10 pm 
Amatuer Investigator

nice experiance Wayne

I know what those front doos are like not that easy to open with the wind (just my thought) :lol:

carl@northern-ghost-investigations.com

Post subject: today
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:17 pm 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

keep posting anything else that happens wayne,so we can all pile round yours for halloween :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:41 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

so when ya walking round checking for electro magnetic fields with an emf its no good, so what is the point of emf readers then? as we all know they are not really a "ghost hunting" piece of equipment, they are for picking up electro magnetic fields but as if you say we make a magnetic field when we walk round then they are pretty useless for the job that they were made to do i guess?

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:06 am 

The point is to check where live cables are so if you have a EMf still and say in the middle of a table or something without touching it and it goes off u can rule out eletricals currences, EMFs can go off and give a negative reading as there are cables behind walls and some pipping under the floorboards can make it go off as well. So the point of having one is to to do these checks ive said this many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:09 am 

JAY EDIT : Bugger - I accedently hit EDIT instead of QUOTE and overwrote this post and couldn't remember what it was originally.. DOH!!!! Sorry Andrea ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:44 am 
Amatuer Investigator

Andrea75 wrote:
Orbione kenobie wrote:

Interesting how you managed to pick out your last sentence tho maybe i'm hallucinating or had too much coffee or something there's a nice easy explanation for you. :roll: :wink: :lol:

What do u mean???? You dont take too kindly to a sceptics point of view do ya..lol Well Thats why im here for and lee and whoever else.

Hi, I'm Andrea Blackburn. You may remember me from such classic parapsychology films as "Im better than Ciaran O'Keefe" or "I am ALWAYS right" or "Ghosts are all in your head man". :lol:

Sorry, my kids have had the Simpsons DVD on all morning. lmao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:02 am 
A Ratty-Tap-Tap

ok i understand andrea
but
what i am saying is what they were original built for was to check electro magnetic fields - not in paranormal investigations but in everyday life. but since we make our own magnetic field these really have no use as you will just pick up your own field when you are looking for soething else in everday life :wink:

bearing in mind that the actual machines are powered by - battery which surely gives off a magnetic field to :wink:

kris@paranormaluk.co.uk
Paranormal UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:37 am 
A Stiff

Andrea75 wrote:
Orbione kenobie wrote:

What do u mean???? You dont take too kindly to a sceptics point of view do ya..lol Well Thats why im here for and lee and whoever else.
Your narrow vision and segmented view of the universe is not my problem i don't care if you believe or not that is your choice. :wink:

What do u mean???? You dont take too kindly to a Believers point of view do ya..lol Well Thats why im here for and whoever else.. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 am 
The Ferryman

Andrea75 wrote:

Andrea - you miss the point all the time .. Your quick to jump on and quash a believers point, yet fail to accept or take on board anything anyone says that challenges your own debunking .. errrm .. sceptical (sorry!!) belief system.

I'm not going to go into the same point I make over and over and over on these boards ..

.. because what I say just won't process

but YOU are the living proof that validates what I say over and over to you .. so .. Thank You .. :wink:

Not that that will register, mind .. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:03 am 

Here we go again! So im the only one to jump and quash a believers point and it dont go other way too now who is doing exactly the same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:04 am 

Orbione kenobie wrote:
Andrea75 wrote:
Orbione kenobie wrote:

Your narrow vision and segmented view of the universe is not my problem i don't care if you believe or not that is your choice. :wink:

What do u mean???? You dont take too kindly to a Believers point of view do ya..lol Well Thats why im here for and whoever else.. :lol:

Wayne i do listen to EVERYONES View, u dont know me enough thats why u are sayng this so it will go over me head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:05 am 

Jay wrote:
Andrea75 wrote:

Andrea - you miss the point all the time .. Your quick to jump on and quash a believers point, yet fail to accept or take on board anything anyone says that challenges your own debunking .. errrm .. sceptical (sorry!!) belief system.

I'm not going to go into the same point I make over and over and over on these boards ..

.. because what I say just won't process

but YOU are the living proof that validates what I say over and over to you .. so .. Thank You .. :wink:

Jay i do listen to everyone, if i didnt then i would say be saying that EVERYTHING poeple experience are making it up and lying1 Have i ever said that???

Not that that will register, mind .. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:12 am 
The Ferryman

No - other people who quash peoples beliefs are still entirely open to the other persons point .. you'll find many a believer on these boards supporting rationale thinking ...

, ,but immediately - without conducting ANY investigation or scientific evaluation - your dismissing a door opening because .. it was the wind .. duh!!! Obvious you loonies .. :roll:

.. Tell me Dr Andrea .. :wink: .. how can you come to that scientific conclusion without examining the door? Not knowing the weather that day? Not filming it ? etc etc etc .. You've immediately reached out and came up with the first rationale reason that fits in with your sceptical world view without any investigation into whether thats possible .. not very scientific is it? Makes you just as bad as the Creaky Floorboard brigade .. doesn't it?? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:15 am 

when i do my checks i check the doors for draughts etc etc some people dont, i do and so does lee as he has done it in the past as well. I am giving my view on sommat like tehe door open im not right and im not wrong giving me opnion if im asked, if u dont want my view then no one ask me simple as that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:25 am 
The Ferryman

Its the way you give it ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:27 am 

well thats the way i am, people may ask for my view and ill give it the way i do as that is me.