Haunted UK

Records which describe the building of Dalston Hall refer to it when the first John Dalston dedicated The Pele Tower to his wife, whom he married in 1507, the oldest part of the building is thought to be …

Croxteth Hall has had quite a quiet place in history and not much is known about its past. Building work on the hall began in 1575 and the last building on the site was completed in …

Impressive and forbidding, Carlisle Castle is a formidable fortress, amply repaying exploration of its absorbing 900-year history. The History of Carlisle Castle Long commanding the especially turbulent western end of the Anglo-Scottish border, Carlisle has witnessed many conflicts …

Capesthorne has been touched by nearly 1,000 years of English History. Roman Legions passed across it. Titled Norman families hunted on it. In the Civil War the family was Royalist and an ancestress helped Charles …

Brougham Hall, set in its own park, is the historic country seat of the Brougham family. The History of Brougham Hall A fortified home has existed on the elevated site since the late 1400s. The Broughams …

The Tontine

April 13, 2009 // 0 Comments

The Cleveland Tontine is situated at the junction of the present A19 and A172 – both roads being of ancient origin (from York and Thirsk toYarm and Stockton on the west (A19) and to the east to …

The Schooner Hotel is situated in Alnmouth, a small village on the coast of Northumberland. The village lies at the mouth of the river Aln and was once a thriving seaport. It was to this harbour that …

The historic Golden Fleece is one of the oldest coaching inns in the ancient city of York. The History of The Golden Fleece Early records show that the inn was about in 1503 and between this time and …

The North East Aircraft Museum (the NEAM), formerly the Northumbrian Aeronautical Collection, began life in 1974 as a small group of vintage aircraft enthusiasts meeting very informally at Sunderland Flying Club to exchange views and information on …

The Central Public Middlesbrough Library was officially opened in 1912 by Alderman Amos Hinton. Built on two plots of land, one donated by Sir Hugh Bell, the other by Alderman Amos Hinton, the foundation stone was laid …

1 4 5 6 7 8 10
Haunted England Top 100 Paranormal Websites We are listed at the www.topparanormalsites.com website. Click here to vote for us.. Thank you :-) Top Site List - please vote for us